Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3d printer ...........

+2
madmax
gus
6 posters

Go down

3d printer ........... Empty 3d printer ...........

Post  gus Sun 18 May 2014, 5:20 pm

The size of a football field to make a jumbo plane .Sound wild ,but its the future . You need a new bone sir ,we will make one from your own cells , back soon .I know at the moment its only plastic but its only time it its carbon, alloy ect
Who knows more .?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

3d printer ........... Empty Re: 3d printer ...........

Post  madmax Sun 18 May 2014, 5:53 pm

What about this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnIvhlKT7SY&sns=em

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 18 May 2014, 7:29 pm

I find the rate that  technology has expanded since I was a kid extremely exciting (and a little daunting at times ) .............the trick I suppose is not to be left behind .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sun 18 May 2014, 8:00 pm

I quite often chuckle to myself, thinking about today's technology and what it will look like to people in 100 years time. In the same way that we look at 1914 technology and ask ourselves how did they live back then.

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Mon 19 May 2014, 1:54 am

I watched a 3D printer making a nut and bolt the other day.  Amazing stuff.  There's already one that prints a house!
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 19 May 2014, 5:10 am

I'm all for technology, but, I sometimes stop and think that the world was a much more simple and easy going place when I was just a lad. I have no time for this face book crazy thing. All I see is young people loseing the ability to communicate face to face with someone. Do you really need to know that your friend Billy just farted ? Maybe I am being a bit hypocritical when here I am communicating via the net. But I don't carry it around with me all day and check it as soon as it beeps.  Getting back on track.  I do see wonderful advances through the technology that man creates. So that is fantastic for medical research, industry, farming, etc. But again to what cost. We see thousands of jobs being lost every year because for the best part, advances overseas mean that it is cheaper to not make something here and buy it from there. I tell customers that one day all the beer that they drink will be brewed in China. I think that people of my age have, and are, living through some of the best, and worst that the world has seen. I hope we are not going too fast for our own good. Hope I don't sound too pessimistic. I would just like to see more resources being used for good, and not evil.   Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 19 May 2014, 6:53 am

The next big step will be artificial intelligence.
They are already debating, in the US Congress, on how to control it's development. There is a risk of a tipping point, where A.I. development occurs at an exponential rate and out thinks man. Then we become the obsolete, redundant factor in the equation.
Science fiction becoming science fact. It's happened over and over again, already.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 19 May 2014, 7:24 am

Where's Arny ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 19 May 2014, 7:54 am

He'll be back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum