Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Byfield ride Sat 19/02/11

3 posters

Go down

Byfield ride Sat 19/02/11 Empty Byfield ride Sat 19/02/11

Post  Saikhan Wed 23 Feb 2011, 9:00 pm

Left home at about 0930 and headed to Rockhampton (110ks) then thru to Byfield. Heading into Byfield the clouds had dropped very low and there was a slight drizzle of rain as well. The light rain was very welcome (for once) as it was bloody hot. Had lunch as usual at the Byfield cafe which has the best food just about anywhere I think. The bloke that owns the place makes nearly everything from scratch. The cheesecakes he makes there are fantastic. From there we went to the Nob Creek potters place and had a general look around, then into Yeppoon. We stopped for dinner at Marmor and made it home about 2000 hrs.
I just realised I have the wrong camera with me so only a couple of pics available atm.

Byfield ride Sat 19/02/11 Byfiel10

Byfield ride Sat 19/02/11 Byfiel11

The new led spotties were awesome on the way home in the dark. Best mod eveeer. Very Happy

I love riding at night, always have.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Byfield ride Sat 19/02/11 Empty Re: Byfield ride Sat 19/02/11

Post  gus Wed 23 Feb 2011, 10:39 pm

Byfield carnt say i know that spot, looks good. Nightime riding , the wildlife not a problem or is there a knack to it.I used to do a bit but all those
trucks .The glare of their lights gets me ,might be an age thing.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  thommo Thu 24 Feb 2011, 6:20 pm

nice area, i've been heading up to five rocks a bit of late for sand training on the DR. need to keep fit if i'm going to tackle the Canning Stock Route next year like i hope to. the byflied run on a sunday morning is a regular run for the road riders

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
thommo
thommo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum