wife wants to go touring

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wife wants to go touring

Post  Jimcoleman on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 3:27 pm

after some nudging, my wife has agreed to do some touring with me. So i went looking for some panniers as i sold mine a year or so ago ( dumb arse)  and me old mate tag had some battle scarred ones in his shed that he has given up on using so after agreeing on right amount of money i am the proud owner of some Givi Panniers.

A tube of epoxy glue, a little sand, some paint and the right pannier is watertight again, fitted them up. But once again my Svelte GSX1250 has a Kardashian bum so in order to make it legal i put these on it i hope it helps


_________________
Blue GSX1250FA
avatar
Jimcoleman

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2011-08-03
Age : 49
Location : Merimbula , NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  paul on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 4:16 pm

You could just about take the whole family Jim ..... Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P-wjH-tze0&feature=youtu.be

They might look big , but they are bloody useful on a trip . Very Happy

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6952
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  Chook on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 4:39 pm

Now your bike has the same fat arse as mine when I go touring, might not be the prettiest look but they are bloody convenient
avatar
Chook

Posts : 2927
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 52
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  madmax on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 5:15 pm

@paul wrote:You could just about take the whole family Jim ..... Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P-wjH-tze0&feature=youtu.be

Bloody hell 8 on a bike!

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3869
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 53
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  madmax on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 5:16 pm

@Jimcoleman wrote:after some nudging, my wife has agreed to do some touring with me. So i went looking for some panniers as i sold mine a year or so ago ( dumb arse)  and me old mate tag had some battle scarred ones in his shed that he has given up on using so after agreeing on right amount of money i am the proud owner of some Givi Panniers.

A tube of epoxy glue, a little sand, some paint and the right pannier is watertight again, fitted them up. But once again my Svelte GSX1250 has a Kardashian bum so in order to make it legal i put these on it i hope it helps


Are your indicators inside the led taillight Jim?

BTW you'll have to change those stickers, not legal like that, you've got 2 left ones I think

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3869
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 53
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  Chook on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 5:26 pm

@madmax wrote:
BTW you'll have to change those stickers, not legal like that, you've got 2 left ones I think
Correct, and you only have to display Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle once, the one on the left sign will do for that Wink
avatar
Chook

Posts : 2927
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 52
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  2wheelsagain on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 5:38 pm

SPIDER. Know anyone who might let one go? lol!

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6191
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  Jimcoleman on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 7:17 pm

@madmax wrote:
@Jimcoleman wrote:after some nudging, my wife has agreed to do some touring with me. So i went looking for some panniers as i sold mine a year or so ago ( dumb arse)  and me old mate tag had some battle scarred ones in his shed that he has given up on using so after agreeing on right amount of money i am the proud owner of some Givi Panniers.

A tube of epoxy glue, a little sand, some paint and the right pannier is watertight again, fitted them up. But once again my Svelte GSX1250 has a Kardashian bum so in order to make it legal i put these on it i hope it helps


Are your indicators inside the led taillight Jim?

BTW you'll have to change those stickers, not legal like that, you've got 2 left ones I think
Yes mate they are

_________________
Blue GSX1250FA
avatar
Jimcoleman

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2011-08-03
Age : 49
Location : Merimbula , NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  #Tag on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 7:49 pm

OMG, you didn't did you?  Wait......you have......you've cleaned them.

I didn't agree to that, no how, no way.
avatar
#Tag

Posts : 609
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Bega

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  madmax on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 7:50 pm

@Jimcoleman wrote:
@madmax wrote:
Are your indicators inside the led taillight Jim?

Yes mate they are

Had any trouble with mister plod?

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3869
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 53
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  Jimcoleman on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 9:04 pm

@madmax wrote:
@Jimcoleman wrote:
@madmax wrote:
Are your indicators inside the led taillight Jim?

Yes mate they are

Had any trouble with mister plod?
not to date, I put it on Cascade and its really Bright and easy to see

_________________
Blue GSX1250FA
avatar
Jimcoleman

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2011-08-03
Age : 49
Location : Merimbula , NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  barry_mcki on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 9:24 pm

Think there's an ADR about bike indicators needing to be a minimum of 300mm apart - that's why I didn't wire up the indicator LEDs in my new taillight when I fitted it.

Now where do we get those miniature "keep clear labels".... Very Happy


_________________
Hacks - more smiles per mile  



Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
avatar
barry_mcki

Posts : 1612
Join date : 2010-04-10
Age : 60
Location : Hillwood, Tasmania

View user profile http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  Chook on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 9:26 pm

@barry_mcki wrote:Think there's an ADR about bike indicators needing to be a minimum of 300mm apart - that's why I didn't wire up the indicator LEDs in my new taillight when I fitted it.

Now where do we get those miniature "keep clear labels".... Very Happy

No need for the small ones on your Kenworth barry, just use the standard ones
avatar
Chook

Posts : 2927
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 52
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: wife wants to go touring

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum