Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which BIKE??

+4
2wheelsagain
Bhoffo
Hammy
Vossy53
8 posters

Go down

Which BIKE?? Empty Which BIKE??

Post  Vossy53 Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:28 am

Good day to all members from a newby. I (that should read my wife and me) have a 2005 750F which has done 32000km and like most of you $2800 spent on making it EFFICIENT!! (thats what I tell her) On a recent 500 km trip my wife complained (rarely) of being cramped and my question is... Is there more room on the Bandit..? Seriously thinking of selling the 750 early next year with 12 mnths rego and buying (trading) a bandit. Are you able to fit a top box so the wife can lean against occasionally?? For all you Bandit riders this is your chance to add one more Bandit... your suggestions please (keep in mind that i'm 58 y.o. and 6ft 4) Stay Safe Vossy (Coffs Harbour)

Vossy53

Back to top Go down

Which BIKE?? Empty Re: Which BIKE??

Post  Hammy Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:46 am

Hi Vossy. The best way will be for you both to go have a few test rides. But I'm sure you will get some great advice from members here who have top boxes and the like. Best of luck.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

Vossy...

I'm 6ft 3" and have a Bandit 2008 1250s, also have a girlfriend who pillions regularly..... Combined weight without luggage is about 160kg... When I came back to riding about 5 years ago I bought a 1996 GSX750f... loved it but wanted more grunt!

I've found that the Bandit's seat isn't perhaps as comfortable as the 750's and for the past 2 years or so have been using an 'Air Hawk' cushion for both mine and the girls toosh!

Find it much better with the Air Hawk's and generally with us both on the Bandit will ride for a maximum of about 2 hrs before having a break. If I'm on the bike by myself I can pretty well ride until the tank's dry - about 400k's or 4 hrs (or whichever comes first Exclamation ) I have a Ventura bag/rack on the back but the girlfriend says she doesn't sit back onto it (for which I'm grateful) - most of the time she isn't holding on at all! Looking at getting some small Oxford type throwover panniers or similar in the near future..

Pretty sure you'd be happy with the Bandit but as mentioned.... take a few test rides (for as long as they allow) with both of you on it.. Good Luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

Get one. You know you want too.
A great used Bandit 1250S with full Givi luggage may be for sale on here very soon. Not mine but I know the bike Wink
Stay tuned.

More room. More Power. More Torque. EFI. More street cred. Laughing

Seat comfort is an individual thing (and screen protection). I and my pillions have not complained about the stock set up. Others do......

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:40 pm

What they said . Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

I'm 6ft 2in and find the Bandit comfortable. BUT, I don't carry a pillion and have never ridden the 750F (I did have a Yammy 750 tripple). The Bandit seat is open to plenty of discussion but the botton line on it is that it is not as good as some other machinery that might fit a big bugger like you. But that problem can be solved on the purchase price alone compared to XJRs, FJRs, ZX-14s, CB1300s, etc, etc. The Bandit is a real value for money UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycle). It may not be refined as some others or as good a tourer but for what it costs it does a great job. I've run up over 22,000 kms in 19 months and hardly any of that is commuting so I'm not bagging the Bandit at all (in case someone thought I was). I plan to keep it until it has over 200,000 kms on it (but hey, you know what happens when that sexier newer looking thing appears in the shop!). I got 380 kms per tank (19 litres) out of two consecutive fills last weekend on the CBR-SYD-CBR trip so can't complain about the economy (and I wasn't dawdling - I saw 180 kmph once 160 kmph twice - must get that speedo fixed). It will come down exactly what bit of a motorcycle you're really after. For the money, I'd buy another one, but if I get older (when is that exactly) and can't cope with the weight of the Bandit (or any of the others I mentioned above for that matter), I'd probably buy a VFR800.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:28 pm

You're to tall for a VFR Ewok. I tried one on.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

Thanks 2WA - I'll look into scooters then (but only when I'm old[er])! bounce bounce
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Thanks 2WA - I'll look into scooters then (but only when I'm old[er])! bounce bounce
lol!

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 25 Nov 2011, 7:01 pm

I'm tall and i have brown eyes & hair. I've got blue jocks on today Twisted Evil . So the quickest of bandits. the Silver ones, fit me really well Very Happy not like these jocks Embarassed shit I hate wedgies tongue

Last edited by Reardo on Fri 25 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 25 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

Keep taking the medicine Reado - it will help! Wink Wink
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 25 Nov 2011, 8:00 pm

Reardo wrote:I'm tall and i have brown eyes & hair. I've got blue jocks on today Twisted Evil . So the quickest of bandits. the Silver ones, fit me really well Very Happy not like these jocks Embarassed shit I hate wedgies tongue
You need to go commando mate. I can't because I get bruised knees Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Which BIKE?? Empty which bike ??

Post  paul Fri 25 Nov 2011, 8:10 pm

Reardo wrote:I'm tall and i have brown eyes & hair. I've got blue jocks on today Twisted Evil . So the quickest of bandits. the Silver ones, fit me really well Very Happy not like these jocks Embarassed shit I hate wedgies tongue

thought you were trying to be that sexy new thing in the shops Ewok was talking about when you were describing yourself then Reardo Razz Razz

welcome to the forum vossy53 Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:53 pm

I thought I saw some 'stringers' on the clothes line - sure you haven't accidentally put a pair of them on instead?? lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:19 pm

Bhoffo wrote:
accidentally
accidentally??? mmmmm what exactly mean by accidentally Embarassed ???? lol!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum