Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee

5 posters

Go down

Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee Empty Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee

Post  Bhoffo Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:15 pm

Went out today for a quick ride to the Foxwood Cafe on the Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee. About 100km from my place so not far - went to meet my girlfriend there who had ridden out with her son in his car as he was on his way back to Dubbo.. She thought she'd have some more time with him so I rode out alone and brought her back on the bike.. Weather looked ok before I left but soon some clouds came over and I went through quite a few heavy showers after Lithgow - quite cold too... What a Face

About 2 k's away from the cafe I went across a section of road (straight) that was very shiny looking - the type that's had bitumen put down and the gravel is under it... as I went across it the bike had a slide... took me by suprise as I wasn't expecting anything while going in a straight line.. thinking there bust have been a bit of oil mixed in with the water/rain and puddling on that section of the road.. Question

Aside from that it was a pretty good ride - on the way home it didn't rain as much either. Use the 'Every Trail' App. on my phone again as another test and uploaded a couple of photos of my girlfriend with her son and my bike at the Cafe.. I think I have the 'App' figured out now so it will come in handy next week when I'm off for 6 days riding down to Lakes Entrance and back. Smile This is the link if anyone wants to check it out todays ride..

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1282161

Back to top Go down

Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee Empty Re: Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee

Post  Hammy Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:30 am

What a nice way to spend a sunday. How does Suzanne find the ride on the Bandit for comfort ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee Empty Re: Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:48 am

The top speed with get one of us into trouble eventially Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:16 am

Hammy wrote:What a nice way to spend a sunday. How does Suzanne find the ride on the Bandit for comfort ?

About 2 hours at the beginning of a ride is about the most she can handle before she gets fidgety... after that the duration times get a little shorter. I bought us both 'Air Hawk' cushions which have improved things.. Cool

I find that with her on the back my ride time is shorter as well as I can't move about on the seat as much as I can when on the bike alone. It always seems to happen in this colder weather too, that about 1 1/2 hrs into the ride with her on the back that I'm susceptible to a cramp in the top of my left leg (No dirty thoughts now!!) Rolling Eyes ... Normally on a country ride by myself I'll do close to a tanks worth of riding before pulling over for a stretch AND no cramps!

Yes 'Two Wheels' - the down-side of the App. Twisted Evil is the evidence it produces! Looking forward to using it on the trip next week down to Lakes Entrance though - with the uploading of the photos etc it should be a good record of the trip! sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

[quote="Bhoffo"] I'm susceptible to a cramp in the top of my left leg (No dirty thoughts now!!)

You need to come up with some sort of signal, so that Suzanne knows when to reach around and give the top of your left leg a nice rub. Embarassed Very Happy .
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:15 pm

[quote="Hammy"]
Bhoffo wrote: I'm susceptible to a cramp in the top of my left leg (No dirty thoughts now!!)

You need to come up with some sort of signal, so that Suzanne knows when to reach around and give the top of your left leg a nice rub. Embarassed Very Happy .

You know what women are like about giving (and receiving) mixed signals!!! Ha Ha.. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:38 pm

Bhoffo wrote:

I find that with her on the back my ride time is shorter as well as I can't move about on the seat as much as I can when on the bike alone.
Does she hang onto you or the pillion handle Question

All my pillions hang onto the pillion handle because they cant get their arms around me Laughing Embarassed

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:22 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Does she hang onto you or the pillion handle Question

All my pillions hang onto the pillion handle because they cant get their arms around me Laughing Embarassed

Most of the time she's not hanging on at all.. a pretty good pillion rider - sometimes even forget that she's there! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Bhoffo wrote:
Most of the time she's not hanging on at all.. a pretty good pillion rider - sometimes even forget that she's there! Shocked

Sharon is the same it gets to the point where i forget and do something that scares her a little then a get a thump in the back to remind me Smile. Now that she has her 400 I doubt that I will have her on the back for long rides at all.

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee Empty ride to foxwood cafe-castlereagh hwy between lithgow and mudgee

Post  paul Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:51 pm

Sue my wife is great on the bike & I don`t even know she`s there ( been thinking of getting one of those t shirts that say if you can read this the bitch has fallen off so people can warn me if she`s gone ! )Except for one time coming home from Phillip island :cold ; raining & blowing a gale. Sue decided it would be a good idea to wrap her scarf around the bottom of her helmet & close all the vents to keep warm thus co2ing herself to sleep . The first I knew of it was when she flopped back against the top box and made herself into a wind sock giving us some extra catchment area for the cross wind to catch & blow us around . We stopped for fuel not long after & she told me what she`d done so I made sure to give her a dig in the ribs every now & then to make sure she didn`t end up becoming a 100+ kph skid mark on the road . ( pretty hard to explain to the kids ) affraid

Last edited by paul on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed a couple of words & didn`t want to look like a dumb shit !)

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

paul wrote:Sue my wife is great on the bike & I don`t even know she`s there ( been thinking of getting one of those t shirts that say if you can read this the bitch has fallen off so people can warn me if she`s gone ! )Except for one time coming home from Phillip island :cold ; raining & blowing a gale. Sue decided it would be a good idea to wrap her scarf around the bottom of her helmet & close all the vents to keep warm thus co2ing herself to sleep . The first I knew of it was when she flopped back against the top box and made herself into a wind sock giving us some extra catchment area for the cross wind to catch & blow us around . We stopped for fuel not long after & she told me what she`d done so I made sure to give her a dig in the ribs every now & then to make sure she didn`t end up becoming a 100+ kph skid mark on the road . ( pretty hard to explain to the kids ) affraid

My girlfriend (Suzanne) says the same thing... finds it relaxing (but doesn't like to think about the speed I'm doing) - even still she will tell me later "You were doing so and so" at a particular place... Smile

Back to top Go down

Ride to Foxwood Cafe - Castlereagh Hwy between Lithgow and Mudgee Empty re ride to foxwood cafe - castlereagh hwy between lithgow & mudgee

Post  paul Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

I don`t know how they do that , but I do`nt know if I`m game enough to delve into the workings of the female mind to find out . pale I`m sure I must have a hole in my back somewhere , because she always seems to know what speed we`re doing !

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:36 pm

Its one of lifes mysterys! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum