Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie needs advice

+3
2wheelsagain
dhula
aussie
7 posters

Go down

Newbie needs advice Empty Newbie needs advice

Post  aussie Fri 07 Jan 2011, 12:10 am

G'day

Just bought a new 1255S. Normal rides have been R1100/1150RT's. I would appreciate some advice. The wife and I just completed our first 400Km ride and need advice on 2 issues;
Not used with the exposed exhaust and on the right side of the bike the wife gave herself a very nasty burn on the ankle. Can you get a guard to cover the pipe?

She finds the pillion rests slightly too high and too far back. Can you get a kit to lower and move the pegs - after market or from another model?

Any other suggestions to improve comfort or general mods would be appreciated.

Enjoy riding the Bandit and will soon be able to use more of the performance after the first service next week.

On my brief read through the sections of this forum I am going to find it interesting and informative.

cheers

george

aussie

Back to top Go down

Newbie needs advice Empty Re: Newbie needs advice

Post  dhula Fri 07 Jan 2011, 1:04 am

G'day George and welcome to the forum.

I've not seen a guard for the pipe, most bandit owners remove it and install something a little smaller/lighter and sporty.
The stock pipe can be quite a heat sink (ie: get friggin hot) and in my case changing from that to what I have now was a big big improvement in terms of heat retention. I went form not being able to touch the standard pipe and worrying about my pillions legs and melting souls of boots to being able to touch the pipe after a ride (still hot, but not BBQ plate hot). TBH this was one of my main reasons to change from the cannon to the pipe I have now.

With the foot pegs, there are kits out there to lower and move the pillion foot rests. Have a search around the interweb and you should find some. Here is one I found, I'm sure there are others

Cheers

Last edited by dhula on Fri 07 Jan 2011, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing words)

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 07 Jan 2011, 7:45 am

The stock pipe stays hot for hours after shut down. Change it and problem solved.
Cant see how the burn happened if feet were on the pegs though unless mounting from the wrong side perhaps?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 07 Jan 2011, 8:41 am

Welcome aussie. the best way fix your problems is the same way as a couple blokes on here have.................... get the wife her own bike lol!
A new slip on pipe in carbon fibre is cooler to touch (still hot).

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Fri 07 Jan 2011, 12:31 pm

Reardo wrote:Welcome aussie. the best way fix your problems is the same way as a couple blokes on here have.................... get the wife her own bike lol!

Best thing I ever did was kick my wife of the back and made her get her own licence and bike.

The truth is she was the one that suggested she get her own bike, but I didn't argue.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  step_andy Mon 10 Jan 2011, 2:23 pm

b12mick wrote:
Reardo wrote:Welcome aussie. the best way fix your problems is the same way as a couple blokes on here have.................... get the wife her own bike lol!

Best thing I ever did was kick my wife of the back and made her get her own licence and bike.

The truth is she was the one that suggested she get her own bike, but I didn't argue.
Ditto here, wife got a licence, started on an Intruder and has a Boulevard.

PS, on my first ride whilst the Bandit had a cannon, my son was on a pillion and half way home, he fell a sleep and burnt his leg on the exhaust.

step_andy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Tue 11 Jan 2011, 10:12 am

Regarding the hot exhaust, I have a Yoshi R77 stainless on mine and after a ride I can still touch it. It is hot but you wont burn your hand on it unlike the original cannon which you couldn't touch at all for quite a while after.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 11 Jan 2011, 2:14 pm

step_andy wrote:
b12mick wrote:

Ditto here, wife got a licence, started on an Intruder and has a Boulevard.

PS, on my first ride whilst the Bandit had a cannon, my son was on a pillion and half way home, he fell a sleep and burnt his leg on the exhaust.

There you go, my son falls asleep on the back of the Bandit all the time and has never burnt his leg on the exhaust.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down