Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignition cut out at speed

2 posters

Go down

Ignition cut out at speed Empty Ignition cut out at speed

Post  Harry Mon 09 Jun 2014, 9:08 am

I have inspected and cleaned all connectors , cut out seems to be worse . Every test ride has a heart in mouth moment! This problem has been ongoing for a few weeks! Could the sidestand relay be the culprit ?

Harry

Back to top Go down

Ignition cut out at speed Empty Re: Ignition cut out at speed

Post  barry_mcki Mon 09 Jun 2014, 9:49 am

Hey Bob, welcome to the Forum.  

So that we have a bit more info to work on, why don't you take a second to go over to the Intro section and tell us about yourself and your ride and possibly a little histroy of the both of you.  Your issue and its solution could be completely different depending on what model you have.  Depending on where you live, you never know, there might be a member that is close by.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Ignition cut out at speed Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Ignition cut out at speed Empty Problem solved !

Post  Harry Wed 11 Jun 2014, 2:29 pm

First I would like to thank those that replied to my call for help . The problem with my ignition cutting out was in the side stand switch , the switch tested fine but was opening with only a few millimetres of travel ! I bent the tag on the side stand up 10 millimetres , problem solved ! The worst part of all this was I suspected the switch from day one but when it tested fine I moved on and just got more confused as all other electrics tested fine . Thanks again to all for there input .

Harry

Back to top Go down

Ignition cut out at speed Empty Re: Ignition cut out at speed

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down