Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride with a differance

3 posters

Go down

Ride with a differance Empty Ride with a differance

Post  gus Sun 12 Dec 2010, 1:12 pm

You get good rides, you get bad rides ,this is a true story of a bad one.

Many moons ago when CB750 honda ruled the planet we did a trip from Melbourne to Terrigal n.s w.Four bikes and one car with driver
and co-pilot.On the way up we were stopped 5 times by the police ,handle bars too high,exhaust too loud and any other excuse
to make our trip unpleasant.Told to get out of Wollongong twice ,once because WE owned the bikes.Told to leave N.S.W because
well just because.This is the time of Easy Rider and every motorcyclist was obviously just evil.
Undeterred ,we would wait half an hour ,and then continue north ,just hopping not to run into the same policeman.
The weather had been quite bad so when we found a dilapidated house to camp in on arrival in Terrigal things were looking good.
Swimming,fishing,beer,crashing ,a fire place ,no rent,new years eve at the Cross ,what more could a young guy want!
After a week its time to head home ,uneventfully,until we reach Lakes Entrance.Camp was set up, more like a sleeping bag on a patch
of wet ground by a lake(obviously)Dusk fell and i decided its beer time,on the bike, up to the local .While downing a cold one
i got into a conversation with a local bloke who introduced himself as John.He seemed friendly enough and took an interest the trip we were on.
He asked where we were staying and kindly offered a farmhouse he didn't use.Only problem was ,it was 10ks out of town.Sick of getting wet
this was an offer to good to refuse,so it was we'll follow you.
On arrival in the middle of nowhere he quickly said "there you go" and was gone.Something did not feel right here.Three of us said lets leave
(myself included) and three said "its dry,lets stay".Stay was decided on.We hid the money we had in the car (i know,that clever)
The house (better term being shack)had outside cladding but none on the inside ,all the windows had newspaper stuck all over them so seeing
in or out even in the daytime would have been impossible and this was late at night.With no neighbours for miles i had a bad feeling
about John.
Inside the shack two old torn couches some old mattress on the floor and ropes hanging down from what was left of the roof.No internal doors
filthy timber floor.THIS place was not making me feel any better.To ease our minds we barricaded the front door with the couches and bed down
for the night on the floor.I can remember lying there ,pitch black,eyes wide open thinking this could be a big mistake.
I don't know how i managed to fall asleep ,but sleep i did until approximately 3 o'clock
The front door was being smashed in.Terrified the six of just sat up in the dark,footsteps across the timber floor towards us ,light gets turned on.
We're looking at someone standing over us pointing a double barrel SHOTGUN at us.There's been some shootings going on ,there been some shootings
going on,was all he was saying.To look down a double barrel shot gun from one metre is not pleasant.
He searched us for weapons and then asked who said we could stay there.I told him John and gave him a brief description.His reply was AH Craig
Someone had been shooting his cattle.Our marching orders were given and six people gladly accepted, even if it was 3.30 in the morning
Lakes Entrance, nice spot just don't trust anybody you meet who introduces himself by the name of John.

Comments Please.

gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Ride with a differance Empty Re: Ride with a differance

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 13 Dec 2010, 6:45 pm

Getting too close to Blair Witch for my liking - in the old days you could have sold that to Crawford Productions and it would have been a Division 4 episode.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 13 Dec 2010, 7:08 pm

At last a comment,it took one finger two hours to type that .Much happier now . Very Happy Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 13 Dec 2010, 8:11 pm

There's a book or movie there I think.
Lakes Entrence is a much different place now.
$500,000 will buy you a run dwn 2br weatherboard place.
Appartments from one end to the other.
The Central Hotel has been cleaned up.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A