Brilliant .

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brilliant .

Post  gus on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 8:54 pm

I'm all for travelling light . So how about this for an idea .Carols thinks ive lost the plot , what started out as an idea while drinking beer has me thinking maybe its not so stupid after all .
 I love having a swim on any bike trip away .Trouble is how to dry oneself afterwards (or a shower at a camp ground )
Towel's are great but take forever to dry ,are bulky and not much fun if left on the line over night and it rains .
How about a car chamois .  Stop laughing and think about it ,
They are small .
Come in a plastic container .
You can ring them nearly dry .
They are cheap .
They are made to absorb water .
They weight nothing .
I think i'm onto something no matter what Carol thinks . Super Cheap here I come . silent
avatar
gus

Posts : 5714
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 67
Location : Cygnet ,Tasmania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  paul on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 8:59 pm

You might be onto something Gus ................don't tell supercheap what you are doing , or next thing you know they will be marketing his & hers chamois in gift packs at twice the price  Laughing

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7295
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 66
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  madmax on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:05 pm

Just do the first 10 or so ks nude, that should dry you out in no time. Laughing
Or maybe not........

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
2018 BMW R1200RS Exclusive
avatar
madmax

Posts : 4122
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 55
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  gus on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:13 pm

I leave for Tasmania on Saturday so i'm taking one .
avatar
gus

Posts : 5714
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 67
Location : Cygnet ,Tasmania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  Re-Cycled on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:16 pm

There are already Gym towels, similar idea. The container sounds like a good idea on the bike.
My brother had some sort of microfibre towel on our last trip.
I think Speedo have stolen your idea. Smile
PVA chamois
http://www.rebelsport.com.au/Product/Speedo-Chamois-Sports-Towel/45402101

...and microfibre.
http://www.anacondastores.com/camping-hiking/camping-toilets-showers/camping-washing-accessories/denali-microfibre-towel/p/90000719?gclid=Cj0KEQiAisy1BRD7_YSgpduD2cEBEiQAPR3UuC5uSNVtrXYnoKnt_vKWrfPRhNIP_fgfyJhweLMybUAaAnTJ8P8HAQ

_________________
Cheers Peter

'96 1200s Bandit
2007 DL1000 V Strom
avatar
Re-Cycled

Posts : 2211
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 60
Location : Newcastle

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  paul on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:31 pm

Well they pinched that idea bloody quick ..............I wouldn't let them know what you're up to next time you have a good idea Gus . Wink

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7295
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 66
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  gus on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:55 pm

I had a micro fiber towel . It should be called a RAG ., useless once used .
avatar
gus

Posts : 5714
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 67
Location : Cygnet ,Tasmania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  barry_mcki on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:20 pm

High dive swimmers have been using your idea as well Gus, you should be able to get them for royalties ...


_________________
Hacks - more smiles per mile  



Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
avatar
barry_mcki

Posts : 1692
Join date : 2010-04-10
Age : 61
Location : Hillwood, Tasmania

View user profile http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  Chook on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 5:30 am

@Re-Cycled wrote:There are already Gym towels, similar idea. The container sounds like a good idea on the bike.
My brother had some sort of microfibre towel on our last trip.
Micro fibre towels are very absorbent, light, and dry relatively quickly
avatar
Chook

Posts : 3326
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 54
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  underwater on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 5:52 am

Those towels work best on bare skin, so here's some advice, Gus.

SHAVE IT ALL

_________________

Airbox hole + K&N filter + Secondary butterflies removed + Leo Vince slipon + PAIR eliminator + PC5 + Autotune + Bikemaster Daytona Handlebar + Pyramid fender extender + Powerbronze hugger + TechSpec Gripsters + Oxford Sport heated grips + ZG Touring Screen + Full Givi bags including tanklock + GoCruise 2 throttle lock + lots of electric goodies

Any questions about my mods?  Just ask!
avatar
underwater

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  #Tag on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:29 am

(Methinks the above post is only stage one in Underwaters nefarious plan. Stage two will have Gus meandering around Tasmania with a full body brazillian and wearing a banana hammock. Oh, the humanity.)

Mind you, Gus, banana hammocks pack down very small and could be stored in the chamois container.

How about banana hammocks?  Stop laughing and think about it.
They are small .
They fit in a plastic container .
You can wring them nearly dry .
They are cheap .
They are made to not absorb water .
They weigh nothing .
I think your onto something no matter how nauseous Carol becomes . Rebel Sport here you come.


Last edited by #Tag on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
#Tag

Posts : 609
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Bega

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  paul on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:38 am

#Tag wrote:(Methinks the above post is only stage one in Underwaters nefarious plan. Stage two will have Gus meandering around Tasmania with a full body brazillian and wearing a banana hammock. Oh, the humanity.)

Mind you, Gus, banana hammocks pack down very small and could be stored in the chamois container
lol!      ( Somehow I think humility may have been more appropriate in this instance .....................although he may be doing it for the betterment of humanity Laughing ......good one Gus  Very Happy  )

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7295
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 66
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  gus on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 2:56 pm

Bald and hairy ,its just not fair .
avatar
gus

Posts : 5714
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 67
Location : Cygnet ,Tasmania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  paul on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 8:06 pm

@gus wrote:Bald and hairy ,its just not fair .
That must make for a really stunning comb over Gus .................. Laughing

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7295
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 66
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  2wheelsagain on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 8:36 pm

@gus wrote:I'm all for travelling light . So how about this for an idea .Carols thinks ive lost the plot , what started out as an idea while drinking beer has me thinking maybe its not so stupid after all .
 I love having a swim on any bike trip away .Trouble is how to dry oneself afterwards (or a shower at a camp ground )
Towel's are great but take forever to dry ,are bulky and not much fun if left on the line over night and it rains .
How about a car chamois .  Stop laughing and think about it ,
They are small .
Come in a plastic container .
You can ring them nearly dry .
They are cheap .
They are made to absorb water .
They weight nothing .
I think i'm onto something no matter what Carol thinks . Super Cheap here I come . silent
My gym towel is a chamois. its about twice as big as a car chamois. Still folds up to nothing and dries in about 20 mins.
I got it at a camping shop.

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6312
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 54
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  Re-Cycled on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 10:00 pm

@2wheelsagain wrote:
@gus wrote:I'm all for travelling light . So how about this for an idea .Carols thinks ive lost the plot , what started out as an idea while drinking beer has me thinking maybe its not so stupid after all .
 I love having a swim on any bike trip away .Trouble is how to dry oneself afterwards (or a shower at a camp ground )
Towel's are great but take forever to dry ,are bulky and not much fun if left on the line over night and it rains .
How about a car chamois .  Stop laughing and think about it ,
They are small .
Come in a plastic container .
You can ring them nearly dry .
They are cheap .
They are made to absorb water .
They weight nothing .
I think i'm onto something no matter what Carol thinks . Super Cheap here I come . silent
My gym towel is a chamois. its about twice as big as a car chamois. Still folds up to nothing and dries in about 20 mins.
I got it at a camping shop.

There you go, Gus, it doubles as a loin cloth, talk about packing light! lol!

_________________
Cheers Peter

'96 1200s Bandit
2007 DL1000 V Strom
avatar
Re-Cycled

Posts : 2211
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 60
Location : Newcastle

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  gus on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 7:29 am

Guys at work said " mate, that been used for donkeys "  I was shattered .LOL .
avatar
gus

Posts : 5714
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 67
Location : Cygnet ,Tasmania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  Bosco15 on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 7:47 am

Yeah. I've been chamoising my donkey for ages. 
Helps to bring out the shine in her coat. Razz


Last edited by Bosco15 on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

_________________
Some people are like slinkys. Not good for anything but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
avatar
Bosco15

Posts : 1357
Join date : 2013-12-04
Age : 49
Location : Newcastle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  gus on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:09 pm

Carol took a towel so of cause I used that . ( Embarassed )
avatar
gus

Posts : 5714
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 67
Location : Cygnet ,Tasmania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  reddog on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:23 pm

I thought you may have dropped in on us mate. We had a spa and a sauna at our disposal.
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2513
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 40
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  madmax on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:41 pm

@reddog wrote:I thought you may have dropped in on us mate. We had a spa and a sauna at our disposal.

And a couple of T-shirts too

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
2018 BMW R1200RS Exclusive
avatar
madmax

Posts : 4122
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 55
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  gus on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:06 pm

I planed to catch up on Sunday but everyone wanted out seats (stand ) so I dare not move for too long .
avatar
gus

Posts : 5714
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 67
Location : Cygnet ,Tasmania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  madmax on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:15 pm

@gus wrote:I planed to catch up on Sunday but everyone wanted out seats (stand ) so I dare not move for too long .

You should have sung out, one of us would have come to you.



_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
2018 BMW R1200RS Exclusive
avatar
madmax

Posts : 4122
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 55
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  Chook on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:08 pm

@reddog wrote:I thought you may have dropped in on us mate. We had a spa and a sauna at our disposal.
......... and a couple of T shirts that kept going to the track and back. The only person that had room to carry them from the island was Barry in his sidecar, you'll have to contact him to arrange postage
avatar
Chook

Posts : 3326
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 54
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  2wheelsagain on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 1:39 pm

Im surprised I got mine without beer and pizza stains or cigarette ash

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6312
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 54
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Brilliant .

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum