Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED blinkers

Go down

LED blinkers Empty LED blinkers

Post  rolls Fri 03 Sep 2010, 4:23 pm

I'm on paternity leave at the moment, so I've had a bit of spare time to play with my baby(??). Over the past few weeks I've been looking around at different blinker set ups available and spotted a couple of bits on ebay that I thought would suit. I bought a pair of diamond shape lights that fit into the fairings on Suzukis. They are quite small and like most led lights are quite directional, and can be seen from the side, but not very well for the front of the bike, so I bought a pair of flexible stick on strips to go on the hand guards.

The flasher circuit on bikes is a tuned circuit and if the resistance drops, from blowing a bulb, then the rate that they flash at increases alerting you to the problem. Because LEDs use so little power, the flasher relay in the bike mistakenly thinks you have a blown bulb when you have hooked up led blinkers. So if you are looking at led blinkers you will need a new flasher relay as well, a dedicated 7 pin unit for Suzukis and not a $10 3-pin unit from supercheap. To buy them in Australia they are about $100 or more, but if you look on ebay they start at about $44 delivered. I got mine from Germany - http://stores.ebay.com.au/lights4all

LED blinkers Side10
LED blinkers Closeg10

Last edited by rolls on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor spelling)
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down