Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clamp bolts

3 posters

Go down

Clamp bolts Empty Clamp bolts

Post  gus Fri 14 Jan 2011, 12:38 pm

Had a bike fall over a month or so ago when the side stand pushed through some asphalt .It fell onto a concrete slab with a hell
of a crash. Broken blinker, scuffed bar end weight , scuff on edge of muffler,not too bad considering the noise. Replaced blinker
and forgot about it .A week later on a straight bit of road looking at the 4 bolts that hold the handle bars on they seemed
to be on a very slight angle to the tank, or was i imagining it ? Thought i was talking myself into it, bike felt fine.
Got sick of staring at it so up on centre stand, large can of paint under headers gets front wheel just of the ground.
While loosening the bolts on the triple trees there was an alarming "CRACK " as the pressure was realised on the forks,
allowing then to rotate back into place .The fall had twisted them in the clamps .Buttoned back up every thing lined up perfectly,happy.
Might be worth checking if your bike has fallen over on to bar end weight .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Clamp bolts Empty Re: Clamp bolts

Post  dhula Fri 14 Jan 2011, 2:54 pm

Good advice. If your bike ever falls over, even in the driveway, one of the first things you should do is realign your forks/head/tripples and make sure all is well. It only takes a small knock to put them out.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 14 Jan 2011, 3:33 pm

With my DRZ I just knock the front wheel against something solid Smile normally fixes it.

Haven't needed to do it to a road bike yet (touches wood). I too have had my bike sink into hot mix. When in doubt lift the Bandit up on the centre stand. It'll only go as far as having both tyres on the deck, but the centre stand will anchor the bike. I've done this in soft sand before and it worked brilliantly.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum