Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handlebars

+6
Saikhan
2wheelsagain
Dekenai
whitey1
gus
10 posters

Go down

Handlebars Empty Handlebars

Post  gus Sun 28 Nov 2010, 5:20 pm

I find the bars on the 1250 a bit narrow.I would like them 50-60mm wider,not higher or lower or more pulled back
just wider with no cross bar.Any ideas?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Handlebars Empty Re: Handlebars

Post  whitey1 Sun 28 Nov 2010, 8:18 pm

I've ordered a set of ultra low renthals from here http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/category-439/RENTHRD.html as well as a set of bar end indicators. I'll let you know what they're like when they arrive(hopefully next week).
Looks like you've got the same bike as me. I am gradually getting the streetfighter look.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sun 28 Nov 2010, 9:01 pm

whitey1 wrote:I've ordered a set of ultra low renthals from here http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/category-439/RENTHRD.html as well as a set of bar end indicators. I'll let you know what they're like when they arrive(hopefully next week).
Looks like you've got the same bike as me. I am gradually getting the streetfighter look.

I have a set of these, they are good but because they have less pullback, even with a lot of jiggling the brake and clutch levers hit the fairing on full lock. Of course, this is a non-issue for nakeds. BTW. They are almost exactly the same width as the stock bars and about 1" lower than stock.

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Mon 29 Nov 2010, 9:27 am

Sorry, I had the measurements of my stock bars written down somewhere but I think I may have thrown it out once I'd ordered the new ones. So I'm no help at all Rolling Eyes
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 29 Nov 2010, 9:57 am

I'll be no help but in my opinion the leverage on the stock B1250 bars is better than any other road bike I've ever had.
Yes maybe they could be more like the FZ1 bars (lower and flatter) but do you seriously need more leverage? Spinach maybe lol

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Tue 30 Nov 2010, 10:45 pm

Just got my new bars and am in the process of fitting them and the new bar end indicators. This is how they compare to the stock bars. I'll measure the stockys tomorrow so you can see whats close. I'll also get some pics up of the new bars and flashers on the bike once I've wired them up
Handlebars Dscf2010
Handlebars Dscf2011
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 30 Nov 2010, 11:04 pm

You picked the Right colour.Black looks great on our pink Bandits Very Happy Very Happy

I measured the Tuono's bars today,40mm wider and i kind of prefer those.

No real reason it's just a feel thing.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Wed 01 Dec 2010, 10:19 pm

Ok heres the pics of the new bars and flashers. Had to take a heap before I got one with the LEDs lit!

Handlebars Dscf2012
Handlebars Dscf2013
Handlebars Dscf2014

Also measured my stock bars to compare. Rough measurements are;
Width 685mm
Sweep 120mm
Height to bend 70mm
Height at ends 90mm

The new ones according to the website are;
Width 725mm
Sweep 95mm
Height to bend 50mm
Height at ends 75mm
After riding around town a bit I reckon they feel quite a bit wider than the originals and my seating position is not as upright as it was which is what I was after. All in all happy with the result. Now I need a resister to slow the flash rate down.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 01 Dec 2010, 11:06 pm

Interesting.Look good too.

Now you have to get rid of that UNLEADED FUEL ONLY sticker
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Thu 02 Dec 2010, 12:49 am

Nice look.

No excuse for car driver's who want to claim that: 'I didn't see the indicator!'

The Suzuki Manual mentions that different globes may stuff up the electronics [my words] - so let us know if you have any inexpicable electronic glitches in the time prior to fitting a resistor.

How difficult was the whole thing of removing the handgrips, switch blocks, and wiring from the old bar and reinstalling on the new? It wouldn't be something I would want to tackle on my own. Well done!

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Thu 02 Dec 2010, 1:26 am

gus wrote:Interesting.Look good too.

Now you have to get rid of that UNLEADED FUEL ONLY sticker
Yeah I got rid of the rest of the stickers, I just never got around to doing that one.

1952 wrote:Nice look.

No excuse for car driver's who want to claim that: 'I didn't see the indicator!'

The Suzuki Manual mentions that different globes may stuff up the electronics [my words] - so let us know if you have any inexpicable electronic glitches in the time prior to fitting a resistor.

How difficult was the whole thing of removing the handgrips, switch blocks, and wiring from the old bar and reinstalling on the new? It wouldn't be something I would want to tackle on my own. Well done!
Haven't heard of things being stuffed up before but I guess its possible(hope not!).
Changing the bars over was dead easy on a naked. Just remove the bar ends, undo the bolts on the levers, move them out the way, remove the left grip by forcefully twisting, loosen the screws on the switchblocks/throttle. Remove the clamps on the bar and you should then be able to move the bar to one side to remove the throttle and then back the other way to remove the left switchblock. Then put it all back on in the reverse order. One thing you need to do is cut the locating lugs off the switchblocks or drill locating holes in the new bar(I chose the former as I didn't know how I was going to set the bar until I'd taken it for a ride). Just make sure you do everything up nice and tight!
If anyone wants to fit those indicators theres a good how to here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9I8mi5R3Ck
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 02 Dec 2010, 9:27 am

What's that seat you have got there? Any good.I use an airhawk on a long trip (good),but still looking.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Thu 02 Dec 2010, 11:25 am

Your shed looks a bit tidier than Reardo's. Maybe you could give him some pointers. Very Happy

And I think the seat is a Suzuki Gel.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Fri 03 Dec 2010, 12:22 am

Saikhan wrote:Your shed looks a bit tidier than Reardo's. Maybe you could give him some pointers. Very Happy

And I think the seat is a Suzuki Gel.
Yep its a gel. Theres info on them elsewhere...
That shed of mine is coming down in the new year. Its a 50 year old asbestos thing thats about to fall down. I've only just moved in a few months ago and I'm already getting quotes on a new shed!
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:40 pm

After fitting the Super Lows the angle of the brake hose as it left the master cylinder put it on an awkward angle .It also made it close to rubbing
on the upper triple clamp .I cut off the alloy tab so i could rotate the hose to a more "relaxed" angle and more clearance .
Handlebars IMG_3579
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Sun 29 Sep 2013, 5:46 pm

I see that this thread is a few months old.... are there any new handlebar products out there are recommended since then or?

I have a pair of the renthals on my bike, but after my drop they are not sitting straight.... so maybe I need a replacement pair.... they look straight, but they seem to be lower at the left than the right (under the clamps), AND they are also hitting the fairing at full lock on the right.

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:28 pm

stu wrote:I see that this thread is a few months old.... are there any new handlebar products out there are recommended since then or?

I have a pair of the renthals on my bike, but after my drop they are not sitting straight.... so maybe I need a replacement pair.... they look straight, but they seem to be lower at the left than the right (under the clamps), AND they are also hitting the fairing at full lock on the right.
Loosen everything off and try to adjust them. Often they aren't bent and just get a bit twisted in the clamps (which are rubber mounted I think).
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Tue 01 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm

Sloth_27 wrote:
stu wrote:I see that this thread is a few months old.... are there any new handlebar products out there are recommended since then or?

Loosen everything off and try to adjust them. Often they aren't bent and just get a bit twisted in the clamps (which are rubber mounted I think).
Yep did that today. Seems to have made some positive difference.

Also "rolled" them back a little to get clearance from the screen. Neither side hits the screen now, although the bars now being back and lower do feel rather different. Perhaps a little more leverage as wellm but certainly feels different. I guess I'll get used to it....

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutchie Fri 17 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm

ey y'all,

I recently fractured my elbow and lead me to buy some bars to straighten my wrist angle while riding.
anywho it sort of messed up my handlebar wrist positioning completely

I just bought and installed a pair of Renthal Ultra Lows Black for my 2010 1250s, look great and feel pretty good so far. Not any probs installing them but the main issue i had was positioning them. If i turn them in back position with the renthal symbol back down (towards the back of the bike in between mounts) the controls all touch the tank, not good as the kill switch and horn touches and go off. I know i can spin them and all but it doesnt seem to help in any combo?
I tried them in a forward position, like the old BMX style i had on my old redline in primary school years ago
(Renthal Symbol towards the front of bike in between mounts). This works ok but my wrist angle is not ideal and twisting a bit strange.

Heres a couple of pics of the 2x angle positions ive tried:
Top pic is at lower back position
Bottom pic is at forward position
Handlebars 2017-012
Handlebars 2017-013
I just cant seem to get my wrists in a comfortable position.
Ideally id would like my knuckle to face dead 90' degrees, right angle off the front wheel and not kinked or turned at all

After installing i found these bars on the internet

Bitwell Tracker handlebars
Tracker Handlebars 7/8" - Black

Does anyone know if these would work on a 1250s? Would the angle of grip be uncomfortable or just right or what?
Im no mechanic so these minor tweaks sort of confuse me?

Any experience with this would help
Thanks

Dutchie

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 17 Mar 2017, 7:47 pm

If the ultra lows feel right angle wise , what about some handlebar risers so they clear your tank ..........................
Welcome to the forum Dutchie pop into the intro section & say " Hi " ...........we promise not to keep passing you around  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum