Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad to see it go ---> Now riding again :-)

5 posters

Go down

Sad to see it go ---> Now riding again :-) Empty Sad to see it go ---> Now riding again :-)

Post  dhula Sat 26 Jul 2014, 3:11 pm

It's a sad day today.

I'm now bikeless (well almost anyways, Thursday is D day) as I've sold the sturdy steed Wee strom.
Financial duties called for some drastic measures and one of the things we decided on was selling the Wee.
Positive is the buyer paid what I was asking.

We still have a couple of bikes in the shed that I can get on when needed:
* A Honda DN01 which I don't reckon we'll ever sell cause they are hard to come by (some tell me there where only 2000 sold in Aus - not sure how true that is tho) and the fact my Mrs loves it and loves riding it.
* A Zongshen LZX200 (stop laughing) that my young fella is learning the ropes on.

Not sure what is guna come next in the stable or when it'll be. I've kind of come to really like the Adv type of bike styling and versatility so most likely something from that area but hopefully it won't be too long a wait.

Last edited by dhula on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

dhula

Back to top Go down

Sad to see it go ---> Now riding again :-) Empty Re: Sad to see it go ---> Now riding again :-)

Post  paul Sat 26 Jul 2014, 5:41 pm

They're kinda hard to give up after they get under your skin .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Sad to see it go ---> Now riding again :-) Empty Re: Sad to see it go ---> Now riding again :-)

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 26 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm

It would be a shame to back out completely mate. 
Gus has a bike for sale.  It's just run in Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 26 Jul 2014, 9:45 pm

Certainly not backing out completely - it'll have to be something pretty major for me to quit altogether. This is just a temporary setback that will hopefully see me on something cheaper, smaller, whatever for a short term.

In a way I'm hoping the guy doesn't turn up on Thursday. It'll mean I need to sort my shit our well and truely but I'll still have the Wee

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 26 Jul 2014, 10:24 pm

Best of luck mate. hope you come across a pot of gold and don`t have to sell up.

You brought back a memory for me.  I was given a DN01 as loner when they first came out, and to be honest, I still don`t know what to make of them.

It was like a big scooter cruiser.  In some ways I liked it, and in other ways I hated it. I`d like to get back on another one to have another opinion.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:47 am

G'day @Dhula, long time no see. I reckon you should hunt down a 600 single like an XR, tt, dr or klx. Once your son has learnt get rid of the Chinese bike and buy Japanese Smile  then you can go out trail riding
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:33 pm

Funny you mention that idea @reddog, I've been thinking the same thing and looking at KLR650 on gumtree/bikesales.
There is one in Perth for cheap but not sure what to make of the add - 25k kms and a couple of trips across the desert. Will be worth my time for a look tho as you never know, it could work out.
Most of the other KLR650's I've seen are up there in price which is a bummer.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 27 Jul 2014, 4:13 pm

The people we bought the SV off today have a new Yam Tenere 1200 in the shed alongside a GS650 (800).
That Yam is a big lump but the Beemer is quite nice if you're into that sort of bike. 
They've just completed a 13,000km lap of the country on them.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 27 Jul 2014, 9:51 pm

The largest cc you want for a real adventure bike would be 800cc. Plenty of 600cc trail bikes that do the job and are fairly cheap. You also won't cry if you take a spill on them. Just buy bark busters to stop you from snapping levers then its happy days. Go Suzuki btw dr650'or drz400e
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 30 Jul 2014, 9:10 pm

The Wee's gone to a new home. Sad face
Guna be used as an instructors bike during the week by a guy who is setting up his own riding school and backing up with week end touring.

Was certainly sad to see the Wee leave with someone else on it but can't grumble too much, got what I asked price wise.

Duno what comes next, will have to wait to see what is left in the kitty after I've done what needs doing.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 08 Aug 2014, 7:09 pm

Woo Hoo, the drought is over before it even really began.

We had some coin left over after fixing what needed fixing which led me to do some looking and test riding and almost buying.

I looked and tried a few 600ish thumpers thinking that I would like to get into the dirt a bit more but wanting to be able to keep up on the road as well. No such luck tho as while there are some good bikes out there, after seriously considering what kind of riding I do/will do, none of them really appealed or fitted the bill.

In the end I picked up another Wee for cheap cheap. This time it's a red one with ~34k on the clock and a few accessories already done (crash bars, center stand, topbox, K&N, Gold Vv's and fork springs). It's seen dirt time and has a some things to fix but with a service history, rego and at the $$ I paid, I'm back on the road and happy as a pig in shit.

Last edited by dhula on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 08 Aug 2014, 7:27 pm

Good result mate. Welcome back but you never really left Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum