Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSBK FEB11

+3
Saikhan
gus
Ewok1958
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WSBK FEB11 - Page 2 Empty WSBK FEB11

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 13 Dec 2010, 6:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone (apart from me) going down to WSBK in February?

http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/superbikes/

I'm going with a few work colleagues from Fri-Sun (riding down Thu and back Mon).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

WSBK FEB11 - Page 2 Empty Re: WSBK FEB11

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 8:28 pm

Back home at 5.30 pm'ish today. What a great ride. We did 1,850kms, mostly over Wed, Thu and today (Mon), including about 120 kms round the Island to check out the sights and tourist attractions. The Bandit performed faultlessly, averaging 5.3 litres/100kms over that distance. With that average, tank range would be about 360kms, which I reckon is great for a 1,250cc machine. Main problems with the three of us were:
- exploding beers in the bag (thankfully the clothes were separately wrapped but the bag had to be rinsed out)
- mate with SV650 - his battery appears to be on the way out and his bike wouldn't start on Thu and Mon morning
- wet Sun morning meant plenty of mud at the circuit

Overall, can't complain. The weather was fantastic with only rain Sat night (but which had cleared by 10.00am on Sun morning when we left for the track). Coming back, we went through low cloud over the Strezlecki's at before and after Mirboo North so we put on the wet weather gear but didn't need it after Traralgon.

I'd never been to the Island and enjoyed ever bit of it. The historic racing was a highlight with the Vincent winning all three races. And of course, WSBK produced some good highlights, particularly the second race with Biaggi and Milandri swapping positions on several consecutive laps.

Will I go again next year - you bet!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2