Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD

2 posters

Go down

'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD Empty 'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD

Post  allambiejohn Wed 24 Feb 2021, 1:01 pm

I have searched the internet with little success for aerosol cans of Splash White  - Suzuki paint code YBD (for the seat cone).  Lots of stores have it listed as 'currently unavailable', does anyone know of a reliable source ?
allambiejohn
allambiejohn

Back to top Go down

'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD Empty Re: 'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD

Post  glennmcc Thu 25 Feb 2021, 11:41 am

You can probably try Supercheap or Autobarn to mix it for you, if you trust them.

I used it for my GS500, the black took a lot of shaking, it had green tint when not mixed properly.

2004 CT 110
glennmcc
glennmcc

Back to top Go down

'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD Empty Re: 'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD

Post  allambiejohn Sat 27 Feb 2021, 4:23 pm

SuperCheap supplied the aerosol can OK.  Luckily when I returned 20 mins later to pay, the attendant asked "is that what you really want? ".  She was experienced enough to notice that only the 2nd stage clear (ish) coat had been made up - not the white maincoat!  She said it was rare for motorcycles to use a two paint system, but Splash Whit is 'pearl' apparently.  Blasted 'Special Edition' paintjob!   I'll let you know how I get on when  complete.
allambiejohn
allambiejohn

Back to top Go down

Post  allambiejohn Tue 16 Mar 2021, 9:14 pm

So here are the before and after pics.  Ballsed up the transfer application a bit - probably should have left a much longer period after the last coat of paint - so it is not absolutely smooth.  Overall Ok  - but the 'pearl' effect is negligible.

'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD Damage11
'Splash white' paint, suzuki code YBD Newcov11
allambiejohn
allambiejohn

paul and GSX1100G like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down