Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G’day from Desert Bandito

+10
Four40
dhula
Big Al
Dekenai
gus
2wheelsagain
Reardo
potatomasher
Saikhan
Desert Bandito
14 posters

Go down

G’day from Desert Bandito Empty G’day from Desert Bandito

Post  Desert Bandito Sun 12 Dec 2010, 3:52 am

G’day from Desert Bandito

Hi all, my name is Scott and I hail from the high desert of Lancaster California in the US.

I found this website while on another website where I saw a post by dhula, who is a member of this site, and who I also know from two other website that he and I also are members over in the states, Maximum-Suzuki and Two Wheeled Texans, so I thought I would drop in and say high to everyone and check out what you guys do to your Bandits down under.

I ride a totally customized 07 Candy Sonoma Red Suzuki Bandit 1250S and also
Operate a custom motorcycle parts business, www.metrickmetal.com that specializes
in custom, one of a kind parts for the Bandit 1250’s and GSX650F's, which is run solely by me.

So I’ll be starting to read some of the threads on the board and will be looking forward to
Sharing tips and info on the 1250’s with you all as also picking up info and tips from you guys.

Can anyone tell me why my signature is not showing up?

Scott Wink

Desert Bandito

http://metrickmetal@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

G’day from Desert Bandito Empty Re: G’day from Desert Bandito

Post  Saikhan Sun 12 Dec 2010, 4:46 am

Welcome Scott, good to have you here.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sun 12 Dec 2010, 6:19 am

hello there

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sun 12 Dec 2010, 6:55 am

Welcome to the froum scott

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 12 Dec 2010, 7:24 am

G'day Scot. Welcome to this forum where we're all friendly and happy to debate. Unlike max-suz where I got booted from Smile

Anyway pull up a perch and crack a can!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Bandito Sun 12 Dec 2010, 7:31 am

2wheelsagain wrote:G'day Scot. Welcome to this forum where we're all friendly and happy to debate. Unlike max-suz where I got booted from Smile

Anyway pull up a perch and crack a can!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Smile

Ya, Griff at Max-Suz can be pretty anal at times. Laughing

I just got done powder coating some new parts, and am taking a beer & whiskey break then, they get installed
latter today. I will be posting up some pictures of some great riding places I have here in California. Wink

Custom 07 Candy Sonoma Red Bandit 1250S with MetrickMetal PAIR/EVAP system removal kit, custom Super Trapp exhaust and lots of other custom MetrickMetal billet parts and mods. Holeshot Performance stage II with secondaries removed, Race Tech Gold valves, springs and custom Works Performance shock.
IBA #18470

Desert Bandito

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 12 Dec 2010, 7:48 am

Hi Scott.

Your well known to most of us hear (as is that immaculate bandit ) I think you told me how to polish my wheels.
Also think you win best garage comp .How about a photo,or has it grown into an industrial shed?
Good to have you along ,maybe you can teach some members here, what polish actually does. Smile
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sun 12 Dec 2010, 8:35 am

Desert Bandito wrote:

Ya, Griff at Max-Suz can be pretty anal at times. Laughing

Nah, that's just normal in a BMW rider, Wink

Anyway, you found our hideout... we just gotta figure how we can reduce shipping costs on your stuff!

As they say in California "nuestra casa es su casa."

Regards Peter

Last edited by Dekenai on Sun 12 Dec 2010, 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Sun 12 Dec 2010, 8:54 am

Gday welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 12 Dec 2010, 2:56 pm

g'day scott 'n welcome.

Sure you aint stalking me or sumthing :-)

enjoy the banter but don't take it too seriously, we aussies are a bit different (in more ways than one)

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Bandito Sun 12 Dec 2010, 3:09 pm

dhula wrote:g'day scott 'n welcome.

Sure you aint stalking me or sumthing :-)

enjoy the banter but don't take it too seriously, we aussies are a bit different (in more ways than one)

Hi dhula.

Good to here from you, and I'm sure I'll fit in here with you all. Wink

Custom 07 Candy Sonoma Red Bandit 1250S with MetrickMetal PAIR/EVAP system removal kit, custom Super Trapp exhaust and lots of other custom MetrickMetal billet parts and mods. Holeshot Performance stage II with secondaries removed, Race Tech Gold valves, springs and custom Works Performance shock.
IBA #18470

Desert Bandito

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Sun 12 Dec 2010, 5:57 pm

Welcome. Good to see a world wide feel in this place.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Sun 12 Dec 2010, 7:05 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:G'day Scot. Welcome to this forum where we're all friendly and happy to debate. Unlike max-suz where I got booted from Smile

Let it go man, let it go. Laughing

Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sun 12 Dec 2010, 8:17 pm

G'day Welcome and as its that time of year Merry Christmas.
loved your pics in the other post, keep a look out for my pics of the Oxley Hwy I hope to do this week.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 12 Dec 2010, 9:32 pm

Saikhan wrote:

Let it go man, let it go. Laughing

I have mate Laughing They're pretty thin skinned sometimes.
I dont hate them. My GF/Partner is a septic Wink

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Bandito Mon 13 Dec 2010, 12:04 am

Baz wrote:G'day Welcome and as its that time of year Merry Christmas.
loved your pics in the other post, keep a look out for my pics of the Oxley Hwy I hope to do this week.

Merry Christmas to you to Baz.

I have a lot more travel pics I'll be posting up, and I'll be riding out through the desert today on a 50 mile ride out around the back of Edwards Air Force Base, which if you follow military aircraft you will know about to Domingo's Mexican restaurant out in Boron CA for their awesome all you can eat Sunday Brunch, and from there I'll ride up Hwy 395 to a small Brewery that sells some great beers, where you can sit outside at tables and gaze out across the beautiful desert landscape, and one of my favorites is their great tasting 10.9% Lobotomy Bock. http://www.mojavered.com/Beers.aspx

It's going to 70 degrees today which is warmer than it normally is this time of year here with clear sky's, and even though I've taken this ride many, many times before, I'll take some more pics today and post them up. This loop I'll ride today is about 205 miles. Wink

IBA #18470

Desert Bandito

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 13 Dec 2010, 5:17 pm

Welcome to the forum buddy.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 13 Dec 2010, 8:14 pm

Desert Bandito wrote:

I have a lot more travel pics I'll be posting up, and I'll be riding out through the desert today on a 50 mile ride out around the back of Edwards Air Force Base, which if you follow military aircraft you will know about to Domingo's Mexican restaurant out in Boron CA for their awesome all you can eat Sunday Brunch, and from there I'll ride up Hwy 395 to a small Brewery that sells some great beers, where you can sit outside at tables and gaze out across the beautiful desert landscape, and one of my favorites is their great tasting 10.9% Lobotomy Bock. http://www.mojavered.com/Beers.aspx

It's going to 70 degrees today which is warmer than it normally is this time of year here with clear sky's, and even though I've taken this ride many, many times before, I'll take some more pics today and post them up. This loop I'll ride today is about 205 miles. Wink

Stop it! You're making me envious. About 15 years ago when I was in the Air Force as a missile engineer, I did a trip Stateside and went out to the US Navy Air Station at China Lake. Drove up from LA and back which was bloody fantastic. Desert with stuff to see and really appreciate - got to love that. So I can drool a bit when I hear your bike plans. One day I'm going to get the wife to holiday to the States and do a bike trip across the country - west to east and north to south.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Bandito Wed 15 Dec 2010, 1:27 am

Ewok1958 wrote:
Desert Bandito wrote:

Stop it! You're making me envious. About 15 years ago when I was in the Air Force as a missile engineer, I did a trip Stateside and went out to the US Navy Air Station at China Lake. Drove up from LA and back which was bloody fantastic. Desert with stuff to see and really appreciate - got to love that. So I can drool a bit when I hear your bike plans. One day I'm going to get the wife to holiday to the States and do a bike trip across the country - west to east and north to south.

I became good friends years ago when a couple and their family from Australia rented a house across from me for about two years, as he was in the Australian Air Force and was over here at Plant 42 in Lancaster working on updating the avionics on there jet fighters.

He then moved up to an air base in Sacramento CA for about a year, and I rode up there once to visit them.

Here's some pics from my ride last Sunday out through the desert, and it was perfect riding weather.

That's Edwards Air Force base and the dry lake bed out in the distance behind my bike.
G’day from Desert Bandito IMG_1979

Edwards Air Force Base
G’day from Desert Bandito IMG_1984

My Bandit
G’day from Desert Bandito IMG_1992

G’day from Desert Bandito IMG_1989

A glimpse of Honda's 12 mile high speed test oval, which only this turn and another are visible
from the hill I was on, as the rest is hidden by trees and the fact that the track actually sits below
ground level, as you can see in the pic.
G’day from Desert Bandito IMG_1995

IBA #18470

Desert Bandito

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 15 Dec 2010, 10:43 pm

You're El Bandito on the TWT forums yeah? I still run the same nick on all the forums whether it be here, ASB, PSB or other.

Good to see you join up. Looks like your bike could do with some Arrow headers mate, they are fantastic. Nice deep note and a meccano set in a box which would probably be fun for someone like yourself. I broke my Yoshimura spring puller putting mine together, it's obviously made of Chinese steel. Ended up using a piece of wire to do the last 2 springs
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down