Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat

5 posters

Go down

seat - Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat Empty Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat

Post  Ghostbandit Thu 01 Jan 2015, 9:58 pm

I had been weighing up my options with the bandits seat, I really wanted a proper single seat set up to help tidy up the big blue girl, I noticed dale walker from Holeshot performance had done up a nice seat so got a hold of him, he said he I fact had been designing a brand new single seat for the bandit and wasn't far away. So 4 weeks later I chased him up to find out the first couple of seats had been completed. I got him to price me delivery to Australia, once the order had been placed and paid, it only took 8 days to get to my home in qld from the states!. In boxing it was done by my lovely missus and she was extremely impressed with how it was boxed and protected from the long distance journey. 

It took a couple of rides to get a good feel for the seat as you very much sit into the bike not on top like the original. It's a firm seat but have been told to expect it to break in over the next couple of tho Ks. Handling wise this seat but to its design really gives you confidence to push the bike even further. I have found the big girl flicks so much easier than the original and I find it even easier to get a good lean up whilst cornering.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase, not it's far from cheap, and our exchange rate certainly doesn't help with that, but I would do it again in a heart beat. Twisted Evil

seat - Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat Imagejpg1-3

seat - Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat Imagejpg1-2

seat - Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat Imagejpg1-5
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

seat - Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat Empty Re: Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 02 Jan 2015, 6:41 am

Looks good mate. How much lower than stock does it have you sitting? It looks pretty low.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

seat - Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat Empty Re: Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat

Post  Chook Fri 02 Jan 2015, 7:03 am

2wheelsagain wrote: It looks pretty low.
I was thinking the same, nice looking seat
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Fri 02 Jan 2015, 8:26 am

Chook wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote: It looks pretty low.
I was thinking the same, nice looking seat
At the rear of the seat it's 1" lower, I guess for taller people this could make you feel a little cramped, but I don't suffer that ailment as I'm um vertically challenged lol!
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  spike47 Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:06 pm

Me too haha. How much easier is it putting your feet on the ground now? I would really appreciate that extra inch closer to the road....

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Sat 03 Jan 2015, 1:41 am

spike47 wrote:Me too haha. How much easier is it putting your feet on the ground now? I would really appreciate that extra inch closer to the road....

Oddly enough spike with how it's designed I find it slightly harder for the feet to hit the ground, I think it's due to the front of the seat being raised slightly, and it's slightly wider to give more support. I was hoping that it would cure the issue of this, alas not. I might still look at lowering the bike,
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  spike47 Sat 03 Jan 2015, 6:26 am

Ghostbandit wrote:
spike47 wrote:Me too haha. How much easier is it putting your feet on the ground now? I would really appreciate that extra inch closer to the road....

Oddly enough spike with how it's designed I find it slightly harder for the feet to hit the ground, I think it's due to the front of the seat being raised slightly, and it's slightly wider to give more support. I was hoping that it would cure the issue of this, alas not. I might still look at lowering the bike,

For me that's the deal breaker for me but does look more comfy though. Thanks for the valuable info, much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 03 Jan 2015, 6:47 am

Spike - if you can come to the Parkes meet, there will be a couple of Bandits with Corbin seats you could check out. Mine, whilst not the new single, looks like the rider section is exactly the same shape and height.

seat - Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  spike47 Sat 03 Jan 2015, 8:39 am

barry_mcki wrote:Spike - if you can come to the Parkes meet, there will be a couple of Bandits with Corbin seats you could check out.  Mine, whilst not the new single, looks like the rider section is exactly the same shape and height.

Due to work commitment I can't participate in this meet. I agree though Barry, it would have been a good opportunity to try a few alternate options to the OEM seat.
Bummer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Sat 03 Jan 2015, 11:47 am

spike47 wrote:
Ghostbandit wrote:

For me that's the deal breaker for me but does look more comfy though. Thanks for the valuable info, much appreciated.

Yea I must admit at first I was disappointed as I thought the same, but the gains I got from having the new seat outweighs that inconvenience, lol! plus it looks sexy jocolor
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Sat 03 Jan 2015, 11:51 am

spike47 wrote:
barry_mcki wrote:Spike - if you can come to the Parkes meet, there will be a couple of Bandits with Corbin seats you could check out.  Mine, whilst not the new single, looks like the rider section is exactly the same shape and height.

Due to work commitment I can't participate in this meet. I agree though Barry, it would have been a good opportunity to try a few alternate options to the OEM seat.
Bummer.

This would be ideal, to be able to try a few before committing to a fairly large outlay.
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 03 Jan 2015, 2:49 pm

Actually I was being a bit tunnel visioned, there are more than just the Corbins in our ranks, we have OEM gel seats, Sargents, ACM, as well as custom cut local upholsters plus others.

Get togethers like Parkes and other rides are great opportunities to not only catch up and make new mates, but also see how others have setup their steeds.

seat - Holeshot/Corbin street fighter single seat Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Sat 03 Jan 2015, 3:53 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Actually I was being a bit tunnel visioned, there are more than just the Corbins in our ranks, we have OEM gel seats, Sargents, ACM, as well as custom cut local upholsters plus others.  

Get togethers like Parkes and other rides are great opportunities to not only catch up and make new mates, but also see how others have setup their steeds.

Honestly, If I had the chance to try a few different seats I would have, I did sit on an older style Corbin seat on a bandit at my local suzuki dealer. But it was a fair bit taller than my new one. I would have loved to sit on a Sargent one but didnt have anyone close to try it. Also given my bike is now single seat regoed I really wanted a proper single seat to negate the possibility of an ansy cop or traffic inspector dragging me over the coals. I had toyed up with getting my genuine one re done, but also wanted the option to switch back at a later stage if I decided to start having a pillion and re regoing as a double seater. But def agree everyone should try before you buy, I just decided that with my limited options to take the risk.
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down