Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's On Your Scone?

+21
Big Al
boomer
Baz
tj1
potatomasher
solerida
b12mick
rickbandit
Dink.1170
whitey1
Dmaxhall
Sloth_27
dhula
Re-Cycled
Vmax-Bandit
CHERRY1
step_andy
Cameron
Cruisecontrol
2wheelsagain
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Empty What's On Your Scone?

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 22 Sep 2009, 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Given that I may ask Santa to bring me a new lid this year I'm wondering what everyone here has on their scone and what you think of it particularly if you have a fat head like me? Crying or Very sad

I know all our helmets have to meet (or exceed) AS and I cant see myself in a $149 lid, I don’t think a $800 lid is twice as good as a $400 one.

I have had Arai and Bell before that my current lid is a HJC CL15 which I have found very good and mid priced too. The last HJC CL15 I chucked on in a shop was tagged as the same size as my current one (XL) but it was tighter than a fishes bum leading me to think I cant order online like I thought I would but I'll have to try a heap on. What a Face Not sure if it was tagged wrong or they have changed their shell size?

For me fit and ventilation are priorities and I'd be looking for something in black and silver if I could get it.

So if you're still with me at this point what is on your noggin?
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's On Your Scone?

Post  boomer Sat 17 Apr 2010, 10:35 pm

how did I ever miss this thread???

I'm on my 3rd helmet - not bad for only riding for 2.5yrs.

The first was a Nolan N-102. I thought I liked it at the time - liked the flip style, but the problem I had was that I used to sweat profusely. It didn't take too long for the helmet to develop an odour all of its own. A salesman at an accessories store suggested Motoex (?) helmet conditioner, which made it worse! Febreeze helped remove the combined odour, but I had ordered a new lining so wasn't too concerned. After waiting some time for the new liner I phoned the importer just to be told that they weren't going to be bringing them into Australia. I then told them that they had lost a customer, & subsequently purchased a Shoei XR1000. Thats when I found out that I really didn't like the Nolan as the Shoei was that much more comfortable.

Fast forward 12 months & I had a slow speed off. While only the visor was visibly damaged, I retired it to the spare room. If I need a helmet in a hurry/emergency then I know that its there.

Now I have an Arai Corsair RX-7 (Haga), which has just had new cheekpads installed. I like the feel of the Arai, but it's bloody noisey compared to the Shoei.

Next, who knows what or when! I tried on a Suomy the other weekend. Felt good, so it goes onto the maybe list.

FarRider #412

What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sun 18 Apr 2010, 7:30 am

i have a shark and it's noisy
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Empty Whats on your scone

Post  Big Al Sun 18 Apr 2010, 8:17 am

I use an AGV K3 medium price not enough venting for summer and a bit noisy.
Is there a truly quiet helmet at a reasonable price? study
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sun 18 Apr 2010, 8:30 am

Big Al wrote:I use an AGV K3 medium price not enough venting for summer and a bit noisy.

What about this HELMET Very Happy

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Sun 18 Apr 2010, 8:32 am

Re-cycled wrote:
Big Al wrote:I use an AGV K3 medium price not enough venting for summer and a bit noisy.

What about this HELMET Very Happy

just imagine the noise as each bug hits it at speed! it'd be like Big Ben going off!

FarRider #412

What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  stretch Sun 18 Apr 2010, 9:38 am

Had lots of Shoeis in the last 20 years, but more recently have swapped to using HJC. The one that saved my nogging in my gett off WAS!! A HJC IS 16. The IS stands for internal sunvisor.
This is a great invention by HJC wherby a sunglass sized shield which is spring loaded and easy to operate at the flick of a button to release and slide to come down. The shield is inside the outer normal shield and you can ride with the outer shield up or down. No need for tinted visors or sunnies anymore and all for around $370. I went out and got another one with the insurance money from the crash. I find the HJCs are reasonably quiet, comfortable also come with a fog resistant coating on the outer visor and a good sized removable neck warmer which keeps out a lot of draught in the winter months, more thoughts anyway.

stretch

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Sun 18 Apr 2010, 10:45 am

just imagine the noise as each bug hits it at speed! it'd be like Big Ben going off!

Imagine getting full cranked over and it would drag u off the bike! LOL Laughing
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sun 18 Apr 2010, 11:16 am

THIS IS MY LID, GOT IT TO FIT MY BIG NOSE. ITS A VR 2R. A LITTLE BIT NOISY BUT A NICE HELMET.
What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Kbc20v10
What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Drgn_r10
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Tue 20 Apr 2010, 10:59 pm

I had an 'off' in Melbourne back in the days when I rode a Yamaha RD350 - apparently I thought the best response might be to go unconscious for about 10 mins - so I don't remember the experience personally, but the Tow-truck driver I had just overtaken got a 3D Panoramic insight into the physics involved. He told my wife later that I sailed within a hair's breadth of collecting a wooden lampost before sliding face first into a gutter at a legal 60 kph. My Shoei full-face (not the trendy choice then) was returned, minus the visor, and well-scrapped down the front and especially the chin area - I came back from my brief 'out' with not a scratch on my face and the X-Ray confirmed the brain goo was still inside my skull. It's hard to choose another brand after that sort of personal crash test dummy experience. Wink

Back to top Go down

What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Empty Expensive Shoei for me - Cheap HJC for my wife

Post  1952 Fri 23 Apr 2010, 12:28 am

Not much colour in mine - but I didn't buy it to be moving Art

What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Shoei3resized

No more claustrophobia I hope ..

https://2img.net/h/i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz165/rj1952/Shoei2resized.jpg?t=1271945794

Wonder if all the vents will work?

https://2img.net/h/i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz165/rj1952/Shoei1resized.jpg?t=1271945851

This was my wife's choice

https://2img.net/h/i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz165/rj1952/HJCresized.jpg?t=1271945889

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 26 May 2010, 6:47 pm

[quote="Baz"]I just bought a Shark EvoLine .. it fells quite good, more aerodynamic than my old HJC, and I can flip it to use it as an open face which is still aerodynamic.

I have had a warranty problem with this Shark. The chin piece can no longer disengage so it can be rolled back into open face configuration. I tool it back, and the salesman said he would show it the rep who said he would repair it. I went back (cos I was in the area) to see if it had been repaired, I was told a new helmet was there for me, same colour, model .. took it home, put it on ... exactly the same problem. I'm wondering it it actually was not a new helmet but the same one polished up. Anyway, I'm not happy, will take back the 2nd helmet on the weekend and advise I won't be happy until I get a working helmet or my money back (it was on special when I bought it, very cheap, now I now why).
Made in France .. my Bolle sunglasses didn't last too long either.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

What's On Your Scone? - Page 2 Empty Whats on your scone

Post  banditman Wed 26 May 2010, 6:52 pm

I have had lots of helmets over the years. I now have a Shark RSV. Beautiful fit, thick visor and a bargain. Reduced at Peter Stevens from about $500.00 to $200.00. Lucky my scone fitted what was still available at the time. The old story though:::: If you have a $10.00 head, get a $10.00 helmet. Say no More!!
regards

banditman

banditman

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 27 May 2010, 9:29 am

banditman wrote:The old story though:::: If you have a $10.00 head, get a $10.00 helmet. Say no More!!
regards

banditman

Thats true up to a point. After that you're paying for image. I'm happy to pay $400 - 500 and will be looking when (if) I get a tax refund this year. I know I have a HJC head so I'll be starting there again.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 27 May 2010, 2:24 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
banditman wrote:The old story though:::: If you have a $10.00 head, get a $10.00 helmet. Say no More!!
regards

banditman

Thats true up to a point. After that you're paying for image. I'm happy to pay $400 - 500 and will be looking when (if) I get a tax refund this year. I know I have a HJC head so I'll be starting there again.

For me comfort and fit comes before price. Lucky for me HJC's are reasonably cheap and fit my head peferectly.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 29 May 2010, 4:20 pm

[quote="Baz"]
Baz wrote:I just bought a Shark EvoLine .. it fells quite good, more aerodynamic than my old HJC, and I can flip it to use it as an open face which is still aerodynamic.

I have had a warranty problem with this Shark. The chin piece can no longer disengage so it can be rolled back into open face configuration. I tool it back, and the salesman said he would show it the rep who said he would repair it. I went back (cos I was in the area) to see if it had been repaired, I was told a new helmet was there for me, same colour, model .. took it home, put it on ... exactly the same problem. I'm wondering it it actually was not a new helmet but the same one polished up. Anyway, I'm not happy, will take back the 2nd helmet on the weekend and advise I won't be happy until I get a working helmet or my money back (it was on special when I bought it, very cheap, now I now why).
Made in France .. my Bolle sunglasses didn't last too long either.

They gave me a another helmet, EVOLine series 2, which works well and is an improvement on the series 1, the visor ratchets up & down as opposed to just springing up or down. The admitted they had a batch problem. So I am happy once more, Shark were very good about it as was Martin @ ACTION Campbelltown.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum