Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painful lesson

4 posters

Go down

Painful lesson Empty Painful lesson

Post  allambiejohn Wed 03 Jul 2019, 9:31 pm

So there I was filtering between rows of cars the other day and it all started to get a little 'tight'. As usual I pulled in one of the mirrors and carried on my way nice and slow. Eventually had to stop.  I could go no further and the car on my inside slowly started to move. It was pretty close and the damn thing rolled over my foot....and then stopped!  The cars on my offside then started but there was nothing I could do as my left foot was neatly pinned under a Holden Barina!  I tried to turn around to try and communicate with the driver but it was surprisingly difficult to move around and keep the bike balanced.  Eventually the car moved on with some Granny wondering why that motorbike didn't move to give her room to move off !  No harm done apart from considerable discomfort (actually it effin' hurt), I don't have steel toe caps but my toes were not even bruised.  I am a touch more careful now where I place my feet when stopped. At least it wasnt a truck...
allambiejohn
allambiejohn

Back to top Go down

Painful lesson Empty Re: Painful lesson

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 06 Jul 2019, 6:48 am

“Filter if safe to do so” is how it’s written in Vic. Lesson learned I guess. Glad the digits are ok.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 06 Jul 2019, 9:50 am

The 1250 mirrors don't snap back into a fixed position like the 1200's , so pulling them in is a bit more of a pain to reset them , so I don't bother . Might have saved my toes LOL . Although you can get caught out occasionally , I try to avoid the really tight gaps these days .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sun 07 Jul 2019, 6:24 am

As painful as it sounds, a YouTube clip of the occurrence might be considered funny by some.
As a kid I used to stick my toes under the Valiant car tyre as Mum was reversing out the driveway as a dare.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum