Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REDBACK TOURERS 'ONCE BITTEN RALLY'

3 posters

Go down

REDBACK TOURERS 'ONCE BITTEN RALLY' Empty REDBACK TOURERS 'ONCE BITTEN RALLY'

Post  b12mick Mon 02 Nov 2009, 9:52 pm

The Redback Tourers are the group I ride with.

This year will be our 10th rally and as such it is a big event for us, This year it could be known as the "10 times bitten but not shy Rally"

Dates - 12th, 13th and 14th March 2010
Venue - Humula NSW (25km from Tarcutta off the Hume hwy - no dirt, unless there's roadworks)
Cost - $15

There will be food, drinks, and all ammenities available (held at a pub well duh), camping spots are really good

Gymkhana and other novelty events and a great time to be had by all

NO DOGS OR ATTITUDES (or dogs with attitudes for that matter)

The rally will be signposted from both Sydney and Melbourne ends

For more info contact

Shane Gibbs on (02)6922 5632
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

REDBACK TOURERS 'ONCE BITTEN RALLY' Empty Re: REDBACK TOURERS 'ONCE BITTEN RALLY'

Post  Cruisecontrol Wed 04 Nov 2009, 6:53 pm

I have heard you talk this up for a while now, Mick.

2010 may just be the year I found out if it is as good as you say. Very Happy
I am sure I can coerce a few mate into heading south for a ride to say hello.

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

REDBACK TOURERS 'ONCE BITTEN RALLY' Empty Re: REDBACK TOURERS 'ONCE BITTEN RALLY'

Post  b12mick Wed 04 Nov 2009, 8:03 pm

Don't take my word for it, I am slightly biased. B6Mick, you've 'spoken' with him on the BanditAlley site, reckons it's bit ok.

Some of the regulars have said they like it because it's a 'no brainer', you arrive, put up the tent/roll out the swag, head to the bar, and start drinking. Someone will let you know when the foods ready, pay the locals some money (fairly reasonable prices), pick what you want and eat, then start drinking again.

And for those who don't like the idea of roughing it, (that'd me and Mrs B12mick), there's hot showers and flushing toilets.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'll be going this year, my wife was a bit upset that I took her to the rally for her birthday, and still haven't made up the brownie points. I'll probably head up for a while on Saturday, but probably won't stay the night.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Wed 04 Nov 2009, 8:15 pm

Haha, I actually met Mick and his better half on an Aussie Streetfighters ride to Cooma (which is on again 13-15 Nov, all welcome to join us on some of the best roads in NSW).

I have done a couple of rallies and they all seem to have a similar format, but I would be interested on experiencing the roads down that way again.
I grew up in Canberra and had a Girlfriend living in Wagga, which meant my poor RZ500 saw a lot of KM's between and around the two. Twisted Evil

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 05 Nov 2009, 9:26 pm

You're right about them all having a similar format. Other than the Once Bitten, I've only been to 2 other rallies, the SR500 and the Black Night. Both seemed very similar to ours, but bigger.

I'm not really a rally goer myself, but I figure that because my club's running it, and I'm supposed to be on the organising committee (although I haven't been to a meeting yet, bloody work) I figure I'd better show up, even if it's only a day trip.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 01 Feb 2010, 11:41 am

Just bumping this as a reminder.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 02 Mar 2010, 4:23 pm

Apparently we will now have a live band on Saturday Night (local pub band - 'Care Factor Zero') and dinner will be pig on a spit.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 16 Mar 2010, 2:51 pm

Well, it's been and gone for another year.

Mrs B12mick and myself piked it and drove up on Saturday and left at about 11pm. Great night, great band, and the spit roast dinner was good value for money. $8 for lamb/ham, vegies, potatoe, gravey, mint sauce.

After a quite a few people commented on how different and good it was, we'll try and do the same thing next year.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

REDBACK TOURERS 'ONCE BITTEN RALLY' Empty Once Bitten Rally

Post  McBandit Wed 17 Mar 2010, 10:00 pm

B12mick,
Maybe we should note this down for next year and get a few Bandits to attend as it is pretty 'central' for Melb, Syd and the ACT. Maybe a warm weather rally before the end of daylight savings and a colder one eg Casper or Kosciuszko????

Cheers,
McBandit

McBandit

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 18 Mar 2010, 9:30 am

Yep, once we have confirmed the dates for next year I'll post them up. But, as a general rule it's the second weekend in March, so next year should be the 11th, 12th and 13th of March.

It'd be good to get some of you guys to the Rally. We get a few different (some very different) groups at the rally, the 'Z' owners usually show up with a few, SCUM often win highest club attendance, TVR have a few members show, and this year SCREW (I'd never heard of them before) showed up and got Highest Club attendance. We also get the occaisonal HOGie and Ulyssian show up.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down