Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Aid For Motorcyclists courses - Clare Valley and Adelaide (Sth)

5 posters

Go down

First Aid For Motorcyclists courses - Clare Valley and Adelaide (Sth) Empty First Aid For Motorcyclists courses - Clare Valley and Adelaide (Sth)

Post  Chook Tue 17 Nov 2015, 1:15 pm

This popped up on the MRA SA Facebook page, it looks like it'd be a worthwhile course. 

If I wasn't going to be somewhere between Melbourne and Adelaide on the way home from the WSBK's and Alpine Ride I'd have done the Flagstaff Hill course

Saturday 5th March 2016 - Auburn

Sunday 6th March 2016 - Flagstaff Hill

see the below link for details

https://www.facebook.com/groups/110886518945906/1109741409060407/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity

They run courses in other states as well

http://www.firstaidformotorcyclists.com.au/
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

First Aid For Motorcyclists courses - Clare Valley and Adelaide (Sth) Empty Re: First Aid For Motorcyclists courses - Clare Valley and Adelaide (Sth)

Post  paul Tue 17 Nov 2015, 6:01 pm

I think you should make an effort & come back to do it Chook ................what if we're out on a ride & I need mouth to mouth or something  affraid

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

First Aid For Motorcyclists courses - Clare Valley and Adelaide (Sth) Empty Re: First Aid For Motorcyclists courses - Clare Valley and Adelaide (Sth)

Post  reddog Tue 17 Nov 2015, 6:46 pm

Note to self, don't ride with Paul

Back on topic it's good to see they cover WA too
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 17 Nov 2015, 7:04 pm

reddog wrote:Note to self, don't ride with Paul

Laughing
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 9:49 pm

Bev and I did it. It won't turn you into a paramedic but it will give you some confidence to deal with a situation that involves a downed rider. It is not simply 'another first aid course'.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:06 am

paul wrote:I think you should make an effort & come back to do it Chook ................what if we're out on a ride & I need mouth to mouth or something  affraid

RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:16 am

Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:I think you should make an effort & come back to do it Chook ................what if we're out on a ride & I need mouth to mouth or something  affraid

RIP
lol!  Funny you should say that ............the medical officer at work said if I ever needed mouth to mouth , I was going to die .............I see a pattern emerging  pale   Sad  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:32 am

Ewok1958 wrote:Bev and I did it. It won't turn you into a paramedic but it will give you some confidence to deal with a situation that involves a downed rider. It is not simply 'another first aid course'.
I guess all you can hope for if you have a off and are lying there waiting for help is someone coming along to deal with the situation, make it as safe as possible and treat you appropriately until the real professionals arrive
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:35 am

Chook wrote:
Ewok1958 wrote:Bev and I did it. It won't turn you into a paramedic but it will give you some confidence to deal with a situation that involves a downed rider. It is not simply 'another first aid course'.
I guess all you can hope for if you have a off and are lying there waiting for help is someone coming along to deal with the situation, make it as safe as possible and treat you appropriately until the real professionals arrive
I think the course is a great idea & may look into it. especially if it's a motorcycle specific one

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:37 am

Probably the biggest thing to improve roadside first aid in the last 20 years.  Must surely be the mobile phone.  How many of us carry one ?  And you can usually get reception in most places these days. ( except Drake )

Stay safe everyone this Summer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down