Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW......anybody been watching the news?

+10
barry_mcki
Ewok1958
Bosco15
paul
Human Potato
Chook
Baz
reddog
Hammy
mtbeerwah
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

VW......anybody been watching the news? Empty VW......anybody been watching the news?

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 23 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

So...one of the worlds biggest brands tarnished by lying of emission claims!!

They purposely developed software, to cheat emission standard claims while been tested.

It is now stated that 11million cars world wide, have been fitted with cheating software, to pass emission laws, and VW, well, they`re in big trouble.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

VW......anybody been watching the news? Empty Re: VW......anybody been watching the news?

Post  Hammy Wed 23 Sep 2015, 9:52 am

And VW now owns some other prestigious brands that will probably be affected as well.  The ceo will be the first to go.

Back to top Go down

VW......anybody been watching the news? Empty Re: VW......anybody been watching the news?

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 23 Sep 2015, 9:57 am

Exactly right.

A can of worms has just been opened, and I`m on the edge of my seat, not only for who they also own, but the rest of the world manufacturers,  to be scrutinized over world standards.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 23 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm

California is to blame Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 23 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm

I just read that the fines could be over 30 BILLION dollars.  Now that's a lot of money. Even for Dr Evil.
VW......anybody been watching the news? Facebook-acquires-instagram-570x300

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:25 pm

Hammy wrote:I just read that the fines could be over 30 BILLION dollars.  Now that's a lot of money. Even for Dr Evil.
and it will buy me a lot of motorcycles too....  muhahahahaha ..... muhahahahahahahahaha

actually I was looking at getting a VW next vehicle, just waiting on lotto to give me a call

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

well mate, with any luck, they might be giving them away
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 23 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:Exactly right.

A can of worms has just been opened, and I`m on the edge of my seat, not only for who they also own, but the rest of the world manufacturers,  to be scrutinized over world standards.
I'm very interested in seeing what comes of this, from 2006 to 2010 most of my days were spent doing ADR, IM240 and DT80 drive cycle emission testing, the 1st year was mostly diesel testing for a test and repair program we did for the Commonwealth Government, I can't recall if we tested any VW (or their derivatives) products but am sure we probably did as we tested hundreds of vehicles from light passenger cars and utes through to prime movers loaded up to simulate a 120,000kg load
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Human Potato Wed 23 Sep 2015, 6:37 pm

Back in my day (might still be the same) CPU's were benchmarked by repeatedly running subsets of Microsoft Office algorithms to see how quickly they would run office applications compared to their rivals.  It wasn't long till it was discovered that some of the CPU's were actually optimised just for these benchmarking routines, providing much higher performance results than would be achieved in actual use.
Human Potato
Human Potato

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 23 Sep 2015, 7:06 pm

Baz wrote:
Hammy wrote:I just read that the fines could be over 30 BILLION dollars.  Now that's a lot of money. Even for Dr Evil.
and it will buy me a lot of motorcycles too....  muhahahahaha ..... muhahahahahahahahaha

actually I was looking at getting a VW next vehicle, just waiting on lotto to give me a call
Hey Baz , I just noticed you look just like Dr Evil  Razz  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 23 Sep 2015, 7:11 pm

Probably a few modified vehicle owners wouldn't mind getting hold of that software  Twisted Evil

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:34 am

It's all a sinister marketing ploy.
Vw is going to cough up all the dough then replace everyones diesel cars with their new Zero emission nuclear powered cars. 
This way Vw becomes the Green manufacturer and wins hearts and minds around the world.

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:41 am

Bosco15 wrote:It's all a sinister marketing ploy.
Vw is going to cough up all the dough then replace everyones diesel cars with their new Zero emission nuclear powered cars. 
This way Vw becomes the Green manufacturer and wins hearts and minds around the world.

that's a hell of a marketing ploy
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:47 am

It's been a long time coming.  
It all started when a bloke with a funny little mustache had an idea for a "Peoples Car"

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:50 am

BOSCO !     It's half past midnight.  Put the Bong away and get to bed.

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:52 am

Bosco15 wrote:It's been a long time coming.  
It all started when a bloke with a funny little mustache had an idea for a "Peoples Car"

ahh, the people`s favourite.

I seem to have forgotten, what happen to him again....... affraid
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:59 am

Hammy wrote:

BOSCO !     It's half past midnight.  Put the Bong away and get to bed.

Lmao! Razz

More emmissions than a VW!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 24 Sep 2015, 8:01 am

Blame VW for the global warming.  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 24 Sep 2015, 8:16 am

Hammy wrote:Blame VW for the global warming.  Razz
it all started with their founder, even in death he's going to destroy us all...............................
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 12:29 pm

Hammy wrote:Blame VW for the global warming.  Razz

Except that they've now proven that the planet is cooling down! That's why the terminology became "climate change" after "global warning" was found to just mass hysteria. Rolling Eyes
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 24 Sep 2015, 4:17 pm

It's all too much. "Global warming" , "Climate change" , "Tyre kicking" , "Lady boys" .  What hope have we got ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 6:33 pm

Hammy wrote:It's all too much. "Global warming" , "Climate change" , "Tyre kicking" , "Lady boys" .  What hope have we got ?

alien alien  to the rescue! sunny
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:11 pm

This is enough to make you crack up......

VW......anybody been watching the news? Cheeky10

(Pic from today's paper, needless to say local constabulary were not happy )

VW......anybody been watching the news? Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:20 am

Well she " obviously " doesn't have piles , I wonder why she doesn't sit down ?  Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 25 Sep 2015, 6:57 am

paul wrote:Well she " obviously " doesn't have piles , I wonder why she doesn't sit down ?  Razz

Because she was stuck to his back !

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum