Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpine Ride after the WSBK's

+6
#Tag
Hammy
Re-Cycled
paul
2wheelsagain
barry_mcki
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Alpine Ride after the WSBK's - Page 4 Empty Alpine Ride after the WSBK's

Post  Chook Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought I'd separate this from the main WSBK thread so the 2 don't get lost within each other.

A few of us are planning  a ride through the Alps after the WSBK meet in February, leaving the Island Monday morning and I'm planning on being back in Melbourne by Thursday afternoon.

Chatting with madmax last night we think we'll just wing it re: accommodation so there's no pressure to be in a certain location each night.

I'm pretty sure Tag said he'll catch us up on the Tuesday and if IIRC there was myself, madmax, Ewok, Hammy (+mate?) leaving on the Monday, were you up for it as well Barry?

Ewok had suggested a route on the 1st page of the WSBK thread which looks like it'd take in some awesome country side and roads

Ewok1958 wrote:Sunday: watch the races and stay overnight.
Monday: Philip Island - Reefton Spur - Mansfield - Bright (overnight Bright - it has a great pub, local brewery and some excellent accommodation)
Tuesday: Bright - Mt Beauty - Falls Creek - Omeo - Bruthen - Traralgon (overnight Traralgon).  You simply will not believe the riding on this day until you experience it - it involves crossing the Vic Alps.
Wednesday: Traralgon - Open Cut Mine (for pics) - Licola (for lunch) - Walhalla - Traralgon (overnight Traralgon).  Not quite a rest day but some great riding.  There are extra options!

Ewok, your Day 1 suggestion, is Google maps way out with it's estimate, although it's only 532KM it's suggesting it's a near on 10 hour ride?

Alpine Ride after the WSBK's - Page 4 2aaj2o1
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Alpine Ride after the WSBK's - Page 4 Empty Re: Alpine Ride after the WSBK's

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 19 Jan 2016, 1:02 pm

I'm hoping to catch up with you lot somewhere along the way.
Almost at the stage where I say f^%k work. I want my summer back geek

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 19 Jan 2016, 2:39 pm

madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:I'll bet that after a few beers/wines around the table and a lot of debate. A satisfactory route will emerge for every ones liking.  Now for the serious stuff !   Who's cooking the first BBQ  ?   scratch

The girls

Evil or Very Mad

BBQs are blokes work mm, beer in the left hand, tongs in the right, leave them to make the salads and (as I run for cover) do the dishes!!
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 19 Jan 2016, 3:17 pm

Chook wrote:
madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:I'll bet that after a few beers/wines around the table and a lot of debate. A satisfactory route will emerge for every ones liking.  Now for the serious stuff !   Who's cooking the first BBQ  ?   scratch

The girls

Evil or Very Mad

BBQs are blokes work mm, beer in the left hand, tongs in the right, leave them to make the salads and (as I run for cover) do the dishes!!

Mate I'll be in the spa with a beer in both hands.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 19 Jan 2016, 4:21 pm

Chook wrote:
If I'm within a hour or so from Melbourne I'd probably head straight there on the Wednesday instead of staying in Taggerty, .....Alternatively, I could stay at Taggerty, a more relaxed ride Thursday with more time to look around on the way, do my Melbourne stuff Friday and head for the Grampians on the Saturday instead of Friday, that would have me in Frances Sunday night instead (would that still suit you Barry?)

I think it would be better to head back to Melb on the Wed afternoon if we're that close.  I'm planning to spend a day or so around Mt Gambier way then get the basic route you have planned Chook of the GOR and ferry to Sorrento.  If we don't leave Melb until the Saturday it will make things a bit too tight for the rest of the trip for me.

Alpine Ride after the WSBK's - Page 4 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 19 Jan 2016, 4:29 pm

madmax wrote:

The girls

Don't be silly.  By the time they wash all the bikes, Polish and wax them.  Do the laundry, go get the beer and food, time will be getting on.  Big Sigh.  I suppose us blokes will have to do it.   Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 19 Jan 2016, 4:53 pm

Hammy wrote:
madmax wrote:

The girls

Don't be silly.  By the time they wash all the bikes, Polish and wax them.  Do the laundry, go get the beer and food, time will be getting on.  Big Sigh.  I suppose us blokes will have to do it.   Rolling Eyes

I see you point ol' enlightened one

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4