Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender

+2
GSX1100G
Don B
6 posters

Go down

Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender  Empty Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender

Post  Don B Tue 18 Oct 2022, 2:30 pm

So something that has been clear until recently, there really is not a replacement since the Bandit was discontinued. Has this changed with the release of the GT which took out the first position in AMCN Sport Tourer comparison. At face value, I thought it was just the Gixer 1000 Naked in fancy dress but I was wrong.

Any Thoughts?
Don B
Don B

Back to top Go down

Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender  Empty Re: Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender

Post  GSX1100G Wed 19 Oct 2022, 7:43 am

Oh, I would LOVE one of those, but I am Positive my licence could not handle it 😟.
Definitely would make a great tourer with the luggage & few additions & host of modern electronic aids. Typical Suzuki re-purposing creating great bang for buck. A mate was looking at Triumph Tiger 900 with extras, but no luggage $25k on the road. For me the bars would still need to come up probably another 25mm or so.
My 07 is the most advanced bike in the stable as it has fuel injection. Maybe for my 70th(10 years away) I might track one down 🤔

Don B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Stan L Thu 20 Oct 2022, 7:38 am

GSX1100G wrote:My 07 is the most advanced bike in the stable as it has fuel injection. Maybe for my 70th(10 years away) I might track one down  🤔
My injected '07 also feels modern to me. Good thing it does, because nothing short of a lottery win would put another bike into my garage. (Anyone know if YouTube has a How To vid on starting your own Ponzi scheme...?)

Regards
Stan L
South Africa

Stan L

GSX1100G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Thu 20 Oct 2022, 7:27 pm

Stan L wrote:
GSX1100G wrote:My 07 is the most advanced bike in the stable as it has fuel injection. Maybe for my 70th(10 years away) I might track one down  🤔
My injected '07 also feels modern to me. Good thing it does, because nothing short of a lottery win would put another bike into my garage. (Anyone know if YouTube has a How To vid on starting your own Ponzi scheme...?)

Regards
Stan L
South Africa
🤣
GSX1100G
GSX1100G

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 04 Nov 2022, 12:11 pm

Don B wrote:So something that has been clear until recently, there really is not a replacement since the Bandit was discontinued. Has this changed with the release of the GT which took out the first position in AMCN Sport Tourer comparison. At face value, I thought it was just the Gixer 1000 Naked in fancy dress but I was wrong.

Any Thoughts?
You can’t order one with panniers and possibly won’t be able to for ever. My finger was on the trigger until I found this out. Orders have been refunded and most have gone green. Piss poor effort from Suzuki.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Fri 04 Nov 2022, 8:35 pm

😲 shot themselves in the foot there

Back to top Go down

Post  glennmcc Mon 07 Nov 2022, 4:58 pm

Sorry, if I won lotto, I would get the MV Augusta Tourismo Veloce, rode  1 a while ago, it was great.

2004 CT 110
glennmcc
glennmcc

Back to top Go down

Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender  Empty GSXS1000GT has won me over

Post  Don B Mon 07 Nov 2022, 9:08 pm

Although you can not buy the GT Panorama (GT with Panniers) you can buy without and at $18.5K on the road I could not resist.

Very early days (only 500k) still but loving it  Smile
Don B
Don B

GSX1100G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 07 Nov 2022, 9:55 pm

Don B wrote:Although you can not buy the GT Panorama (GT with Panniers) you can buy without and at $18.5K on the road I could not resist.

It was marketed as a grand tourer then they can’t supply the tour component’s. Should rebadge it as an F and call it a day. 
I’m certain it’s a great bike. It’s not for me without the GT components.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Chook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Mon 07 Nov 2022, 10:36 pm

$18,500 = big bang for buck.
I'm still positive my licence couldn't handle having one though. Maybe make room for a couple of more Bandits 🤔

Back to top Go down

Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender  Empty Panniers in the mail

Post  Don B Tue 22 Nov 2022, 8:01 am

2wheelsagain wrote:
Don B wrote:Although you can not buy the GT Panorama (GT with Panniers) you can buy without and at $18.5K on the road I could not resist.

It was marketed as a grand tourer then they can’t supply the tour component’s. Should rebadge it as an F and call it a day. 
I’m certain it’s a great bike. It’s not for me without the GT components.
I got a letter last week offering buyers of the GT the first opportunity to order a set of Pannier's, a touring we shall go  bounce
Don B
Don B

GSX1100G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Tue 22 Nov 2022, 8:06 am

Better late than never 👍.
Maybe in a few years there will be a few with panniers for sale 🤞

Don B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender  Empty Is the GSXS1000GT a Contender

Post  lairda Tue 22 Nov 2022, 9:12 am

So everyone,

I currently have both a 2010 Bandit and a new GSXS1000GT, I have only put 1700km on the GT. Re the Panniers Suzuki are selling them separately to existing owners before releasing them on the Suzuki website. IMO the bike has been so successful they have pulled the bike for the moment complete with panniers from sale and are making a killing on selling the panniers separately. I received a letter from Suzuki with an offer to buy at the RRP only. I couldn't order with the bike so I have ordered them separately to add to my bike the ouch is $$ but the bike isn't complete without them. The major difference I have found riding is the higher rev's cruising 4000ish vs 5000ish and using the engine braking on the Bandit to ride through twisties rather than using brakes vs having to use brakes on the GT as it doesn't slow down like the Bandit does when backing off the throttle. Riders are experimenting with cogs front and rear to bring the revs down a little as the engine has plenty of punch. The QS is pretty good though and cruise is cool and overall the handling feels way lighter than the Bandit even though both are similar weights. Being a new gen bike from Suzuki it will get better as users tweak little things like tyres ie using a 55 profile rather than a 50 as std. Re-adjusting the balance on the suspension to suit your riding style and maybe a better seat. Re-mapping the engine which some have already done. Lots of experiments by new riders will provide feedback if Suzuki listen and hopefully they will update the bike over time to reflect some of the above.

Happy to discuss further if anyone wants to know more.

lairda

GSX1100G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 22 Nov 2022, 12:00 pm

lairda wrote:So everyone,

I currently have both a 2010 Bandit and a new GSXS1000GT, I have only put 1700km on the GT. Re the Panniers Suzuki are selling them separately to existing owners before releasing them on the Suzuki website. IMO the bike has been so successful they have pulled the bike for the moment complete with panniers from sale and are making a killing on selling the panniers separately. I received a letter from Suzuki with an offer to buy at the RRP only. I couldn't order with the bike so I have ordered them separately to add to my bike the ouch is $$ but the bike isn't complete without them. The major difference I have found riding is the higher rev's cruising 4000ish vs 5000ish and using the engine braking on the Bandit to ride through twisties rather than using brakes vs having to use brakes on the GT as it doesn't slow down like the Bandit does when backing off the throttle. Riders are experimenting with cogs front and rear to bring the revs down a little as the engine has plenty of punch. The QS is pretty good though and cruise is cool and overall the handling feels way lighter than the Bandit even though both are similar weights. Being a new gen bike from Suzuki it will get better as users tweak little things like tyres ie using a 55 profile rather than a 50 as std. Re-adjusting the balance on the suspension to suit your riding style and maybe a better seat. Re-mapping the engine which some have already done. Lots of experiments by new riders will provide feedback if Suzuki listen and hopefully they will update the bike over time to reflect some of the above.

Happy to discuss further if anyone wants to know more.
What’s the eta on pannier delivery? Local dealers are still saying they’re not available and can’t be ordered. Too late for me I’ve spent my money on a different bike now.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lairda Tue 22 Nov 2022, 12:38 pm

Delivery of the Panniers is unknown but the letter said "we now have GT Pannier side case sets available" so assuming they are ready to ship to dealer. I had to decide by the end of this week if I wanted them. They will ship to the nominated dealer to have them fitted at extra cost as well.

lairda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum