Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Very Sad Day

+2
paul
Hammy
6 posters

Go down

A Very Very Sad Day Empty A Very Very Sad Day

Post  Hammy Sat 19 Jul 2014, 9:38 am

Yesterday was a very sad day.  For the Human race. The deliberate shooting down of flight MH17 has moved some of us one step closer to the primitive animals which we arose from. The black hole which the circumstances spiral into is just so mind wrenching that it is beyond civilised human nature.  I can only hope that this tragic act will finally bring some minds to their senses, and they will begin to do what is right for their fellow man. I'm sure members here of my age must think "what in the world are we doing". Where to next ?  Lets hope in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

A Very Very Sad Day Empty Re: A Very Very Sad Day

Post  paul Sat 19 Jul 2014, 10:45 am

An accident (for want of a better word ) caused by a bunch of self righteous dickheads squabbling over a piece of dirt that is no longer under their jurisdiction ! .....International air space ; maybe ; would I be happy to fly over a war zone given current circumstances in the area ...........no ! Our current world may not be as I remember it , but I really wonder if it ever was looking back over history ..........as Hammy said , a very sad day for the world ; yet again.

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 19 Jul 2014, 11:59 am

Not condoning what happened. I'm not sure you could say it was deliberate. I'm fairly sure that there was no intention to shoot down a international airliner.
This is what happens when innocent bystanders get in close to a war zone. especially where the combatants are poorly trained militia. It has been suggested that it was mistaken for a military transport aircraft.
A careless accident  Crying or Very sad 

Can only hope those responsible are caught and held to account with the full force of the International Criminal Court

My deepest condolences to those who lost loved ones.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sat 19 Jul 2014, 12:27 pm

This is the consequence of:

1. putting heavy weapons in the hands of dickheads;
2. continuing to overfly a warzone where at least 2 aircraft have been downed by SAM's in the last couple of weeks, presumably to save some fuel.

Of course this does not reduce the scale of the tragedy, but before we condemn the Russians, we should remember that the US supplied man portable SAMs (first the Blowpipe and then Stingers) to the Taliban when they were fighting the Russians in Afghanistan.  They then had to mount a major operation at the end of the war to get them back; even paying rewards for their return.

Unfortunately, I believe we are looking at a future where there is more not less of this sort of stuff.  And BTW it's not international airspace...it is the territory of the nation beneath, and the Ukraine must bear some responsibility for providing clearances for aircraft to operate in this airspace...presumably because they get some airways fee's for so doing.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 19 Jul 2014, 1:35 pm

Yeah not good.

Watched the news or some show on telly last night, and they were flying at 33 000ft, is considered a safe zone, and at 32 000ft is considered a no go zone.

Obviously, saving fuel by airlines is to fly in a straight line, but one must wonder, when your dealing with a primitive minded race, why would any airline risk the route.

I`m not dishing on Malaysia Airlines either, as some media are, as many use the same route.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 19 Jul 2014, 1:47 pm

Make of this what you will ................maybe a case of here we go again !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28MrASx-RiM&list=UUFjOi1ZpZVErr8EYxg8t1dQ

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:08 am

mtbeerwah wrote:Yeah not good.

Watched the news or some show on telly last night, and they were flying at 33 000ft, is considered a safe zone, and at 32 000ft is considered a no go zone.

Obviously, saving fuel by airlines is to fly in a straight line, but one must wonder, when your dealing with a primitive minded race, why would any airline risk the route.

I`m not dishing on Malaysia Airlines either, as some media are, as many use the same route.
I would totally 'diss MH.  UK CAA issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) on I think 16 Jun to avoid the area.  The aircraft was (I believe) downed by a SA-11, and these typically go to 50,000'.  It is unfortunate that passengers judge the quality of an airline by the shininess of the aircraft and the cabin service, and naively assume flight standards are the same.  Utter rubbish, there is a big difference between the standards of, say Qantas (who have been avoiding the area for some time), and these guys.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:38 am

Dekenai wrote:
mtbeerwah wrote:Yeah not good.

I would totally 'diss MH.  UK CAA issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) on I think 16 Jun to avoid the area.  The aircraft was (I believe) downed by a SA-11, and these typically go to 50,000'.  It is unfortunate that passengers judge the quality of an airline by the shininess of the aircraft and the cabin service, and naively assume flight standards are the same.  Utter rubbish, there is a big difference between the standards of, say Qantas (who have been avoiding the area for some time), and these guys.

My bad, I actually said that wrong, meaning not to just dish on them, as from what I understand, aren`t the only ones to fly this air space, and it should be all that use this air space, and not to just single them out as soul parties using the flight path, or am I incorrect to that fact, and they are the only parties flying this path?
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 20 Jul 2014, 2:24 pm

What seem to make sense but the blame game seem to taken over to obscure what seems to be fact, 

Russian backed militia over run a Ukraine military base and get the hands on a serious surface to air missile launcher. They shoot down a Ukraine ground fighter and turbo prop transport earlier . 

The rebels track MH17 thinking it to be Ukraining airforce with their new toy not thinking it would be a commercial jet , press the little red button and the rest is history.

This has become a propaganda bonanza for the Ukraine and they are sadly milking for all its worth

As the world blames Russia All Putin needs to do is say to the Rebels be nice let investigators and retrieval teams in, let em clean it up and two weeks later its business as usual, the black box will show a rapid decent and the pilots going what the fuck was that. 

This is a tragic accident, amplified when you give untrained people modern weapons. The main thing is to retrieve the bodies and repatriate them back to their loved ones as quickly as  Unless we want to go to war with Russia and the rebels which i am sure that the Australian public has no stomach for, the EU like all of history don't have the ball and the Yanks cannot afford to and Russia knows all this 

This is just a sad sad situation where there are no winners, and hopefully common sense prevail.
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 20 Jul 2014, 5:40 pm

And then there was this .....................

http://rt.com/news/173976-mh17-crash-questions-ukraine/

The blame game goes on !

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum