Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABS problems

5 posters

Go down

ABS problems Empty ABS problems

Post  opa Mon 13 Jul 2020, 8:48 pm

[ltr]Here's a tip for anyone with an ABS model. I had a problem with my 1250, the back brake pedal locked without any application of the brake if I really stepped on it eventually it would work, most times. It felt like hydraulic lockup, figured the back brake needed to be bled. [/ltr]
[ltr]Not so easy on an ABS model so took it to the Suzuki Dealer who promptly presented me with a $1700 quote to replace the ABS module. They did not even try to bleed it. [/ltr]
[ltr]As it happens another mate with a 1250 with ABS had the same problem a couple years back so contacted him. Yes turns out it was air in the brake lines. He had to bleed his several times to get rid of the air and advised carrying the kit to bleed the brake on a ride and whenever the problem crops up, stop and bleed the brake. I tried bleeding it but, while it was better, it still happened.[/ltr]
[ltr]Did some research on the net and found some advice from another bandit owner from Belgium, he said the engine has to be running. Of course, it clicked. There's a little yellow light on the dash at startup that does not go out till the bike is ridden to indicate the ABS module is active.[/ltr]
[ltr]Took the bike for a quick ride, left the engine running and bled the brake, lots of tiny air bubbles came out. I had no more problems since, but have bled the brake again just to be sure and a little air bubble came out but then nothing.[/ltr]

[ltr]Update, 12 months later still no problem, back brake works fine.[/ltr]
opa
opa

http://www.inner-voyage.com

GSX1100G and Gendolf2010 like this post

Back to top Go down

ABS problems Empty Re: ABS problems

Post  GSX1100G Mon 13 Jul 2020, 9:58 pm

From those that have ABS, a big thank you.
I don't but still thank you 👍

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 14 Jul 2020, 12:42 am

My chariot doesn't have ABS, but I have read heaps of posts of members having problems in bleeding their brakes (especially after fitting braided lines).  I wonder if that was the issue all along, that the bike has to be running ?  

Thanks Opa, something to remember.

ABS problems Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

GSX1100G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 14 Jul 2020, 4:59 pm

years ago I had the same symptoms when a plastic bag got caught in the rotor/caliper, continuous rear brake to melt it away  a few times on and off over a few hours and it was back to normal again
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

GSX1100G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Gendolf2010 Fri 01 Dec 2023, 8:43 pm

How did you bleed a locked rear brake? I don't understand.
Gendolf2010
Gendolf2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down