Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power Commander

5 posters

Go down

Power Commander Empty Power Commander

Post  step_andy Wed 03 Nov 2010, 10:51 pm

Hi,
I am wondering if there is a benefit to install a power commander (PC) on 1250.

I have a Yoshi slip on and looking to get K & N air filter.
What will a PC do? What are the benefits?
Are certain makes better than others?
Trying to get my head around Dynojet
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DYNOJET-POWER-COMMANDER-PC-5-PC5-V-SUZUKI-BANDIT-1250-S-/140362229931?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item20ae3da8ab#ht_4059wt_907

or similar
http://www.newenough.com/parts/exhaust_intake_fuel/fuel_management/bazzaz_performance/zfi_fuel_control_unit_suzuki.html

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

step_andy

Back to top Go down

Power Commander Empty Re: Power Commander

Post  jazll Thu 04 Nov 2010, 5:15 pm

I fitted a staintune pipe to my 0/8 bandit causing it to surge & backfire running way to lean, after some research i had Dave Holdsforth at sydney dyno fit a power commander, K&N filter & remapped it on the dyno the result was all the surging & backfireing gone, increased HP & torque & much crisper throttle response, in my view money well spent Very Happy

jazll

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Thu 04 Nov 2010, 6:06 pm

A cheaper alternative is the Dobeck DFI from (US257 plus US15 for the O2 Bypass) from Holeshot. You might also try a wanted AD on Max-Suzuki or TWT, I got mine 2nd hand for about $150. The DFI is not as sophisticated as the Power Commander but it seems to be good enough.

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Thu 04 Nov 2010, 8:50 pm

step_andy wrote:

In a nutshell...

-Remove the first gear torque limitation
-Remove the second gear torque limitation
-Remove the third gear torque limitation
-Remove the fourth gear torque limitation
-Remove the sixth gear rev limiter
-Optimise the power output gained from the addition of any performance parts

It can do this because with the gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually, and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).

You can also add their auto-tune, map selection switch, colour lcd display, and quick shift modules.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Fri 05 Nov 2010, 6:29 pm

Pete,

Does the PC-V hook into the ignition? I just ask as I believe that the gear 1-4 torque limit is applied by ignition timing retard. Also, I have never seen any mention of a 6th gear rpm limit on a B1250, I know Hayabusa's have it but with its (relatively) low top speed I was not aware of it being applied to the B1250,

Cheers Peter

Last edited by Dekenai on Sat 06 Nov 2010, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 06 Nov 2010, 8:51 am

Pete wrote:
step_andy wrote:

In a nutshell...

-Remove the first gear torque limitation
-Remove the second gear torque limitation
-Remove the third gear torque limitation
-Remove the fourth gear torque limitation
-Remove the sixth gear rev limiter
-Optimise the power output gained from the addition of any performance parts

It can do this because with the gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually, and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).

You can also add their auto-tune, map selection switch, colour lcd display, and quick shift modules.

PC3 is for fuel mapping, TRE Eliminator is for locking in 1 of 6 timing maps "5th gear unrestricted". I don't know if its true or not but, i've read that some some Suzuki's (bandit) have the speed limiter from the Hayabusa has a hand me down.

The NEW Power Commander V

Power Commander V Product Introduction

The New Power Commander V is loaded with tons of new features. It is compatible with 2009 and newer bike models. Below you will find some
Power Commander V features.
•Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
•USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
•2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
•Gear input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
•Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
•With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on
a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
•Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
•10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
•Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

The NEW Power Commander V and It's Accessories
AutoTune for Power Commander V
The Auto Tune kit monitors the fuel mixture (by installing the included Wide Band O2 sensor in the exhaust). It then sends this information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects it while you ride. Each map that we offer has preset Air/Fuel ratio values included that we find to be the best overall settings. This lets you simply plug in the unit and let it do the work. For Harley Davidson models we ever monitor and adjust each cylinder individually for increased precision as on these models required fueling can vary significantly between the front and rear cylinder.

LCD Display for Power Commander V
The LCD Display connects to any Power Commander USB (some BMW models excluded) via a "quick disconnect" cable. It is designed to remain on the bike and is weather resistant. While connected, the unit will display all available data from the Power Commander. When the optional Multi-Function Hub is also installed all of its data is available for viewing as well.

Quick Shifter for Power Commander V
Normally during "up shifting" you must roll off of the throttle and pull in the clutch in order to engage the next higher gear. In racing (both drag and road race), split seconds count. Rolling off the throttle, even slightly, slows your times and can be the difference between winning and losing. The Dynojet Quick Shifter (DQS) allows full throttle, clutch less shifting. This is done by momentarily cutting the fuel and or ignition, which unloads the transmission. During this time, the rider can shift up to the next gear without rolling off the throttle or using the clutch.
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Sat 06 Nov 2010, 1:10 pm

Dekenai wrote:Pete,

I just ask as I believe that the gear 1-4 torque limit is applied by ignition timing retard...

Sorry, you're right, you'll need the Ignition Module.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/IgnitionModule/powercommander_ignition_module.aspx

I'm not sure whether it is compatible or not with the PCV.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sat 06 Nov 2010, 5:02 pm

Andy, maybe you want to consider the Healtech unit, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fuel-Injection-Tuner-Pro-Suzuki-Motorcycles-/110594329915?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bfef8d3b#ht_1685wt_906 local seller and 30-day money back guarantee,

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down