Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat

+2
paul
barry_mcki
6 posters

Go down

seat - Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat Empty Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat

Post  Pops Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:13 pm

Thinking of upgrading the stock seat to a Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter, would anyone in Perth have one fitted to their 1250 that I could checkout prior to placing an order?

Cheers

sunny

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

seat - Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat Empty Re: Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat

Post  barry_mcki Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:40 pm

You know these Corbins are about an inch lower than standard, so if you're tall the seating position could be quite uncomfortable as your legs will be more of a folded position if you know what I mean.  BTW I'm 178cm and have no problems with my Corbin, however the pillion area is quiet small, so I change over to an MJM if ther missus is riding behind me.

seat - Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

seat - Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat Empty Re: Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat

Post  Pops Wed 31 Jan 2018, 10:10 pm

barry_mcki wrote:You know these Corbins are about an inch lower than standard, so if you're tall the seating position could be quite uncomfortable as your legs will be more of a folded position if you know what I mean.  BTW I'm 178cm and have no problems with my Corbin, however the pillion area is quiet small, so I change over to an MJM if ther missus is riding behind me.

Thanks Barry, I'm only 175cm & ride solo & really like the look of the Streetfighter bucket type seat which appears to lower you into the bike rather than being on top of it. Is that the case with how you find it?

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 31 Jan 2018, 10:42 pm

Yes exactly.  I find the Corbin a better (solo) seat for long trips, you find you only need to stop for fuel as opposed to being sore.  I bought a AirHawk at the same time I got my Corbin and had never needed to use it so sold it in almost new condition. 

I've got the back rest as well, but with the Givi Top Box it can't be used properly.  Haven't got a photo of it on my bike but here's a couple of shots of their site, I've had Gus do his magic with the carbon wrap on the back part, makes it look much better:

seat - Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat 1250_c10seat - Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat Corbin10

seat - Holeshot Corbin Streetfighter Seat Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Thu 08 Feb 2018, 10:35 pm

Well I am assuming no one in Perth has one of these, as no one has come forward to offer up a test sitting, so therefore I have just had to bite the bullet & order one. I couldn't stand the stock seat any longer.

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 08 Feb 2018, 10:55 pm

Have you tried talking to your local motor trimmer to see what they could do with your seat ?

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Fri 09 Feb 2018, 12:39 pm

paul wrote:Have you tried talking to your local motor trimmer to see what they could do with your seat ?

Yep I did consider going down that path but was concerned that if I didn't like the trimmers mods I would be out in $ and without a stock seat. This way if it doesn't suit I can always sell the Holeshot & go back to plan A

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 09 Feb 2018, 12:45 pm

Pops wrote:
paul wrote:Have you tried talking to your local motor trimmer to see what they could do with your seat ?

Yep I did consider going down that path but was concerned that if I didn't like the trimmers mods I would be out in $ and without a stock seat. This way if it doesn't suit I can always sell the Holeshot & go back to plan A
Good point . ..............Most trimmers with any forethought though should work with you on it  because it is such an individual thing . i.e. do your foam-work & let you try it first for shape , feel etc.  before they go ahead and cover it .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  miller Fri 02 Mar 2018, 8:14 am

Hi to all am new to this site . I have had my 1250 since new and as soon a Dale Walker released his Hole Shot Corbin seat i bought one.I have done near 160,000 KLM on this seat and i have no complaints at all. I fitted bar back risers so as not to reach for the bars and i find long trips very comfortable. I have looked after this seat with leather conditioner as i intend to put another 160,000 KLM on it.
miller
miller

Back to top Go down

Post  V17R Sat 03 Mar 2018, 10:25 am

Hi miller
yep, cant go wrong with the Holeshot seat
best thing I've done to mine, thats some serious km's

V17R

Back to top Go down

Post  miller Sat 03 Mar 2018, 3:18 pm

There are two things about the 1250 , the more KLM you do on Dale Walkers Corbin seat the better it gets, the more KLM you do on a 1250 the better it gets .
miller
miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Andywill Fri 16 Mar 2018, 7:57 pm

Pops wrote:Well I am assuming no one in Perth has one of these, as no one has come forward to offer up a test sitting, so therefore I have just had to bite the bullet & order one. I couldn't stand the stock seat any longer.
I'm looking at getting a new seat for mine can you tell me how much it cost with delivery. Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Sun 18 Mar 2018, 4:33 pm

Andywill wrote:
Pops wrote:Well I am assuming no one in Perth has one of these, as no one has come forward to offer up a test sitting, so therefore I have just had to bite the bullet & order one. I couldn't stand the stock seat any longer.
I'm looking at getting a new seat for mine can you tell me how much it cost with delivery. Cheers

PM sent

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down