Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

silly fuel gauge update

4 posters

Go down

silly fuel gauge update Empty silly fuel gauge update

Post  oli70 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 4:12 pm

Three weeks later and have tried everything under the sun.new float and sensor,checked all connections and breather pipes.Have worked out now that it must be a temperature related issue.when going to work in morning it mostly works fine at around 20 degrees but coming home in arvo at over 30 degrees the fuel icon runs from left to right.has got me stuffed.first mechanical issue in 30 years I cant solve.arrggghhh.

oli70

Back to top Go down

silly fuel gauge update Empty Re: silly fuel gauge update

Post  Chalkie Tue 22 Dec 2015, 5:07 pm

Change to the afternoon shift - problem solved.

Chalkie
Chalkie
Chalkie

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 22 Dec 2015, 8:03 pm

Are you sure the issue isn't in the dash? If you've replaced everything else then it's a fair candidate
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 22 Dec 2015, 8:56 pm

oli70 wrote:Three weeks later and have tried everything under the sun.new float and sensor,checked all connections and breather pipes.Have worked out now that it must be a temperature related issue.when going to work in morning it mostly works fine at around 20 degrees but coming home in arvo at over 30 degrees the fuel icon runs from left to right.has got me stuffed.first mechanical issue in 30 years I cant solve.arrggghhh.
Depending on your comfort with mechanical/electrical repair you could try wiring a fixed resistor in place of the tank sender. Make sure you don't run out of fuel. Say if you do it at the tank you can eliminate the stuff in the tank, I'm sure it's fairly simple, surely it doesn't go through the ECU so you should be able to wire a resistance to simulate a half tank at the dash, that should tell you if it's the gauge, if it's temperature sensitive it doesn't sound like wiring.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  oli70 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 4:03 pm

Sounds like i might have to do that.Thanks for the good advice.Still puzzles me why it would work sometimes and seems to get worse also when fuel gets less in tank.Guess this is my christmas mystery/challenge.

oli70

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:18 pm

If you knew the resistor values a variable resistor would be just the trick
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down