Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandit front forks

+3
Cruisecontrol
Dmaxhall
Cameron
7 posters

Go down

Bandit front forks Empty Bandit front forks

Post  Cameron Wed 02 Dec 2009, 9:38 pm

I am sure that the front forks on the 1200 are the same as the 1250, just the bottom is a different colour. Can anybody confirm?
I can get cheap second hand ones off a 1200 for my brothers bike. The slide etc are the same on the 1200/1250 forks, just wasnt 100% sure about the forks themselves..

Admin

Back to top Go down

Bandit front forks Empty Re: Bandit front forks

Post  Dmaxhall Sat 05 Dec 2009, 9:17 am

The 1250 has 43mm diameter, cartridge type forks with 130mm of travel (so says 1250specs...)

The 1200 is reported to have 43mm forks as well, but I have read that the 1250 has firmer fork springs and changed damping (valves).

Have a chat to Sean O'Sullivan at SOS Suspension. (Abel St. Penrith. PH-4732 5533)

Or, you could go with a GSX-R fork swap. Might be a little work, but Mat would end up with much better, fully adjustable forks. Twisted Evil

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on
which the established authorities are wrong"

- Voltaire
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Sun 06 Dec 2009, 11:06 am

The 1250 run a different front wheel & discs than the later model 1200's so if you intend to use the older forks you will need the older wheel, discs & brakes.

As stated, he would be much better off upgrading to GSX-R / Busa forks. If you can get a complete front end (forks, triples, wheel, discs & brakes) then it is a simple matter of swapping the steering stem to the Bandit one and it is job done.

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 06 Dec 2009, 5:28 pm

Sorted it out. The insides are not damages, so we are just getting them rebuilt.

But does anybody know where they are wrecking a 1250? so i can steal the front wheel? Have had no luck finding one, and looked just about everywhere

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 06 Dec 2009, 7:32 pm

Ok cancel that.
Now im interested in the gsxr kit.
Got any more info for me? Just wanna weigh up our options.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmaxhall Mon 07 Dec 2009, 6:16 pm

You will be best having a chat to Sean O'Sullivan about the fitment issues.

You can try Metropolitan Motorcycle Spares in Silverwater (Silverwater Road, PH-9748 7400) or Brisons Motorcycle Wreckers in Rydalmere (5 South Street, PH-9684 1881) for a GSX-R front end or a Bandit wheel. Don't know any wreckers out your way, but there would be a couple.

Another option is a Busa front end. The Bandit uses the same front brakes (discs, not calipers). Issues for all swaps would be fork length, diameter, clamping points, tube seperation distance etc, etc... Some time with a measuring tape can help heaps.

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on
which the established authorities are wrong"

- Voltaire
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Post  CHERRY1 Tue 08 Dec 2009, 5:24 pm

Why put yourself through all the agro of fitting "bodgie" forks to the front of your bros "NEW" bike. Repair the originals (ShawnSOS) Idea
does great work and it would look better in its original configuration, no doubt better resale and handling!!!
You have to believe that Suzuki spent a lot of money, time and effort getting those Bandits just right. I LOVE the way my bike performs, and have refained from touching any suspension settings. And believe me I love to tinker.
A new wheel for the Bandit can be bought from "Delkevic" www.delkevic.com.au
Anyhow these are my thoughts?
CHERRY1
CHERRY1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Thu 10 Dec 2009, 12:10 pm

The front forks are being rebuilt. Probably going to have to buy a new wheel as no wreckers seem to have any 1250 Bandit parts. Radiator was saved by the RadGaurd (very strong) I had on it. It literally saved the radiator from being crushed, the brackets bent but have been straightened out.

The only decision I have now is what to do with the body work. The front fender has to be replaced and so will the headlight shroud. The tank is damaged but is repairable. However the bike isn't a factory colour so I'm going to have to get the parts resprayed. I guess I may as well get it done now while the bike is off the road anyway. Thinking of getting it done in the "Voodoo Blue" off the new commodore.
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  CHERRY1 Thu 10 Dec 2009, 4:32 pm

As I said earlier! would a new wheel from Deklevic fit? my thoughts ok if not ABS?
CHERRY1
CHERRY1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Thu 10 Dec 2009, 7:47 pm

CHERRY1 wrote:Why put yourself through all the agro of fitting "bodgie" forks to the front of your bros "NEW" bike. Repair the originals (ShawnSOS) Idea
does great work and it would look better in its original configuration, no doubt better resale and handling!!!
You have to believe that Suzuki spent a lot of money, time and effort getting those Bandits just right. I LOVE the way my bike performs, and have refained from touching any suspension settings. And believe me I love to tinker.
A new wheel for the Bandit can be bought from "Delkevic" www.delkevic.com.au
Anyhow these are my thoughts?

Haha, original configuration = better handling? That is just plain ridiculous.

Suzuki spent a lot of time and effort putting crap accessories on the bikes to be able to sell them as cheaply as they do. The front and rear shocks are garbage compared to what Suzuki has bolted to other bikes in their range.

I have done the swap and the difference is off the charts.

Keep an eye on eBay and you can pick up an entire front end for less than the price of a brand new Bandit front wheel.

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  CHERRY1 Fri 11 Dec 2009, 4:02 pm

Rather than put the original headlight shroud back on, why not consider a "Givi" screen on the front?? I got mine off Just Bandits in the UK for around $200 and it bolts straight on the original headlights (no mods)
Just right for a little protection when down on the tank for those 200/ 250 kph blasts Very Happy
CHERRY1
CHERRY1

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 11 Dec 2009, 5:32 pm

Man can not live at that speed!Shocked I'm surprised anyone would even suggest it. Wink

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Sun 13 Dec 2009, 9:06 am

CHERRY1 wrote:Rather than put the original headlight shroud back on, why not consider a "Givi" screen on the front?? I got mine off Just Bandits in the UK for around $200 and it bolts straight on the original headlights (no mods)
Just right for a little protection when down on the tank for those 200/ 250 kph blasts Very Happy

I have a wholesale account with the Givi importer if I can help.

Dink

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down