Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust gasket

2 posters

Go down

Exhaust gasket Empty Exhaust gasket

Post  1836 Wed 23 Jun 2010, 8:56 pm

I needed the gasket that goes between the collector and the link pipe for the 600K1. Shopped around here in Oz to find the cheapest to be $41 for a single item. Got on fleebay only to find the same item for £7 in 'ye olde blighty'. So on the phone.....2 gaskets and a stainless steel clamp later, I'm $34 lighter. How do they sell an item for near enough 3 times more here in Australia, than in a country twice as far away as the bike was built? I used a site called 'Mad4bikes', they were more than helpful, I'll let you all know delivery time/quality/etc when I get my goods.

Back to top Go down

Exhaust gasket Empty Re: Exhaust gasket

Post  dhula Wed 23 Jun 2010, 10:54 pm

How do they sell an item for near enough 3 times more here in Australia

supply and demand

We need the supply and they demand the (sometimes) higher prices

There are limited suppliers here in Oz in most cases so there you have supply (low) and demand (high) again

Often the cheaper, non OEM product can be inferior to the real OEM product or made out of different materials that does not meet the OEM's requirements thereby making the OEM product more expensive.

Working where I work I regularly see the effects asking for OQE, COC's etc to prove that things are what they say they are makes the item much more expensive compared to if the little piece of paper wasn't asked for (I've seen a mark up of 500% in some cases)

dhula

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum