Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thats got me interested.

3 posters

Go down

Thats got me interested. Empty Thats got me interested.

Post  gus Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:26 pm

New member NZer11 spoke of someone that could download a program into the bikes computer With out the use of a power commander.
Without wanting to restart a certain topic i have never heard of this .I know certain bikes have different maps ,but a bandit ?
Nzer11 are you there or can anyone else set me straight ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Thats got me interested. Empty Re: Thats got me interested.

Post  NZer11 Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:47 pm

Hi Gus, I'm not sure if I can be much help as it was a little while ago when I had it done and I'm not use to all this fuel injection stuff as all of my bikes till now have been non FI. I will try and drop in and see him tomorrow (providing he is not on holiday) and find out more. The name of the software etc.
Where are you based? If you are in Sydney Hills district I could put you in touch with him. Any way I'll see if he will show me how the software works and find out if this is widely available or not. It definitely is not as good as a power commander and a dyno but he felt he could get it quite close.

NZer11

Back to top Go down

Post  NZer11 Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:03 pm

From your post Gus I got the impression that you think it is software that is downloaded into the bike computer. I believe it allowed you to crack into the software to make the adjustments - hopefully I'll find out more tomorrow.

NZer11

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:07 pm

My Aprilia can take different "chips" .Bandit i dont think so?

Not sure what i think , apart from confused . Question
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  NZer11 Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:14 pm

I think he mentioned there was limited adjustment available like 20% but don't quote me on all of this as I am not up to speed with all of it yet and he was short on time to explain.

NZer11

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:15 pm

A lot of Suzuki Fi ECU's have a certain amount of adjust-ability built in, but you must have the right hardware/software to do so.
Yoshie box
Biketech Fi tuner
Teka tuner
are some of the more well known hardware/software options around the place that are designed to change fueling within the ECU's inbuilt ranges and do not stay connected to the bike. They also do not interfere with or disable any of the ECU functions such as O2 and the like. They are not cheep but do what they say they do.
Most Suzuki shops will have the yoshie box from my experience.
There are also several different suppliers around the place and prices may vary depending on who you buy it from.

There is also a lot of plug in/add on boxes such as PC, Juice box and the like (Healtech have an interesting one that appears to keep the stock O2 sensor in play) and then there is ECU flashing that requires certain software/hardware to do so and requires a pretty good understanding of all the different maps on the ECU and what they do/control

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:49 pm

If you put you bike into a Suzuki dealer for a tune, is this what they would do. Or is it a seperate operation ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 07 Jan 2011, 12:52 am

From my limited experience of dealers locally, if you ask for a tune on the later model Fi bikes it will consist of the basics like
TB sync
Spark plug regap/change
Air filter clean/change
and that is about it.
If you want anything more done you should ask for it.

If you are going to ask for more to be done like using one of the tools above to change/alter the fuel settings, ask for the dealer to write down what they have set everything to so that if you want more changes made the next guy knows the starting point, and what tool they used to do it as some do it differently to others (for example the yoshie box does things differently to the biketech gear).

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  NZer11 Fri 07 Jan 2011, 12:10 pm

I found out a little more about the system which was used to tune the fueling on my bike. Again the information is a little limited as the guy who did it for me is still on annual leave. They used Biketech which is one of the systems dhula listed.
They mentioned the yoshi system is limited to 5 or 10% adjustment increments only where as biketech you have finer adjustment up to 30% and therefore the better system. They said that this can be used in conjunction with a dyno or through road testing. If you have a good operator road testing can be very good because it's real world and with true airflow etc.
Dhula was right about the options available - I could not find out about what's available out your way Gus you may just have to ask a lot of questions to find out who may help you if you are considering going down this path. I was very happy with the outcome for my bike.

NZer11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum