Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roadglide...

+3
Chook
2wheelsagain
LittleJohnny
7 posters

Go down

Roadglide...  Empty Roadglide...

Post  LittleJohnny Sun 27 Dec 2020, 10:43 pm

Okay, I admit Ive always wanted a Harley Davidson, like always, since I was really young and a school buddy of mine had an uncle who was in a 1% club and would turn up on his hog like the baddest outlaw known to mankind, at least to my 7 or 8 year old mind. The sights and sounds (and smells) associated with Uncle Dave's arrival on his shovel imprinted something on my brain and hardwired me to want with every fibre of my being until the moon fell from the sky a Harley Davidson. Come hell or high water, or marriage to a cranky woman..Now thats out of the way... Ahem.... So a good motorcycling buddy of mine came down from the Central Coast to stay yesterday astride his newish Billiard Blue 2020 Road Glide Special... Its had a stage 2 cam fitted and runs the screamin eagle heavy breather and exhaust, a nice, package that has barely 8,000 km on it. Hes often threatened me with letting me ride it, because hes a generous, trusting bloke and we have a fairly strong connection having been workmates and shared similar life experiences, as well as sharing that bond that is forged by hours on the road and living and breathing bikes.. Anyway so he turns up on this beautiful bike, and offers me a ride. Well, needless to say, I promptly threw him the keys to my MT07 or Bandit, whichever he so choses (MT07) a quick run down on the heel/toe shifter and we set off out Castlereagh road for a spin.. A dream come true, what a gorgeous, comfortable, powerful bit of gear it is... At first it took a bit of getting used to the sheer bulk of it and that shifter, but once moving it felt like I had been riding it forever.. Honestly I didnt want to get off. Pulled over for a few happy snaps of myself on it, mainly for FB bragging rights then enjoyed a good hour or so on it before the weather gods played the severe thunderstorm card and it was time to seek refuge in my garage for a few cold beverages... Its a lovely thing this growing up and enjoying nice things, good bikes, cold beers, and garages full of bikes... Anyway Merry Christmas all, hope 2021 brings you happiness and prosperity and above all, ride well.. LittleJohnnyRoadglide...  20201211Roadglide...  20201211
LittleJohnny
LittleJohnny

truck, GSX1100G and LittleJohnny like this post

Back to top Go down

Roadglide...  Empty Re: Roadglide...

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 28 Dec 2020, 9:40 pm

Good job. While I have no personal desire to own a HD I understand the attraction of them to some people.
Its the whole HD scene and the shit don't stink attitude of some that annoys me. They still never wave or nod.
For me, as long as people are riding whatever puts a smile on their faces thats the main thing.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

LittleJohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 28 Dec 2020, 10:40 pm

Damn that thing is FUGLY

Each to their own though and I'm glad you enjoyed the ride
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

gus and LittleJohnny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 29 Dec 2020, 6:41 pm

It would have to ride better than it looks Chook . Laughing Lets hope its one of the few bikes that looks better in real life than in pics .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleJohnny Tue 29 Dec 2020, 7:30 pm

Yeah its ugly as a dropped pie, but it rides nice. Not my first choice if I was to buy a Harley, the build quality of the thing is average, all the nuts and bolts are starting to go rusty and alloy bits are oxidising. Honestly my Bandit would walk away from it under power and out corner it. Not really a bike for hard cornering and touring at speed. The HD snobbery thing is a major put off for me too.
LittleJohnny
LittleJohnny

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 29 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm

Hey ,i thought my tl1000r was a great looking bike but i've hear it's  been called, a Hippo ,giving birth to a duck . Razz So i'm obviously no great judge . Embarassed Shocked
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 29 Dec 2020, 8:37 pm

LittleJohnny wrote: the build quality of the thing is average, all the nuts and bolts are starting to go rusty and alloy bits are oxidising.

That's typical of American built things:
While the Mustang looks ok, it's build quality is 40 years behind the Aussie built Falcon it replaced.
I worked in a dyno room for 3 1/2 years, the 2 dynos (1 x 3.5 tonne capacity all wheel drive for light vehicles, the other, a truck dyno capable of simulating a 120 tonne load) were strong and functional, the build quality was bloody awful.

Their moto, if it breaks, rebuild it heavier, there is not much science to their engineering
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 29 Dec 2020, 8:38 pm

gus wrote:It would have to ride better than it looks Chook . Laughing Lets hope its one of the few bikes that looks better in real life than in pics .
no chance, I've seen a couple in teal life and still FUGLY!!
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 29 Dec 2020, 8:39 pm

gus wrote:Hey ,i thought my tl1000r was a great looking bike but i've hear it's  been called, a Hippo ,giving birth to a duck . Razz So i'm obviously no great judge . Embarassed Shocked
I don't mind the TL but it's not everyone's cup of tea, same with the Busa
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Joflewbyu2 Tue 29 Dec 2020, 11:09 pm

I tried Harley with a 95” V-twin back in 2010 for my 41st birthday. Traded it a year later for a newer Harley with the larger 103” engine and ABS. Visited Harley each month to pick out items to customize the bike or for clothing. After realizing the bike was never going to be fast enough and always weighed too much to be any fun, I sold it and got a 14 Honda Valkyrie with a 6 cylinder engine. Lighter and faster but lacked a fairing and bags so I added them. Still missed a radio so traded with another for a Honda F6B. The F6B like the Valkyrie was still faster and handled better than the 2 Harleys I had. Then came across a 16 Bandit 1250. Pulled the trigger and was pleasantly surprised with difference from the heavy touring bikes. While researching the Bandit came across Dale Walker’s Holeshot Performance website. Took a plunge and ordered Stage 2 from him and later added a header and got the revised tuner settings. WoW !!! Don’t miss either Harley at all but think about the Honda Valkyrie and F6B once in a while. If you are into larger touring bikes, both 6 cylinder Honda models were better in reliability, performance and handling than the Harleys.

Joflewbyu2

GSX1100G and LittleJohnny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuditch Sun 03 Jan 2021, 2:57 pm

I have been thinking about an older Road King for a while now. There is one at my local HD dealership and the call of the RK has always been pretty strong to me. However, I also know of a B-King that is in much better (showroom) condition. Both bikes are around the same price. I think I would take the B-King over the RK.... in the meantime my Mk1 B12 is still making me smile. Roadglide...  Receiv10

Chuditch

GSX1100G, Stan L and LittleJohnny like this post

Back to top Go down

Roadglide...  Empty What a pile of crap.

Post  buelllord Mon 04 Jan 2021, 11:45 am

Thanks so much for showing us this piece of shit, how about you toddle off to a harley site ...
buelllord
buelllord

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 04 Jan 2021, 1:30 pm

Buellord ,that sot of comment is pathetic . That sort of attitude piss's me off .No one is saying you have to own/ride it .

Last edited by gus on Mon 04 Jan 2021, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  buelllord Mon 04 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm

And we don't want to have to look at the rubbish ... OK
buelllord
buelllord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuditch Mon 04 Jan 2021, 4:04 pm

Says the guy who's handle is 'buelllord'.

Chuditch

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleJohnny Mon 04 Jan 2021, 7:01 pm

Buelllord...With a name like that you must be familiar with rubbish bikes.. If you cant make a reasonably intelligent comment toddle off and join a Buell page, Im sure you will fit in just fine.
LittleJohnny
LittleJohnny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum