Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powerbronze airflow screen

5 posters

Go down

Powerbronze airflow screen Empty Powerbronze airflow screen

Post  2010banditsa Tue 28 Sep 2010, 8:31 pm

will be fitting my new screen in a day or so after i have finished the chores for the GF, any tips anyone think are worthy of mentioning?
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Powerbronze airflow screen Empty Re: Powerbronze airflow screen

Post  Baz Tue 28 Sep 2010, 8:48 pm

when you unscrew the screws, the rubber surrounded nuts can come loose and fall out, so you need to keep a finger on it. I just took my airflow screen off and replaced the original back on and did it in no time.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Wed 29 Sep 2010, 2:07 pm

cheers Baz
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 29 Sep 2010, 6:13 pm

I'll second what Baz said on the rubber-surrounded nuts (Suzuki calls them "well nuts") coming out - one of the ones under the fairing (ie one of the two you have to undo after you remove the fairing inner) came out when I changed screens. I don't reckon it was fitted properly at the factory because they are pretty tight when inserted correctly. Worse than that, it didn't appear on the concrete under the bike so then I had to go on a hunt to find it. Wasted lots of time. When I subsequently refitted the factory screen there were no problems. Only other thing is to make sure the instrument cluster clips back in properly.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Tue 05 Oct 2010, 5:55 pm

man, looks like you have to remove all the front fairing to get into the holding bolts, is that right? The black stuff inside and the outer fairing?
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Tue 05 Oct 2010, 6:42 pm

When I fitted my PB screen, yes I took the fairing off (all of it), but I seem to recall when retrofitting the original screen, I only removed the instrument panel which allowed one to get a finger on the 'well nuts'

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Tue 05 Oct 2010, 7:46 pm

Ok thanks Baz, i might just take the lot off to get the hang of it, although just wanted to check i wasnt massively over doing the job. thanks for your previous post as well Ewok.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 05 Oct 2010, 8:23 pm

No problems - when I first changed screens I thought I had to undo all of the bolts/screws holding the fairing on which was too many. You only have to remove the screws holding the 'inner' part of the fairing and be careful to jiggle out the instrument cluster to get to the lower two screws. It does seem a bit of mucking around but you definitely don't need to remove the whole fairing. I found it a bit difficult doing the bolts/screws back up because it is hard to know when they are tight enough. I managed to get them pretty tight but I was worried I was over-torquing them and expected someting to break at any moment - thankfully nothing did.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Sat 09 Oct 2010, 11:45 am

Well thanks for all the helpful tips, i diligently read them and got the full bottle prior to starting the job.... only problem being, that it appears i listened to absolutely nothing..... my girlfriend was basically holding me back from kicking the bike over and setting it on fire..... man that's a dickie connection with those bloody 'well nuts' and trying to find a black bolt on a black engine with nearly black (dark gray, don't know the proper colour) fairing sucks arse
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 09 Oct 2010, 12:22 pm

2010banditsa wrote:Well thanks for all the helpful tips, i diligently read them and got the full bottle prior to starting the job.... only problem being, that it appears i listened to absolutely nothing..... my girlfriend was basically holding me back from kicking the bike over and setting it on fire..... man that's a dickie connection with those bloody 'well nuts' and trying to find a black bolt on a black engine with nearly black (dark gray, don't know the proper colour) fairing sucks arse

The samething happened to me mate. and mine is silver. then couldn't get the fucking wellnut back in and then stay in, 2hours later (NOT HAPPY) i glued the fucker in Twisted Evil.
If i didn't nock the wellnut out the screen swap would of been a 30min job Mad

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Sat 09 Oct 2010, 9:46 pm

well thanks reardo, if nothing else i feel a bit better knowing im not the only one.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Mip Mon 08 Nov 2010, 7:29 pm

Ta,... I just fitted my eagle screen, took it very slowly and wriggled the screen out and put the new one in without any problems. made very sure i kept the rubber thingy in its place.

Mip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down