Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corbin/Holeshot Seat

2 posters

Go down

seat - Corbin/Holeshot Seat Empty Corbin/Holeshot Seat

Post  Dekenai Wed 09 Sep 2009, 2:36 pm

I bought the Holeshot/Corbin seat from Alister and received it yesterday,(thanks Alister), so far I have done about 30kms and these are my initial observations.

First impression is that this is very much a sports seat, its pretty firm if not hard and it seems to push you further back away and down the bike, I have rotated my bars back further and will see if this helps to restore the ride position. The + side is that the lower center of gravity does seem to make the bike better in the corners, and it also seems like it is easier to move around on the bike. The bump gives you a nice positive stop, and so there’s not as much holding on to be done. You also notice the firmness when you hit a bump, you certainly seem to get more transmitted through and now I reckon there’s too much compression damping on the rear, anyway I have a Ohlins unit coming so we will see how this works. The other thing I notice is that it doesn’t sit on the bike as well as the stocker, there’s nearly a 1 cm gap at the back between the seat and the tail cone. Overall, looks nice and works very well as a sports seat, but I may need to revert to the standard seat for any touring work…this is a pity as I had hoped to improve in this area; (but I find that if you slip your bum back to the hump on the stocker it’s a lot more comfortable for touring), as this seat is lower than stock, (by about 25 mm), riders who are 6ft plus may find their legs a bit cramped. Finally, it is a little heavier than the stock seat.

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

seat - Corbin/Holeshot Seat Empty Re: Corbin/Holeshot Seat

Post  1836 Fri 11 Sep 2009, 7:18 pm

Do they manufacture a seat more suitable for touring? or is the 'sports' style their only option?

Back to top Go down

seat - Corbin/Holeshot Seat Empty Holeshot/Corbin seat

Post  Dekenai Sat 12 Sep 2009, 4:21 am

1836 wrote:Do they manufacture a seat more suitable for touring? or is the 'sports' style their only option?

Sorry don't know. I would suggest asking at Maximum Suzuki or TWT as the US guys are heavily into changing seats and I hear them saying good things about the Sargent seat. Trouble is they are expensive, (Alister the Holeshot/Corbin was about $675 landed), and a better option might be to have your seat redone by a competent motorcycle seat upholsterer, maybe SA Riders will have some names.

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

seat - Corbin/Holeshot Seat Empty Re: Corbin/Holeshot Seat

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down