Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok I guess I'm just strange.

+2
potatomasher
Saikhan
6 posters

Go down

Ok I guess I'm just strange. Empty Ok I guess I'm just strange.

Post  Saikhan Thu 15 Jul 2010, 9:27 pm

I have removed my Corbin seat and put the (more comfortable) stock seat back on. Two of my regular pillions absolutely swear by the Corbins increased comfort, but not me. The stock is only slightly more comfortable, but I like the stock look better. And with the Airhawk and the sheepskin on I can do 1200ks in a day with no pain at all,,zero. I will put it down to a failed experiment, albeit an expensive one. Build quality is pretty iffy as well on the Corbin. On another note, I rotated my footpegs and that made a big difference.

I am so close to buying a hyperpro front and rear spring set I can taste it . Has anyone just upgraded the front and rear springs to progressive springs and what are your thoughts. They are 437 dollars plus 20 postage so not that bad if they are good.

Edit: I am fully aware I am going to cop shit for that headline. Smile
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Ok I guess I'm just strange. Empty Re: Ok I guess I'm just strange.

Post  potatomasher Fri 16 Jul 2010, 4:18 am

we went to a suspension day at terry hayes a while ago and i seem to recall he didnt recommend progressive springs - if i remember correctly he was of the view they didnt do anything very well [but i might be wrong]

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 16 Jul 2010, 8:48 am

Saikhan wrote:I have removed my Corbin seat and put the (more comfortable) stock seat back on.
I never liked the look of the Corbin and have always been happy with the comfort of the stocker. I rarley pillion so cant comment on that.
Now if there was a single seat conversion I'd be interested. I know cowels are available from Powerbronze but I reckon a propper built single seat would do me for what I need/want.

No comment on the title mate. We're all different Wink

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Fri 16 Jul 2010, 9:55 am

potatomasher wrote:we went to a suspension day at terry hayes a while ago and i seem to recall he didnt recommend progressive springs - if i remember correctly he was of the view they didnt do anything very well [but i might be wrong]

They are usually not recommended for dirt bikes, we always upgrade to normal springs, however I thought it may have been different for less bumpy terrain. I think I will think a bit more. Heaven forbid I save a bit of my mod money. Very Happy

You see I had 20k budgeted for my new bike and then I found the Bandit, well plenty left over for mods and fuel etc.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Fri 16 Jul 2010, 1:14 pm

Saikhan wrote:
I am so close to buying a hyperpro front and rear spring set I can taste it . Has anyone just upgraded the front and rear springs to progressive springs and what are your thoughts. They are 437 dollars plus 20 postage so not that bad if they are good.

You could buy a USD front end for that!

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Fri 16 Jul 2010, 5:53 pm

Each to his/her own I guess but I love my Holeshot Corbin. Initially it was a bit of a disappointment as I was expecting a really comfy touring seat and instead found it firm if not plain hard. But I am used to it now and it doesn't seem to get less comfortable the longer you are in/on it (unlike the stocker, for me anyway) and the pluses are that its much easier to move around on (for hanging off), and the hump stops you sliding back so you can keep your shoulders loose accelerating hard out of the corners and not over-control the bike.

I agree with you about the quality, looks like its made in a backyard in Tijuana or something, but hey what can compete with genuine Japanese? Still of anyone wants a sports seat, then I would recommend it.

As far as progressive springs, my opinion is that since the damping is not progressive then you will be overdamped in the early part of the stroke and underdamped at the end, plus the compression of the air in the fork means you get some progression at the bottom of the stroke anyway. Also, you will note that people like Ohlins do straight springs. Just my opinion.

BTW, the Holeshot fork brace makes a big difference and I reckon is money well spent.

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Fri 16 Jul 2010, 6:15 pm

Dekenai wrote:

As far as progressive springs, my opinion is that since the damping is not progressive then you will be overdamped in the early part of the stroke and underdamped at the end, plus the compression of the air in the fork means you get some progression at the bottom of the stroke anyway. Also, you will note that people like Ohlins do straight springs. Just my opinion.

BTW, the Holeshot fork brace makes a big difference and I reckon is money well spent.

Cheers Peter

Exactly what we learnt from our suspension day. Progressive springs really dont do any job well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Sat 17 Jul 2010, 12:02 am

Dekenai wrote:

Cheers Peter

+1 on the Holeshot Fork brace I noticed the difference immediately.

Thanks for the input. I have decided on straight rate racetechs.

Regards

Todd

Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum