Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repairable write off Questions

4 posters

Go down

Repairable write off Questions  Empty Repairable write off Questions

Post  gus Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:35 am

Ive asked so many people and I keep getting conflicting answers . Its easy ,its really hard ,its doesn't cost much ,its very expensive .
I virtually gave up due to frustration . 
The questions I have ,are .
If you own a rep. w o . how do you find out why it is (damage to be repaired ) Paperwork lost ,thrown away by previous OWNERS I guess.
Does a Queensland listed bike  have to be inspected in QLD to be removed from the rwo list .Bike now lives in Tasmania .
Can a faired bike pass if it is turned into a naked bike (I believe they don't like this ) but this bike did come in a naked model .
There was an article in Motorcycle Trader (red damaged  Aprilia on Cover ) with information on this subject . At the end of the article there was a name to contact 
The mag got thrown away ,anyone still got it . About 2 months ago .
Anyone any idea
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Repairable write off Questions  Empty Re: Repairable write off Questions

Post  paul Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:44 am

Chook is the only one I can think of might know something about it  ..............maybe give him a PM

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 16 Jan 2018, 11:46 am

I'll reply when I get home and onto my pc
Big fingers and a mobile phone = mistakes
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 16 Jan 2018, 4:04 pm

I only have 1st hand knowledge of SA WOVR legislation and polices, I'll answer what I can and try and steer you in the right direction as far as I can.

Firstly a bit of background

Every state introduced WOVR legislation between 2001 and 2003 (or 4?)

There are 2 types of WOVR vehicles
1/ Repairable Write off - uneconomical to repair or the insurance company doesn't want to take the risk
2/Statutory Write off - never to be registered in Australia again, able to be used for parts with restrictions in relation to where the damage was/what the reason for the WOVR was

The model legislation was identical, what was eventually legislated in each state did vary a bit, policy and the way the legislation is enforced can change significantly from one  jurisdiction to another

In 2011 NSW admitted defeat in the fight against vehicle re-birthing/stolen parts etc and legislated for ALL total loss claims to become statutory write offs regardless of the nature of the damage (often just stolen - recovered with little or no damage), as far as I am aware they won't even inspect vehicles written off in other states, you need to get that sorted elsewhere and registered prior to NSW registration

gus wrote:Ive asked so many people and I keep getting conflicting answers . Its easy ,its really hard ,its doesn't cost much ,its very expensive .
I virtually gave up due to frustration . 
The questions I have ,are .
If you own a rep. w o . how do you find out why it is (damage to be repaired ) Paperwork lost ,thrown away by previous OWNERS I guess.
In SA we don't give out damage details to anyone other than the last registered owner (at time of WOVR), anything else is a breach of privacy legislation. Either way, all damasge must be repaired, even that not from the WOVR incident, also vehicle must be returned to state it was at time of WOVR or as built (no mod's, no faired to naked etc.) This is policy in SA and Vic, I'm unsure in other states.
In SA you MUST produce the original purchase documents, no invoice, no inspection, not sure about anywhere else though

Does a Queensland listed bike  have to be inspected in QLD to be removed from the rwo list .Bike now lives in Tasmania .
It will never be removed from the WOVR, meeting all requirements will clear it for registration. It should be able to be inspected in any state other than NSW
Can a faired bike pass if it is turned into a naked bike (I believe they don't like this ) but this bike did come in a naked model .
If it was exactly the same bike either way, yes, a Bandit however, the frame is different to accommodate fairing/lights etc and the model designations are different, so here would be a no.
There was an article in Motorcycle Trader (red damaged  Aprilia on Cover ) with information on this subject . At the end of the article there was a name to contact 
The mag got thrown away ,anyone still got it . About 2 months ago .
Anyone any idea
This is a local info bulletin for you

Here the vehicle requires 2 inspections, both done by Government inspectors 
1st a "Tier 3 identity" which is a basic Tier 2 identity inspection + structural integrity + verification of parts, repair standards, scrutiny of all relevant documentation
2nd a "Roadworthy Inspection"

In Tasmania it seems you need 3 inspections, 2 by private assessors, 1 from government inspectors

I hope that helps Gus
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:09 pm

Yes It Does ,thanks .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:41 am

So what are you rebuilding @Gus?
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 17 Jan 2018, 11:59 am

My  $900 k3 BLUE Bandit ,.

I just did a Hobart - Queenstown -Mole Creek - Hobart  overnighter on it . Like a new bike (has 16,000 kls on it )
Repairable write off Questions  DSCN1447_zpsmmg1ee77
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down