Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

got a nastygram from a neighbour

+7
reddog
gus
Reardo
holdenman
2010banditsa
boomer
Ironman
11 posters

Go down

got a nastygram from a neighbour Empty got a nastygram from a neighbour

Post  Ironman Wed 05 Jan 2011, 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I got an anonymous typed letter from "a neighbour" complaining about the noise from my bike today.
I start it at 3.30am every weekday to go to work. My original muffler was wrecked in a rear end collision so I had a TBR muff fitted to replace it. I ended up selling it off as I thought it was too loud (thinking of my neighbours - yep no joke!). I bought a Delkevic which has a dB killer you can fit.
The killer hasn't been fitted yet as the sound is much better to me but now obviously my neighbours don't agree.
Last thing I want is to piss off people who live around me but I reckon its pretty gutless of the author for the letter to not to say who its from. The dB killer has now been fitted but I'm unsure if its quiet enough to appease the cage driving masses who live around me. (I have spoken to one neighbour who said that they hardly hear me and anyhow they understand bikes and louder noises go together. So they are pretty cool about it.)

I do have a standard muffler sitting somewhere (from my 1250) but it bloody huge and I don't like it.

LOL they even suggested in the letter that I should buy a quiet bike or a car!!!!

Seriously what can the neighbours do if the "noise" (read: "music") is still not to their liking?

Cheers.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

got a nastygram from a neighbour Empty Re: got a nastygram from a neighbour

Post  boomer Wed 05 Jan 2011, 3:28 pm

tricky situation.

not sure how it works up in QLD, but in NSW if they lodge a complaint with the EPA then you have to pay to get your bike checked.
even if you pass, if they lodge another complaint you have to go through the whole procedure again, including the cost.

do some research as to your local laws, & good luck!

or, find out who it was, & leave a horses head in their bedroom.......

FarRider #412

got a nastygram from a neighbour Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Wed 05 Jan 2011, 3:31 pm

i had several of these type of anonymous letters several years ago, although the funniest thing for me was that it wasnt even my bike making the noise. I parked my bike quite visibly on the front veranda and the noisy neighbor under a tarp down the side of the house. After the 3rd shitty letter from a "concerned resident", i spoke to the "guilty" neighbor who didnt give a shit so i posted a sign in my front yard saying Concerned resident- why dont you get off your arse and have a look at the bike that is actually making the noise you fool" i never heard anything again.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Wed 05 Jan 2011, 3:33 pm

I have been lucky with neighbours. I have a micron without db killer . i usually leave for work before the sun comes up but i always try and take it slowly till the first intersection and then im off, dont care after that

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Wed 05 Jan 2011, 5:00 pm

My neighbours are good. but if i had your neighbour, i'd swap bikes with one of my mates for a week (Harley's) Twisted Evil Very loud lol!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 05 Jan 2011, 5:32 pm

Any chance off pushing or rolling it down the road before you start it? A pain i know.Or tell him your thinking of renting your house to the local
Kiwi rugby side as their bonding quarters.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 05 Jan 2011, 5:47 pm

It's a possibility but then a letter would probably come from the other end of the street next time. LOL!
I have fitted the baffle / dB killer and went for a short ride around the area. If I short shift and avoid the hills in the immediate area I reckon I can slip away almost undetected. I reckon its actually comparable to the standard item - just a bit deeper. Keep the revs below 4000rpm and everything is just fine. There is another trick. Those of you who know the Delkevic baffle this will make sense to you.
Step 1. Drill the tube with holes in a similar manner to the inside of your sports muffler but leave the end cap solid.
Step 2. Fill the inside of the now perforated tube with steel wool or 'glass muffler packing
Step 3. Weld the open end of the tube closed so the material doesn't blow out.
The tube now becomes an additional sound deadening medium.

Reckon this would work?

Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 05 Jan 2011, 11:48 pm

Fuck the neighbour... suggest they wear ear plugs. The bandit is in no way loud even with a full arrow system. Trust me I have one with a Titanium Yoshi without the DB insert and it is in no way loud.

Put a sign up saying "the anonymous person who doe snot like the noise of my bike should come and talk to me directly". They probably own a Harley or a V8 with straight through pipes.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 06 Jan 2011, 1:21 am

Tell the weak gutted scrote to come and speak with you directly.
Find out what his/her problem is and then try to find a mutual fix by meeting half way.
You have no need to push your bike out the drive and down the street to appease any fusker.

You could always do what I did when I had something like this happen and mrs "concerned resident" wouldn't budge an inch so I thought it appropriate to see how much of an echo there was between houses in the street I lived in, especially at the odd hours I'd leave/come home

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:39 am

boomer wrote:tricky situation.

not sure how it works up in QLD, but in NSW if they lodge a complaint with the EPA then you have to pay to get your bike checked.
even if you pass, if they lodge another complaint you have to go through the whole procedure again, including the cost.

do some research as to your local laws, & good luck!

or, find out who it was, & leave a horses head in their bedroom.......

Thats how it works in Vic too and even if you pass they can still complain and make life hell for you.
Attempt to find out who it is. Better to deal direct. But in any case it doesnt take much noise to seem loud at that hour so you're semi obligated to keep it down as much as you can.
Can you start the bike facing the otherway? Dont start against a steel fence/garage wall etc.

Taking the "stuff them" advice from others in this thread will only cause grief for you.

Meanwhile I'm off to annoy the neighbours dog while I suit up Laughing Razz

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 06 Jan 2011, 9:38 am

I would get notes pinned on my shop front door.Things like, I no wat yuor up to and ime watching you. (no idea what that was about)

Have to agree with who it was that said the Bandit is a quiet bike.Even without ANY pipe its not excessively loud.
If your leaving at 3.30 every morning i reckon he has "trained" himself to wake up at 3.28 .A bit like me when i sleep in a room with someone
that snores ,i lie awake WAITING for them to start.May be stagger your times a little bit .With a bit of luck it will all calm down ,which is what
you want ,aggravate him (i know its tempting) it will go on and on
If you leave one morning at 3.10 you might just sneak by.He will wake up at 3.28 and stay awake ALL morning waiting for you.Sound appealing?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 06 Jan 2011, 9:58 am

Neighbours can be a pain.

I had a neighbour complian about my wifes Ducati once, then I pointed out that it wasn't as annoying as his teenage sons drums at night. He appologised, I appologised and nothing more was said.

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Thu 06 Jan 2011, 10:01 am

Yeah I reckon bloody barking dogs are way worse than a noisy bike. Evil or Very Mad
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 06 Jan 2011, 12:25 pm

whitey1 wrote:Yeah I reckon bloody barking dogs are way worse than a noisy bike. Evil or Very Mad

and if it's your own dog it's worse......
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 06 Jan 2011, 12:30 pm

double post, now that's annoying
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content