Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retailer forces all their customers out for a fire drill!

+3
paul
chips
madmax
7 posters

Go down

Retailer forces all their customers out for a fire drill! Empty Retailer forces all their customers out for a fire drill!

Post  madmax Tue 13 Mar 2012, 5:21 pm

Ever heard of a retailer throwing all their customers out for a fire drill?
Went to Bunnings in Frankston today, got there just in time for them to be walking out of the store including all their customers for a bloody fire drill. The only shade was just near the door but they forced all the customers out to the middle of the carpark. One woman went right off at one of the staff. I got back on the bike and left. I've got better things to do than be fucked around by them.
Imagine if a big shopping centre like Quayside or Southland was to do the same....

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Retailer forces all their customers out for a fire drill! Empty Re: Retailer forces all their customers out for a fire drill!

Post  chips Tue 13 Mar 2012, 6:29 pm

never happened to me before.... Can't believe it myself. Wouldn't they do it after hours or something so as to not put the customer out? Was it actually a drill?

Back to top Go down

Retailer forces all their customers out for a fire drill! Empty Re: Retailer forces all their customers out for a fire drill!

Post  madmax Tue 13 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

chips wrote:never happened to me before.... Can't believe it myself. Wouldn't they do it after hours or something so as to not put the customer out? Was it actually a drill?

Yes just a drill, if it was real I wouldn't have minded.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:03 pm

we all got turfed out of Coles a while back , turns out the guy cooking the sample sausages in a fry pan set the alarm off . We all got a voucher for our troubles which was pretty cool Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:51 pm

paul wrote:we all got turfed out of Coles a while back , turns out the guy cooking the sample sausages in a fry pan set the alarm off . We all got a voucher for our troubles which was pretty cool Very Happy

I'm fairly sure Bunnings wasn't offering vouchers

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:53 pm

madmax wrote:
paul wrote:we all got turfed out of Coles a while back , turns out the guy cooking the sample sausages in a fry pan set the alarm off . We all got a voucher for our troubles which was pretty cool Very Happy

I'm fairly sure Bunnings wasn't offering vouchers

probably not sample sausages either Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:55 pm

Woolies do them .All people OUT NOW.I have no problem with it ,but then again i never food shop .I mean Carol works there .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

gus wrote:Woolies do them .All people OUT NOW.I have no problem with it ,but then again i never food shop .I mean Carol works there .

When we ran fire drills it was after work using family/friends as dummy customers....

Couldn't imagine doing it during actual opening hours. Thats crazy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 14 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

Bunnings here in Tuggeranong had a fire evac a weekend or two ago, however it was a different sounding alarm and no one really new what was going on, took a good 5 minutes (after the fire truck had arrived) that they decided to get everone out, seems to me they need to do more of these drills than less.

And yes we have even had full Westfield shoping centres evacuated here in Canberra, I think Belconnen was doing it on an almost weekly basis and Woden has been done one or twice - however I think none of these were drills.

Retailer forces all their customers out for a fire drill! Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 14 Mar 2012, 3:38 pm

I have no problem with the staff training for the fire drills, but I don't see a point doing it during opening hours. The customers don't need to be involved, the staff need to be trained in ensuring that everyone is evaluated, and you don't need customers or fire engines for a mock evacuation

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Wed 14 Mar 2012, 4:19 pm

they're always done during normal work otherwisw the drill wont be effective for the real thing

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 6:38 pm

Used to happen regularly at the Hyperdome at Tuggeranong. Dumb fuck shoppers would crowd around the doors waiting to get back in. Had a few bomb threats as well, same issue with the shoppers. I liked the drills, time not spent at work working Cool
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 14 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

A fire drill without the shoppers , useless ..Anyone heard of the "Titanic"
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 14 Mar 2012, 8:12 pm

when I was a teenager ,all my mates were 3 to 4 years older than me so I used to go to a lot of places most 16-17 year olds don`t .One night we went to an over 20s licensed dance ( I think Col Joy & the joy boys were playing ) & half way through the night , they announced there had been a bomb planted and we should leave in an orderly fashion. We`re pretty sure it was a guy outside trying to convince us we were entering the bowels of hell , so we suggested to him he should move along , which prompted the other 100 plus patrons in line to echo our requests, so we think it was him who made the call about the bomb.
Just after the announcement was made someone over the other side of the club in their eagerness to get out knocked over a table loaded with glasses , jugs etc causing an almighty bang/ crash .Women screamed , grown men froze with fear , & over all it was quite a spectacle .
By this time there were coppers everywhere & I wasn`t so sure they would believe it was my license & not a borrowed one as we had to file past them to get out ( no pictures on licenses back then ) . WE all managed to leave & I didn`t have to go home & explain to my parents why I had been charged for everything that an underage lad likes to get up to . We sat around outside while they searched the place & then let us all back in after // No bomb as you probably guessed .
I don`t know if they had practiced an evacuation before this happened , but it sure had the potential to turn pear shaped untill the coppers arrived

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down