Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penrite releases new range of motorcycle oils

+2
Ewok1958
Ironman
6 posters

Go down

Penrite releases new range of motorcycle oils Empty Penrite releases new range of motorcycle oils

Post  Ironman Fri 09 Dec 2011, 9:38 pm

Hey Everyone. Penrite have released their new range of oils. Some are Motorcycle specific and some are rated for both cars and bikes (JASO MA).
Interesting to look through. I have included a link here... http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products/motorcycle-oils/10_tenths_racing_15_full_synthetic
Navigate around to see the others. Yet another option in the confusing world of motor oil. Enjoy.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Penrite releases new range of motorcycle oils Empty Re: Penrite releases new range of motorcycle oils

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 10 Dec 2011, 7:50 am

I like the fact that you can type in your model of bike and it brings up the recommended oil.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Penrite releases new range of motorcycle oils Empty Re: Penrite releases new range of motorcycle oils

Post  gus Sat 10 Dec 2011, 8:19 am

I told you in the exhaust post this would happen . Razz
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:45 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:I like the fact that you can type in your model of bike and it brings up the recommended oil.
Most lube makers do the same thing. It's interesting to see what each brand recommends for each bike.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:24 am

Am currently running Penrite HPR GAS10 (10W50 semi-synthetic) in the B12. Gearshifts immediately improved but this happens whenever I change to fresh oil. Time will tell. So far so good done two days commute with it all is fine. At $42 for 5 litres = $8.40/lt vs $59 for 4 litres = $14.75/lt of comparable semi-synth bike oil. I'm happy with that! Bonus is after two oil changes you'll have just enough to get a 3rd oil change from what's left in the 5lt bottles.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

Full Throttle wrote:Bonus is after two oil changes you'll have just enough to get a 3rd oil change from what's left in the 5lt bottles.
Am I reading this wrong or does the B12 have ~1.6 litres to a change. Didn't know that and was expecting somewhere near what the B12.5 has or even more as it's oil cooled.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

dhula wrote:
Full Throttle wrote:Bonus is after two oil changes you'll have just enough to get a 3rd oil change from what's left in the 5lt bottles.
Am I reading this wrong or does the B12 have ~1.6 litres to a change. Didn't know that and was expecting somewhere near what the B12.5 has or even more as it's oil cooled.

Slight misread, B12 takes 3.3l so out of 2x5l i.e. 10l you get 3 changes Smile

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:15 pm

I have been using Penrite MC-4ST (4 STROKE) SEMI SYNTHETIC 10-50 for about a week now and it is a big improvement on the shell ultra SX4 that was supplied by the dealer on the service when i picked up the bike

Been out thrashing it quite a bit today with the new pod air filters and jetting and no signs of clutch slip yet and the motor seems quieter at idle now as well

Only $36.00 at auto barn but it is only a 4 ltr pack
STI-REX
STI-REX

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:57 pm

And how are those pod filters and stage 2 kit going?

Last edited by Full Throttle on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

Full Throttle wrote:And how are those pad filters and stage 2 kit going?

In 2 words "Bloody awesome" it sounds like a bike should sound and picks up the front wheel at will in 1st all too easily with a little twist ,no clutching it up here in 2nd either just floats up
STI-REX
STI-REX

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:00 am

noice!
Cost delivered to your door?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:05 am

Full Throttle wrote:noice!
Cost delivered to your door?

All up posted to my door was $ 360 and only took 6 working days from being posted to being at my door

The kit includes
1x set of needles + "E" clips
3 x set main jets
1x set pilot jets

Some needle shims , the pod filters , a breather filter and a good set of installation instructions with tuning guide
Also peace of mind knowing that dale walker actually rides and races bikes including a bandit and a lot of his work is done on the road tune as well as the dyno
STI-REX
STI-REX

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

HPR GAS 10 so far so good. Working well. Running at Willowbank next week so will see how it fares.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum