Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat again.

2 posters

Go down

Seat again. Empty Seat again.

Post  gus Wed 26 Jan 2011, 1:09 pm

When i first got the Bandit i played around with the seat like everybody else. Felt the seat sloped forward so lifted to high position.
Ended up with a gap between tank and seat ,couldn't handle that look. Ended up with blocks on low but steel bracket on High.
Pretty happy with that but on a 900 kl day still thought it sloped forward a bit.Stinking hot so that didn't help.
Noticed with the position i had you could lift the front of the seat by about 10mm. The play is where the little tongue fit into the slot. When you
lift the seat 10mm there is no gap between seat and tank.
Fitted an 8mm piece of rubber on top of the front bungs to lift the seat .8mm doesnt sound much and buy the time it squishes down its
probably only 5mm. That distance for me made all the differance (it feels more than 5mm ) Realise everyone is different body shape
but if carnt get that seat right might be worth a go. Put in a pic because hard to explain in words.
Realise this isnt really a mechanical post but didn't want to post it over a topic still being discussed.
If anyone still reading were looking at position of bracket on right and small piece of rubber on left .(rear bungs on low ) Phew ,sounds complicated.
Seat again. IMG_1336
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Seat again. Empty Re: Seat again.

Post  Thof Thu 27 Jan 2011, 7:00 pm

Gus, I'm of the opinion the seat on the FA is $h1thouse, the rest I'm really happy with, lambswool seatcover somewhat better, but I'm needing to go back through this forum on suitable seats such as gel or "memory" foam etc. Current seat height for me at 5 foot 10 is fine. The actual shape of the seat is okay with the misses, daughter and number one son saying pillon seat is fine. Buggered if I know...
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 27 Jan 2011, 7:40 pm

The best seat on a bike i had was a Suzuki Gs1000 EC .Had a king and queen seat standard ,looked good and comfortable.
That was over 30 years ago. Thought with a adjustable seat i would be right but still need an Air Hawk on a long trip.
30 years to improve it ,too hard.? Razz Razz Sorry about that.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down