Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over She Goes

+9
whitey1
Mars
Cameron
Saikhan
Fossil
gus
dhula
Thof
2010banditsa
13 posters

Go down

Over She Goes Empty Over She Goes

Post  2010banditsa Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:28 pm

Yeah thats right, was having a vague moment when i pulled up this evening and parked on a very slight incline and the bastard decided to have a lie down on top of the kerb- FUCK IT. Nice gouges in side of engine, bent and broken clutch lever, indicator snapped off and the pista de resistance- 1 side of the the radiator has been pushed upwards and has to be fucked. Man how annoying. Anyone got any idea how much radiators are, although i do have comprehensive insurance.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Over She Goes Empty Re: Over She Goes

Post  Thof Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:34 pm

Bugger! Sorry to hear, no idea on the parts, I do however know the queue is long and distinguished...
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:43 pm

$616 according to bikebandit,com.
Then there is frieght, tax, fitting, coolant, and sundries. Maybe still cheeper than Aus tho.

Or there is $400 excess on insurance and they pay the rest.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:52 pm

well like i said it' not only the radiator thats copped it, so prob an insurance job then..... im assuming they cover for acts of sheer stupidity.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:57 pm

Didnt i see some on e-bay (no, i didnt,wrong bike) .Wreckers maybe ?

Last edited by gus on Tue 22 Feb 2011, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossil Tue 22 Feb 2011, 2:44 am

Really sorry to hear of your bad luck, hope it's all fixed soon.

Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Tue 22 Feb 2011, 9:47 am

Arrrggh, sorry to hear this. Not many of us here that it hasn't happened to though. Good luck with the fix.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue 22 Feb 2011, 5:39 pm

Is the radiator leaking? How bad is the bend?
if its just bent it might still be fine. The radiator on my brothers bandit it bent, but works perfectly fine. Same as my SV track bike.
The one on dads honda was bent, he sent it to a radiator shop and had it fully repaired for about $100 i think.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mars Tue 22 Feb 2011, 8:03 pm

Sorry to here the bad news and Hope she gets sorted quickly.
Mars
Mars

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:13 am

I reckon if your not going the insurance route then go see your local radiator shop, they might might be able to fix it if its not too bad for a fraction of the cost of a new one
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mars Thu 24 Feb 2011, 9:10 pm

How it going 2010banditsa? Sounded like you were heading for the insurance option earlier in the week.
Mars
Mars

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Fri 25 Feb 2011, 1:28 pm

Yeah i appreciate everyone's responses, thanks...... not done much actually, been busy working.... need to take off the rad guard and have a proper look and evaluate. I dont really wanna claim, but i dont want my new shiny bike to be scratched and fucked up either. It's actually not leaking from the radiator even though its bent right up. Also on go slow a bit cos im going on holidays for 3 weeks on Wed next week, so not going to be able to get fixed before then anyway unfortunately as i'm away.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Over She Goes Empty over she goes

Post  k nine Sun 27 Feb 2011, 5:19 pm

It is not good to hear of your misshap, but from what I have read here you are not the first. I would like to share with you what happened to my new bandit when it suffered from " side stand syndrome " ( 250klm on the clock). The frist weekend after picking up my new Bandit the ' better half ' and I went for a ride to Jindabyne. When we reached Comma we decided to stop at Mac's and we parked in a spot where have parked previously in the car park next to the drive thtough. The car park has a very slight downhill incline but I have parked there before without problem, not this time. Whilst I was looking to find out if the bolt I found on the ground had come from my bike it decided to roll foward off the side stand, in the process it hit my wife in the hip and speared her in to the flower garden that is beside the drive through with her coming to rest just under the speaker where you place your order. Now the funny bit, a gentleman had just finished placing his order when my wife came to rest and in supprise she loudly uttered words that I did not understand but may have come from her sailing days. This resulted in the young girl taking to orders to say over the intercom " I BEG YOUR PARDON " a very embarrased gentleman then had to try and explaine that it was not him but a person who had just fallen over in the garden. A couple of days later I was brave enough to have a good laugh about this. The bike received a gouge in the end of the engine case that showed up because the 2010 model has a black engine. The repair was to use some high temp semi gloss engine enemal to cover up the marks.
k nine
k nine

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 27 Feb 2011, 5:28 pm

Thats a good one. :lol!

There was a time when steering locks (for the young ones ) were a seperate lock on the head stock. I locked my bike up one day in busy
Dandenong .On return start bike, steering pointing exactly right direction ,release clutch ,time to turn right, SPLAT !
Then i had to pick bike up,take key out of ignition and undo steering lock in front of laughing onlookers. Embarassed
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Over She Goes Empty Your viewpoint sort

Post  1952 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 8:28 pm

https://2img.net/h/i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz165/rj1952/RadGuardandOggyKnobbs3.jpg

Hope the pain of the bike falling over has eased enough so that this query doesn't offend!
As the only person on the Board who has recently detailed a stationary fall of a Bandit I would value your opinion as to whether you think that a set of Oggy Knobs would have largely protected your bike from damage; made a minor difference; or not really altered the outcome at all.
I am not having a go at you.
I know there are some seemingly well thought out concerns re. the Oggy Knobs expressed on this Board and I went ahead and finally installed the set I had purchased back in April last year with a degree of trepidation, and the sincerest hope that in a fall off the stand they would make a heap of difference to the damage done. But you may well reflect a different opinion.
For what it is worth I think you should bite the bullet, pay the excess and get a proper and thorough insurance repair done so that you will once again have a sense of pride and confidence every time you throw a leg over the saddle, rather than dissappointment and a nagging doubt re. possible radiator troubles. (My personal opinion only - that's why I have insurance.)

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:18 pm

Thank you for your sympathy all... the pain has eased a bit and has been helped by the fact i leave for a 3 week holiday in Thailand in 1 days time.
1952- yes, looking at the pic i think that the damage to the radiator might have been avoided with the knob. The damage was caused when the bottom of the radiator sat on the top of the kerb, but the bars had not touched ground yet i.e. bike still falling, so pushed it up (dont know if it makes sense). Perhaps bit less damage to crank case, but imagine lever would still be fucked. If it hit flat ground would probably have been alright or at least better. I'm going to get it done on insurance when i get back.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Sat 26 Mar 2011, 10:24 pm

Man i must be out of touch with costs of shit these days.... took in the bike for a quote for the insurance and it came in at .... wait for it..... $2300. Fukn hell, i would have fallen over except last time i let something fall it cost me $2300.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 27 Mar 2011, 8:34 am

My partner had a SV650 which got written off. The insurance would have got another one but the way the riadiator stuck out so far we saw
trouble waiting to happen .Bought a Bonnie. instead, they crash very well .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 27 Mar 2011, 1:08 pm

Gus - (mauled by dhula) wrote:Buy a Bonnie. they crash very well

Wonder if Triumph will take on this advertising campaign :-)

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 27 Mar 2011, 2:40 pm

What are those ?nice and small , I'd be painting the bracket black ,but thats just me.

Last edited by gus on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 27 Mar 2011, 2:58 pm

Narcolepsy wrote:Seeing as I have an FA, I can't put on those knobs. What I ended up finding was these:

Over She Goes Engine10
Where did they come from? I have another use for knobs there Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A