Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ripped Off - Pay At Bowser

2 posters

Go down

Ripped Off - Pay At Bowser Empty Ripped Off - Pay At Bowser

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 30 Aug 2010, 9:11 pm

Ok I'm waiting to see some detail from the bank but I think I have been ripped off at my local Mobil where I go for the convienence of paying at the pump with full gear on (less gloves).
On friday after work I topped up as usual and chucked $10 or $12 in the Bandit. While paying a couple of bills over the weekend I see $60 debited and so far no vendor detail just Debit Auth whatever that means. Seeing as all my other transactions are listed except for the fuel I'm guessing thats what it is.
So how can this happen? There was no one waiting behind me when I left the pump. I think the pump switched off when I hung up. I doubt they would keep video more than 48hrs.
Any tips on a course of action?

Even the Poms dont pay $60 for 10lt of 91RON!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Ripped Off - Pay At Bowser Empty Re: Ripped Off - Pay At Bowser

Post  dhula Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:26 am

i've never paid at the pump so forgive silly questions.

do you have a receipt with time, day and how much fuel you got and what you paid.
If so wait until the bank shows what the transaction is for and if the bank says $60 but your reciept (if you avhe one) says $12 then take it up with the bank as it will more than likely be an error that they can sort out on your behalf.
Even if you haven't got a receipt take it up with the bank, plead your case and see how you go.

If you go to the servo they will tell you that you need to sort it with the bank

dhula

Back to top Go down

Ripped Off - Pay At Bowser Empty Re: Ripped Off - Pay At Bowser

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 31 Aug 2010, 8:36 am

dhula wrote:i've never paid at the pump so forgive silly questions.

do you have a receipt with time, day and how much fuel you got and what you paid.

And herein lies one of the problems. I declined when I had the option of a receipt. Always have.
Further development. I logged onto the bank this morning and the transaction date has changed to today! Still with Debit Auth as the only description. The GF will be marching into the bank today. Note to all at the bank. Do what the red head says lol

No silly questions mate.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down