Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just throwing it out there .....................

+5
paul
GSX1100G
Davo1063
BanditDave
2wheelsagain
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 Empty Just throwing it out there .....................

Post  Chook Mon 17 Jun 2019, 6:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

When Baz and I were on the boat heading back from Tassie I mentioned it wont be my last trip to the Apple Isle and I'd like to try and do it about a month earlier next time. 

While we saw a lot, rode a lot of great rides etc, there was still a hell of a lot we didn't see or do. 

I'd like to see a bit more of the NW corner, probably one night up near the coast as well as another night back in Waratah

To have a look at Cradle Mountain you need to allow the best part of a day, we both thought we'd like to take a bus in for a proper look

We didn't do Strathgordon and the Gordon Dam, that's a good full day (probably 1/2 day in, 1/2 day out)

We didn't do much South of Hobart other than a pretty rushed day trip down to visit Gus, I'd like to see more down there

We didn't go near Great Lake, there has been a lot more bitumen finished up there since we left making it more attractive on a Bandit.

Baz and I both regretted not spending at least one night near Port Arthur and doing the whole tour/visit thing

We missed a lot of the NE while it pissed down.

There are also a lot of roads and towns I'd like to revisit

I tossed up the idea of November 2020, Baz said he'd be keen to go back again (that was 6 months ago, haven't spoken to him about it since), IIRC madmax said he would consider it as well.

Anyone else interested in a trip most likely starting in the 1st or 2nd week of November and spending at least a full 2 weeks on the Island

If others wanted to do it shorter, those that want to go the full distance can sort out an itinerary and others can catch up en route.

Any (possible) takers?
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 Empty Re: Just throwing it out there .....................

Post  gus Sun 06 Sep 2020, 8:49 pm

Just tell me what you want to see and i will send you a pic . Much cheaper lol. Going to be 21 tomorrow so im off for a day or two . No planning ,no depart or arrive times ,no reservations . Start bike and go ,with one change of cloths and a swag . Too much planning never works ,especially if more than one person involved .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 Empty Re: Just throwing it out there .....................

Post  GSX1100G Sun 06 Sep 2020, 10:30 pm

enjoy 👍
pics of anything will great.

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sun 06 Sep 2020, 10:41 pm

Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 Batman10

If you're near here Gus, call in for a brew.

Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 08 Sep 2020, 1:41 pm

This is why i do not like a plan ride for each day in Tasmania .
Yesterday i left (Cygnet)to go up the east coast and stop overnight in Derby .(swag , free camping ). Derby was all but shut down ,including the pub . Seeing it was only 3pm , i kept going till Mole Creek pub with an idea of the West Coast the next day . Seeing how wet the ground was , a swag was out of the question . A $55 room with tv was a much better option with a great meal and beer down stares .
Sure enough its raining in the morning with a gale  warning . West Coast is DEFENATELY forgotten about and head back to the east coast to do the road to St Mary's . Ten kays down the road im getting blasted by winds so strong im struggling to stay in my lane . A u-turn gets me back onto the Midland hwy with a tail wind . By Hobart its raining and cold . 5 kls out its sunny so i take the scenic route back home to Cygnet .
There should be only one rule when you get off the Boat in Tasmania .
Check the weather , 
If its Raining on the West Coast ,GO EAST .
If its not raining on the West Coast  , go that way ,because it probably will rain  in two days time .
I think that might be 3 rules ,but i'm to tired to work it out .  Laughing
Method of transport was a 88.000kl bmw f800s  (Brilliant ) and im not a Bmw fan . confused Lets face it bikes are about motors and this is a twin Rotax motor .
gus
gus

Ewok1958 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 10 Sep 2020, 7:40 pm

They say variety is the spice of life Gus ............the weather was just being obliging  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 10 Sep 2020, 9:05 pm

OOOh ,"our place ",lol , just noticed that . Nice
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 10 Sep 2020, 11:02 pm

Looking from the opposite direction....

Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 Dji_0011

Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

madmax and GSX1100G like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 11 Sep 2020, 1:03 pm

gus wrote:This is why i do not like a plan ride for each day in Tasmania .
Yesterday i left (Cygnet)to go up the east coast and stop overnight in Derby .(swag , free camping ). Derby was all but shut down ,including the pub . Seeing it was only 3pm , i kept going till Mole Creek pub with an idea of the West Coast the next day . Seeing how wet the ground was , a swag was out of the question . A $55 room with tv was a much better option with a great meal and beer down stares .
Sure enough its raining in the morning with a gale  warning . West Coast is DEFENATELY forgotten about and head back to the east coast to do the road to St Mary's . Ten kays down the road im getting blasted by winds so strong im struggling to stay in my lane . A u-turn gets me back onto the Midland hwy with a tail wind . By Hobart its raining and cold . 5 kls out its sunny so i take the scenic route back home to Cygnet .
There should be only one rule when you get off the Boat in Tasmania .
Check the weather , 
If its Raining on the West Coast ,GO EAST .
If its not raining on the West Coast  , go that way ,because it probably will rain  in two days time .
I think that might be 3 rules ,but i'm to tired to work it out .  Laughing
Method of transport was a 88.000kl bmw f800s  (Brilliant ) and im not a Bmw fan . confused Lets face it bikes are about motors and this is a twin Rotax motor .

I'm with you Gus, (apart from the bit about BMWs Laughing ) I don't like to be too planned in a ride. otherwise it is just like getting on a tour bus. Sometimes though, especially with a larger group accommodation has to be booked, how you get to your next destination doesn't have to be so rigid.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 11 Sep 2020, 1:36 pm

Chook wrote:November is never going to happen, Davo1963 and I conceded that as soon as Victoria went into lock down again 
(I hope they pull through this quicker than expected, not so much for our trip but for them, I feel for those that haven't got the same freedom we have)
I'm doubtful that March will happen either but I really hope I'm wrong, I think ATM our best hope is November 2021

Davo and I are planning on a few nights in the Flinders Rangers in November, dates to be confirmed, if anyone is interested keep an eye out in the SA ride pages

Late November 2021 Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 959052286

then again, maybe a few years later  Laughing
Just throwing it out there ..................... - Page 2 11899110

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 11 Sep 2020, 6:25 pm

Not sure if it will ever be 100% "over" (the virus that is) but hopefully we'll be back to some sort of normality by November 2021 (surely ??)

Davo and I have a near on 3 week itinerary waiting to go, Mid November to the end of the 1st week in December would be awesome
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 12 Sep 2020, 8:16 am

Chook wrote:Not sure if it will ever be 100% "over" (the virus that is) but hopefully we'll be back to some sort of normality by November 2021 (surely ??)

Davo and I have a near on 3 week itinerary waiting to go, Mid November to the end of the 1st week in December would be awesome

They thought small pox was eradicated and over. Apparently there were case in California this year.
A vaccine is the only way to "eradicate" it and even then it is not 100% guaranteed
We haven't eliminated HIV, we learned to eliminate it. We have to do the same here.......

I certainly hope things are back to some sort of normal by November '21

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum