Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIDE TO COFFS AND ARMIDALE

+2
Baz
realfeel
6 posters

Go down

RIDE  TO COFFS AND ARMIDALE Empty RIDE TO COFFS AND ARMIDALE

Post  realfeel Fri 15 Jan 2010, 6:26 pm

Just got back from a ride up the coast to Coffs then up to Dorrigo and along the amazing Waterfall Way which is perfect Bandit territory!! Then to Armidale and back down the Thunderbolts Way, then The Bucketts and home ...........what a blast...highly recommended
realfeel
realfeel

Back to top Go down

RIDE  TO COFFS AND ARMIDALE Empty Re: RIDE TO COFFS AND ARMIDALE

Post  Baz Fri 15 Jan 2010, 7:17 pm

I came back that way when I bought my bike at Maroochydore. Full on twisties, it only straightened out between Armidale & Walcha, then it got twisty again. I particularly liked the stretch between Ebor & Armidale.
We should do this ride as a weekender or a long weekender, it would give us a chance to catch up with the Newcastle members.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Fri 15 Jan 2010, 9:21 pm

thats not a bad idea - its nice countryside up there
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:37 am

Bugger!!! You guys came through without letting me know!!! Suspect I live in Uralla, just outside Armidale; in fact last weekend I was forced to once again sacrifice for my family and take the Bandit to Kempsey for a wedding. Wink

Dink
I am on the contact list

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sat 16 Jan 2010, 4:56 pm

Baz wrote:I came back that way when I bought my bike at Maroochydore. Full on twisties, it only straightened out between Armidale & Walcha, then it got twisty again. I particularly liked the stretch between Ebor & Armidale.
We should do this ride as a weekender or a long weekender, it would give us a chance to catch up with the Newcastle members.

Brilliant idea. Im in

Admin

Back to top Go down

RIDE  TO COFFS AND ARMIDALE Empty I THINK WE MET DINK and FARMSTAY FOR THE SYDNEY FOLKS

Post  realfeel Sat 16 Jan 2010, 5:51 pm

Heh Dink, were you the dude who stopped at Walcha to say hello cos' we were on a Bandit? Also we live on acres so you guys in Sydney are welcome to throw a tent for the night, say a Friday, then we could all leave Mount George ( between Taree and GLOUCESTER) and head up the coast or the Bucketts Way for the sat/sun ride.It would take about 3-4 hours to get here from the start of the F3 at Hornsby, so by the time you leave work you would still be here at a reasonable hour. have a barbie and a couple of cold ones and some peaceful zzzzzzzzzzzzz.We have 1.7 ks of dirt,but the road to Mount George is a very scenic, twisty ride that follows the Manning river inland....food for thought anyway folks..home number is 65506659 Ian and Sally
realfeel
realfeel

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicko Sat 16 Jan 2010, 6:01 pm

I was up that way on my way back to the Gold Coast after a holiday in the Snowies at Xmas. Yeah, some brilliant bike riding territory but, unfortunately, had to take the cage on that occasion. Followed the Waterfall Way because I hadn't seen that wonderful Dorrigo escarpment since I was a kid ... but it was just after the big rains and we had a white-out fog all the way from Armidale to Bellingen!

By the way, never done it but the Snowy Ride would be incredible. Some of the best riding roads in Oz!
Nicko
Nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Sun 17 Jan 2010, 10:19 am

Yeah Ian that was me, was on the way home from another family commitment in Kempsey; the Bandit was required for a wedding procession.

Dink

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum