Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue

5 posters

Go down

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Empty Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue

Post  Mpottsy Fri 19 Dec 2014, 4:36 pm

Hi All

as some if not all of you know a while back good ol' Gus shared a very heartfelt story with us all, which I am please to say prompted many other members to share their stories me being one of them. Gus' Story

My Story started due to injury and has continued for many years since battling 'Depression', I am happy to say that I am better and have come out of the other end of what i can only describe as a long dark tunnel. As such I have decided to participate in the up coming Canberra half marathon (April 2015) and I will be running as a charity runner for Beyond Blue.

This is the Cheeky bit..........  I am looking for sponsorship for this great charity who do great work for people suffering with depression, raising awareness and helping those in need like myself. I thank you all in advance if you choose to help me raise funds for these great people.

My Supporter Page

Many Thanks

Mark

Wishing You all a very merry christmas and a happy new year rendeersanta

I shall be training in the snow of Europe for the next 5 weeks Smile

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Empty Re: Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue

Post  Paul 1250 Fri 19 Dec 2014, 5:59 pm

Hi Mark,
All the best and thanks for having a go, my family and I just returned home from a funeral today, a close family friend lost their son to suicide last Sunday, a tragic and very sad story, 29 and 2 small kids.
Organisations like this could have possibly helped, we will happily support you on your journey.

Paul

Paul 1250

Back to top Go down

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Empty Re: Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue

Post  Mpottsy Fri 19 Dec 2014, 6:13 pm

Paul 1250 wrote:Hi Mark,
All the best and thanks for having a go, my family and I just returned home from a funeral today, a close family friend lost their son to suicide last Sunday, a tragic and very sad story, 29 and 2 small kids.
Organisations like this could have possibly helped, we will happily support you on your journey.

Paul
Paul

I thank you so much I will bore you all with details of how I am going and photos too.

cheers

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 19 Dec 2014, 6:16 pm

That is tragic, imagine the hardship of having to train in Europe! Smile

I'll be glad to chip in, too.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Fri 19 Dec 2014, 6:25 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:That is tragic, imagine the hardship of having to train in Europe! Smile

I'll be glad to chip in, too.

This is what I have to look forward too. Flying out to the UK on Sunday and then in two weeks time After New Year in Paris with the Wife i have 3 weeks of this as I'm working in Hamburg

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue <a href=Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Hambur10" />

Thank you for your support.

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 19 Dec 2014, 8:03 pm

That looks like a typical Canberra forecast anyway, so really you're actually just getting acclimatised  Smile

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Wed 24 Dec 2014, 8:26 am

barry_mcki wrote:That looks like a typical Canberra forecast anyway, so really you're actually just getting acclimatised  Smile
if its acclimatising then this mornings run was a Bloody great shock. wind chill this morning at 6am was -5 degrees

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

I just wanted to give you all a quick update on my progress so far. Today I have been confirmed today as a Gold Charity position for my upcoming Half Marathon.

This for me is a great honour and I will do all I can for ‪#‎beyondblue‬ in the upcoming Canberra Half Marathon. As such please help me to reach my goal of raising $1000 for a very worthy organisation.

Thank you to all who have sponsored me so far, your kind donations are helping me to strive to take part in this event and to finish well. With a little under 8 weeks until the big day 12th April every donation will count.

Thank you all again
https://runningfestival2015.everydayhero.com/au/mark-1

Here are some photos of various runs i have recently completed from my training.
Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue 5kmh_b10
Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Monday10
Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Traini10

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:29 pm

Keep the training up Mark, good luck and don't fall in the lake, some of those carp are over a metre long Shocked

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue B_post10
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Tue 17 Feb 2015, 6:37 am

ouch they could suck my toes right off LaughingLaughingLaughing

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Sun 15 Mar 2015, 11:50 am

4 Weeks to go TODAY What a Face

Training is still going well. here is an update on the types of runs i am now doing over the remaining 4 weeks. On average i am completing around 40km per week in short and long runs. I am also very pleased that I am close to reaching my sponsorship target of $1000. Thanks you everyone who has sponsored me so far 

One of the most helpful things i have found is to join my local Parkrun a very social group of people of all abilities just out for a run jog or stroll to keep fit and healthy. 

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Sydoly10
I was particularly pleased with this run as I had my fastest KM pace at 4:10s per km

Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Park_r10

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Sun 15 Mar 2015, 2:53 pm

I Just popped a few dollars into your fundraising jar.. good luck with the Marathon!

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[Canberra half Marathon in aid of Beyond Blue Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Sun 15 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm

SuzySuzuki wrote:I Just popped a few dollars into your fundraising jar.. good luck with the Marathon!

Thank you very much Smile every little helps and goes a long way to helping with this illness which has struck so many of our good friends.

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum