Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody modern technology !!!

+8
reddog
BanditDave
barry_mcki
Bosco15
Jimmy the Boy
Jimcoleman
madmax
paul
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bloody modern technology !!! - Page 2 Empty Bloody modern technology !!!

Post  paul Sat 29 Mar 2014, 1:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So...........a few weeks ago , our internet connection kept dropping out& shat itself, followed a few days later by the computer dropping out as well big time .
After a trip back to the supplier & a hard drive wipe & a parade of telstra techs for the internet line we were back on line .............for  2 days...............then the computer went again .
Two weeks later we now have a new computer (product care insurance ...........hard drive had shat itself ) & hopefully our connection finally fixed .
Time to set up our new WiFi modem . Rang telstra ( they will do it for you at their end if you ask , with minimal input at my end .............WRONG...................the bloody thing would work for a few minutes , then refuse to open pages ( Sues tablet & the smart TV were fine though )................after a few hours stuffing around I rang Microsoft help line ........... turns out windows 8.1 can have issues with some modems ( which Bigpond are aware of   Rolling Eyes  Mad ) and a bit of computer jargon entered into my settings fixed the problems .
It's amazing how much we rely on & use our computers for just about everything these days including receiving / paying bills etc ,  hence Sues shiny new tablet we now have ( which we ran off prepaid until our connection was fixed ).................Bloody modern technology !!!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Bloody modern technology !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloody modern technology !!!

Post  Cal Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:40 pm

NBN launched here today, just signed my life away for it. Hope it is as fast and reliable as the hype.Shocked
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:06 am

That looks like  it would be like riding around in a game of giant marbles Barry  Laughing

@reddog ..............yep , it is easy to use with plenty of features & works well once you figure it out. Very Happy 

@Cal ,we aren't getting NBN to our house as such, only to the nearest sub station or something which still leaves us with the old rotting copper wires from there to our place ( and we are the last house on that run Rolling Eyes  )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:20 am

Paul MX player, es3 file manager are good apps. Plenty of good emulators too if you want to relive some retro computing or arcade games.

BTW no NBN slated for our suburb. The old telco wire around here is shagged so can't even get ADSL 1 let alone anything else. I've actually seen a telstra cable run along a wire fence down the road from me.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:40 am

reddog wrote:Paul MX player, es3 file manager are good apps. Plenty of good emulators too if you want to relive some retro computing or arcade games.

BTW no NBN slated for our suburb. The old telco wire around here is shagged so can't even get ADSL 1 let alone anything else. I've actually seen a telstra cable run along a wire fence down the road from me.
Hopefully the upgrade will still help us , we have adsl2 , but because we are so far from the exchange we can only get 2.22mbps download max ( 58mbps upload ). enough to run the smart tv for most things , but it still struggles with some high definition stuff ( wifi connected ) & Sue's tablet & the phones are ok . .The computer is cable connected & works pretty well though which is probably more important . ( It's still pretty crap for suburbia though )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:15 am

reddog wrote:Nothing wrong with Android Paul, you can run heaps of cool stuff iDevice owners wish they could. The Macs run Linux these days anyway so I wouldn't be too hyped up about the whole Mac vs Windows. 8.1. With classic shell i8.1 actually works quite well. I'm also not for the cloud, got a 6tb Qnap NAS on a gigabit network. Beats the hell out of wireless any day.  Unfortunately I live out the boonies so don't have a flash nbn or adsl connection so ridiculously priced wireless internet costs mean no torrents for me either.

Even though I'm all Mac and iDevices at home it will take a lot for me to let go of my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone especially now its upgraded to Lollypop.
The only cloud storage I use is Dropbox.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum