Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

calling all fellow mexican banditos

+2
2wheelsagain
rickbandit
6 posters

Go down

calling all fellow mexican banditos Empty calling all fellow mexican banditos

Post  rickbandit Sun 11 Oct 2009, 3:59 pm

righto guys any suggestions for a ride date,place and no,s i,ll go first i,m in and what about omeo as the bogong plains road from falls creek to omeo is now sealed and should be a hoot.back over hotham to bright . justa suggestion to get the ball rolling. Twisted Evil
rickbandit
rickbandit

Back to top Go down

calling all fellow mexican banditos Empty Re: calling all fellow mexican banditos

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 11 Oct 2009, 8:27 pm

rickbandit wrote:righto guys any suggestions for a ride date,place and no,s i,ll go first i,m in and what about omeo as the bogong plains road from falls creek to omeo is now sealed and should be a hoot.back over hotham to bright . justa suggestion to get the ball rolling. Twisted Evil

That road is breaking up pretty bad mate. Was sealed over a very damp base and its lifting in sections........
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

calling all fellow mexican banditos Empty Re: calling all fellow mexican banditos

Post  b12mick Sun 11 Oct 2009, 9:23 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
rickbandit wrote:righto guys any suggestions for a ride date,place and no,s i,ll go first i,m in and what about omeo as the bogong plains road from falls creek to omeo is now sealed and should be a hoot.back over hotham to bright . justa suggestion to get the ball rolling. Twisted Evil

That road is breaking up pretty bad mate. Was sealed over a very damp base and its lifting in sections........

They must have contracted the NSW RTA to do the work.....
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

calling all fellow mexican banditos Empty bogong plains road

Post  rickbandit Mon 12 Oct 2009, 4:22 pm

shit already? that must have been before the snow season which i heard on radio today road is closed till end of october because of snow hate to see condition of it then What a Face anyway was just a thought,open to other suggestions for a ride.cheers rick
rickbandit
rickbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisbandit Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:47 pm

I have just returned from a 1700k trip around the alpine region, by far the worst road is the newly UNSEALED road form Omeo to Falls Creek which is more like a gravel road, it would have to improve a whole lot before I ever travel that one again.
chrisbandit
chrisbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:50 pm

Have a good ride though chris?

Im hanging out for my annual alpine 4-dayer in feb. Will be my first time on the bandit, cant wait

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisbandit Sun 08 Nov 2009, 8:52 pm

Spence wrote:Have a good ride though chris?

Im hanging out for my annual alpine 4-dayer in feb. Will be my first time on the bandit, cant wait

It was sensational Spence, we headed off last Saturday morning, Yarra Valley, Gippsland, stopped in Maffra to check out the auto museum then spent the night in Bairnsdale. Next day straight up the great alpine road, Omeo to Falls Creek then onto Mt Beuaty where we stayed for the rest of the week. From there we did day rides, Hume Weir, Mt Buffalo, Lake Buffalo, Mt Hotham, we went the other way back, Whitfield, Tolmie, Mansfield, Alexandra, Healesville then home, the Bandit performed perfectly.
chrisbandit
chrisbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 08 Nov 2009, 8:55 pm

good to hear. I cant wait to put some proper miles on her

Admin

Back to top Go down

calling all fellow mexican banditos Empty bogong road

Post  rickbandit Tue 10 Nov 2009, 3:21 pm

great to hear your trip up here was good and thanks for the heads up on the falls omeo road? will scratch that one off the list,prob would have been kicking the lycra brigade tools out of the way on it anyway. Very Happy rick.
rickbandit
rickbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 10 Nov 2009, 4:52 pm

chrisbandit wrote:last Saturday morning, Yarra Valley, Gippsland, stopped in Maffra to check out the auto museum then spent the night in Bairnsdale.

Why didnt you call??? Number's in my sig (should be) I could have ridden part of the way with you. Hope you did the Bengworden Rd to Bairnsdale Very Happy

For anyone else riding through this way give me a yell. May not always be able to make it but I'm not opposed to showing people my riding patch Idea

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisbandit Tue 10 Nov 2009, 5:53 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
chrisbandit wrote:last Saturday morning, Yarra Valley, Gippsland, stopped in Maffra to check out the auto museum then spent the night in Bairnsdale.

Why didnt you call??? Number's in my sig (should be) I could have ridden part of the way with you. Hope you did the Bengworden Rd to Bairnsdale Very Happy

For anyone else riding through this way give me a yell. May not always be able to make it but I'm not opposed to showing people my riding patch Idea

We had intentions of going that way, but the fast option route to the pub won over. Thanks for the offer, will give you a call next time we are down your way, cheers, Chris.
chrisbandit
chrisbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  tj1 Tue 10 Nov 2009, 9:27 pm

Great trip Chris, had a similar trip planned this year that got cancelled unexpectedly, was going to stay in Bright and do trips from there.
Would like to see some ride pics if you have any?
tj1
tj1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down