Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Southern River Western Australia

+2
paul
rodent4
6 posters

Go down

Hello from Southern River Western Australia Empty Hello from Southern River Western Australia

Post  Chuditch Thu 27 Feb 2020, 1:55 pm

Hi its Adam just introducing myself. I sold a TL1000s to buy my 96 Bandit 1200 a few weeks ago. I'm really enjoying the bike so far and looking forward to playing around with it. 

Pics for your attention.

Last edited by Chuditch on Thu 27 Feb 2020, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chuditch

Back to top Go down

Hello from Southern River Western Australia Empty pics

Post  Chuditch Thu 27 Feb 2020, 2:00 pm

Hello from Southern River Western Australia Img_2012
Hello from Southern River Western Australia Img_2011
Hello from Southern River Western Australia Img_2010

Had to change the round headlight out because the previous owner had wired it up to run both low and high beam at the same time scratch . I had this fighter combo thing lying around from another bike build ages ago that I didn't use it for. seems to go alright for now but not sure it looks a bit howya going?

Chuditch

Back to top Go down

Hello from Southern River Western Australia Empty Re: Hello from Southern River Western Australia

Post  rodent4 Thu 27 Feb 2020, 4:13 pm

Welcome Adam.......Another older Bandit  Cool
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Hello from Southern River Western Australia Empty Re: Hello from Southern River Western Australia

Post  paul Thu 27 Feb 2020, 5:37 pm

Welcome to the forum Adam ...........bike looks pretty tidy .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuditch Thu 27 Feb 2020, 5:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it's in good nick really. 40000 on the clock, which is just getting started for these bikes? I bought the Bandit off a Russian (Ukrainian) backpacker who had built it up from a shed find in Lancelin. I paid about half of what I have seen these going for it so I was pretty pleased with myself and prepared for some issues to come up. Thankfully my Russian friend is a pretty handy mechanic, so far it goes well knock on wood. 

I am putting a Black Widow full system on it next week with the help of a mate who is a much better hand at bikes than me so he will give her a look over then.

Chuditch

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Thu 27 Feb 2020, 6:19 pm

Chuditch wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it's in good nick really. 40000 on the clock, which is just getting started for these bikes? I bought the Bandit off a Russian (Ukrainian) backpacker who had built it up from a shed find in Lancelin. I paid about half of what I have seen these going for it so I was pretty pleased with myself and prepared for some issues to come up. Thankfully my Russian friend is a pretty handy mechanic, so far it goes well knock on wood. 

I am putting a Black Widow full system on it next week with the help of a mate who is a much better hand at bikes than me so he will give her a look over then.

Tip: If you install the pipes with bare hands make sure you wipe them down with Metho or something else get rid of any residue from your vag scratchers or they'll be oxidizing before your eyes.  

Black Widow claim "All our systems are made from 304 grade polished stainless steel" , my Arrow pipes(304 stainless also and done around 20,000km's) are a lot older and are still looking 10 times better than the Black Widows that have been in place for months.

That said, the Black Widow pipes are reasonable value for money.
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuditch Thu 27 Feb 2020, 6:41 pm

Yes I had read that about the Black widow Pipes somewhere.... 

I thought I got a good deal for this bike and then I saw your $500 red bandit.. .

Chuditch

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Thu 27 Feb 2020, 8:56 pm

G'Day Chuditch,
Enjoy 👍

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Fri 28 Feb 2020, 5:46 am

Welcome to the forum Chuditch. 
Nice neat '96 and only 40,000 klm - even better.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 28 Feb 2020, 9:53 am

Welcome to the forrum Adam
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuditch Mon 09 Mar 2020, 1:56 pm

truck wrote:Welcome to the forum Chuditch. 
Nice neat '96 and only 40,000 klm - even better.

Thanks! I got the new exhaust fitted and then balanced the carbies, bumped the jets for a little richer mix to allow for more flow in and out. Got rid of a flat spot it had mid range now and it goes really well now with a 14t sprocket. 

These bikes are a lot of fun and I'm liking the simplicity of the air and oil cooled motor.

Chuditch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down