Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't believe how much we get for our money

2 posters

Go down

I can't believe how much we get for our money Empty I can't believe how much we get for our money

Post  Bosco15 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 5:53 pm

I think it was TwoWheelsAgain that said "There are some great bikes out there for under Ten Grand"

Playing with the SV today and I just can't believe how much technology you can get for so little money.

I can't believe how much we get for our money Cams_010

Twin gear driven cams running off a chain driven idler gear, giving 31 different combinations of adjustability. Pure art. 

I can't believe how much we get for our money Cams_011

Magnesium rocker covers. Icing on a very special cake.

I can't believe how much we get for our money Cams_012

Degreeing cams.

All of the gubbins and design, research and development and I picked it up for $5500. I doubt that I could even get one head built for that if I were to do it from scratch. Admitedly, it's second hand, but incredible value for money. 

We get so used to great quality for little money that when we buy something.....

I can't believe how much we get for our money Dial_i10

for $10, we are so disappointed when we find out why it was so cheap. lol

I can't believe how much we get for our money Dial_i11

Mad No way to mount the bloody thing. 

Later modified with a bracket.

Back to top Go down

I can't believe how much we get for our money Empty Re: I can't believe how much we get for our money

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 25 Apr 2014, 8:17 pm

Well put mate.
When we installed the MCCT's in my Storm a few weeks ago we had the valve covers off and although not gear driven the quality of the internals was impressive.
It also has the slickest gearbox I've ever used and is very well planted generally. It's a pity they have shit brakes but I've got CBR954 bits to go on.
In my case its a hoot for under $6000. The POM's pay about £1000 for a good Firestorm.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

I can't believe how much we get for our money Empty Re: I can't believe how much we get for our money

Post  Bosco15 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 8:04 am

I have found that Honda's engineering is exceptional. The best of the four Japanese manufacturers Imo.
How do your cam chains sound now, 2WA?

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 26 Apr 2014, 9:11 am

Bosco15 wrote:I have found that Honda's engineering is exceptional.  The best of the four Japanese manufacturers Imo.
How do your cam chains sound now, 2WA?

No specific can chain noise mate. Just a mechanical symphony Laughing
Scarlett Engine

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum